Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By rebelagainstthemachine
  • 1 Post By fabricator4
  • 3 Post By Fatman

Thread: Hospital in US to stop hiring smokers and other off topic news

AVF Regular

Hospital in US to stop hiring smokers and other off topic news

Hospital in the US will stop hiring smokers and introduce nicotine screenings for employees
    Good Sam, Philhaven stop hiring smokers

Chimpy on the pleasure of smoking *rolls eyes
    https://theconversation.com/on-the-p...-smoking-69721

An Australian Ex-Con Explains How to Make Cigarettes From Nicotine Patches

An Australian Ex-Con Explains How to Make Cigarettes From Nicotine Patches | VICE | New Zealand

and a nice innovative story for a change - The french of course....

Gamers and vapers to help support a charity telethon on neuromuscular disorders (may need translate)
    SOLIDARITE : La vape participe aussi au Téléthon
    Dymo316 and ybnice like this.
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
    "How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Hospital in the US will stop hiring smokers and introduce nicotine screenings for employees
    Good Sam, Philhaven stop hiring smokers
    Well they are going to get their asses sued off for discrimination aren't they? Or has society degraded so far that it's OK to discriminate against someone because they have nicotine in their blood stream. I predict carnage. There are people in the states who go around looking for opportunities just like this.

Puritanical BS, but the US has always been good at that.
    ybnice likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    They been doing that shit in Aus for years.
    its a valid excuse not to hire someone for being a smoker here.

The nic screening is a waste of money, they could just hire a few vapers and have them walk around the office.
    Its not as if we cant smell the smoke a mile away even if they try cover it up

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Chimpy on the pleasure of smoking *rolls eyes
    https://theconversation.com/on-the-p...-smoking-69721
    Chimpy quoting a study from 22 years ago that completely confuses nicotine with tobacco because that was the only way to get nicotine then without a prescription for gum. Still making the same mistakes and assumptions 22 years on.

Chimpy smoked in his 20's? and he doesn't remember having any trouble stopping? Probably two smokes that he didn't inhale then. He's a...

If he thought that revelation would endear him to any smokers or ex smokers, he sure missed the mark on that one.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    I havent looked but not sure.. from memory that it is not illegal or against equal opportunity/ human rights law to discriminate against smokers in the workplace bc the workplace would be arguing like against any drug user that its a matter of health and saftey and that they would be worrying about company liability where the long term health of the smoker or vaper is concerned -

Tricky stuff - kinda like the way insurance companies or doctors and others will discriminate against smokers and noone blinks - All in a good cause you see...

Also part of the problem for vapers is the science around nicotine itself - there are so many unknowns unbiased research wise and the blurring of nicotine with tobacco is extremely convenient really isnt it for tobacco control?

It worries me this new puritanical trend that we are seeing in Australia - its almost become some warped religion - and like any religion someone will have to pay or be the whipping boy - usually the poor or people with other beliefs and values ( religion and how it influences policy and health policy is also an interesting field if you are ever bored enough)

I saw the other day that chimpy is now evangelizing about how obesity should use the anti smoking template - and he does it while carefully crafting any comments below his articles ensuring that any that disagree with him are silenced and moderated out

https://theconversation.com/what-can...-success-69299

Its actually scarey that public health who are supposed to work in our best interests with us- are also evangelizing from on high without regard to any of us

Meanwhile basics like harm reduction, common sense, education and other programs are being ignored or silenced

Things need to change or its only gonna get worse.. whos next after all Toabacco and nicotine users, obese and overweight people, people who drink either occasionally or cause they like it, and then???

But time will tell I suppose

You know its interesting too to me personally how people were all outraged by diazapams - which really give you a buzz or makes you floaty etc - People were like omg addictions! Suicides etc -

what interests me about this is how the alternative- anti depressants which is also addictive causes suicides etc have no real such outrage - Its interesting too that anti depressants are not known for causing pleasure of any kind - enough that the goal posts of addiction were moved for them

Personally I cant help wonder if part of this is the pleasure that diazapams can give people (No I am not advocating them but same can be said of cannabis, alcohol, vaping, codeine etc etc)

Just interesting ..
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 04-12-16 at 03:20 AM.
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
    "How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Chimpy smoked in his 20's, wasnt that 50 years ago when they had no additives?

My wife always forgives me when she is wrong.

Super Moderator
    There is no strange new concept "in the create a crisis" to create an industry to address the crisis ... Public Health in Australia is just turning it into an art form ... and with Govt backing... Because the longer you live the more they can stretch out retirement age and gain tax for longer periods ... The more frightened and manipulated the populace the easier it is to garner approval and control ... to keep one side happier you must instill the belief they are superior by making the other appear inferior... Smokers in Australia are probably the most villified and controlled members of the populace while paying an unbelievable tax burden on a legal product. It is very easy to see that Vaping will be lumped in with the smokers because that way instead of losing a vilification base with every smoker who turns to vaping , you are actually keeping the status quo. Smoker? Too Fat? Cultural Minority? you will either be reviled or revealed depending on the needs of those who will "treat" you or reward you ... as public perception changes or is dulled the flux continues ... the more you are diverted with the right hand the more subtle the left is dipping into your pocket or "guiding" you.

We have also had our sense of overall community degraded and encouraged to become more self interested in our lives,work, and interests, because when your own position is all you care about , then there is always one thing you can be made to feel good about to distract you while several aspects keep you tethered

Making a motza ? You must be a fantastic contributing member of society ( never mind HOW you are making that motza )
    Broke and Homeless and on the dole? Not your fault mate , you've just been dealt a bum hand, not your fault, take pride in that
    Throwing up in a gutter with your skin itching for a hit ? Again not your doing... Society has forced you into it...

Distract, package, "address", achieve bugger all, and move the goalposts as far as you can to make it all look good

"Divide et impera " from the ancient Greeks right thru Machiavelli straight to Parliament House

Coming right now to you

( what can I say ... it's a reflective Sunday for the Fats )
    fabricator4, merexy and rockmoose like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

yes!