Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By gtadmin
  • 2 Post By rebelagainstthemachine

Thread: Off topic interesting Cancer Council study finds rising number of smokers think dange

AVF Regular

Off topic interesting Cancer Council study finds rising number of smokers think dange

Cancer Council study finds rising number of smokers think dangers of smoking exaggerated

No Cookies | Herald Sun
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

Super Moderator
    Paywalled.

Google "Cancer Council study finds rising number of smokers" to read it
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Oops sorry fixed

"ONE in three smokers refuse to believe cigarettes are as dangerous as doctors and anti-tobacco lobbyists claim.

An increasing number of people believing tobacco harms have been exaggerated is sparking calls for a renewed anti-smoking campaign by Quit to remind smokers of the realities of the killer habit.
    While smoking claims 15,000 Australian lives each year, a Cancer Council Victoria study reveals that more than one in 10 smokers either do not believe, or do not know, that it causes illnesses.
    Quit Victoria director Dr Sarah White fears a decline in anti-smoking TV advertisements may be behind rising levels of ignorance about tobacco harms, calling on state and federal governments to make a renewed campaign a priority.
    “I feel it is quite mind boggling that people don’t get the risks. Some of it will be denial because they are dependent on cigarettes, but others just don’t want to believe it,” she said.
    “We just have to keep people talking about it.”
    The Cancer Council research also found that while three-quarters of current smokers recognised lung and other cancers as being caused by tobacco, few acknowledged its impact on heart disease, stroke, gangrene, asthma and complications in pregnancy.
    Heart Foundation Victoria chief executive officer Kellie-Ann Jolly said there was no safe level of smoking.
    “Smoking clogs and narrows coronary arteries and reduces the amount of oxygen in your blood, meaning your heart must pump harder to supply the body with the oxygen it needs,” she said."

gtadmin and flyingfox12 like this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    And every time I read someone call smoking a "habit" they lose me immediately, particularly "experts".

AVF Regular
    ."one in ten.. do not believe..."

Logically, any amount of evidence can be disproven by nothing more than "I don't like the sound of it", if your standards of logic allow it.

Lets not forget, you can lead a horse to university, but you can't make it study critical thinking.

But hey let's blow some more money on TV adds anyway, the horse is dead but the whip still works right?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk