• 1 Post By Cat
  • 1 Post By merexy
  • 1 Post By Cat
  • 1 Post By stylemessiah
  • 1 Post By andron

Thread: RIP Iphone.

AVF Regular

RIP Iphone.

Don't believe in that Friday 13th crap but yesterday my beloved little 5C died, or at least the screen. It's been dropped a thousand times before but this one from hip height hit the edge and half the screen became non functioning. After pondering for a minute or two I decided on mechanical logic and decided another light drop might give it a reset. Unfortunately it was a terminal reset and apart from a few strange lines nothing. All still working but not much good if you can't control the bugger. A new screen would have been cheap but no phone for a few days is not an option out here. Trip to Colac and I am now in possession of a new 6S, more data and less money, work that out? 7's are not an option, too big and no "blue tick" means no operatey out here in the sticks and this thing is massive compared to my little 5C. Upside, easier to see for my degenerating eyes.

Cat
    AVF Regular
    What a pain, I'm sorry that happened to you and I hope you really like your new one!
    merexy likes this.
    Be Realistic. Plan for a Miracle.

Quit smoking 22 Sep 16

AVF Regular
    As they say in the classics Cat, "shit happens". I had become quite fond of the little beast and was in no hurry to replace....
    Cat likes this.

Cat
    AVF Regular
    Yeah I looked into replacing my 5C but decided I'll wait til it dies probably
    merexy likes this.
    Be Realistic. Plan for a Miracle.

Quit smoking 22 Sep 16

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by merexy View Post
    Don't believe in that Friday 13th crap but yesterday my beloved little 5C died, or at least the screen. It's been dropped a thousand times before but this one from hip height hit the edge and half the screen became non functioning. After pondering for a minute or two I decided on mechanical logic and decided another light drop might give it a reset. Unfortunately it was a terminal reset and apart from a few strange lines nothing. All still working but not much good if you can't control the bugger. A new screen would have been cheap but no phone for a few days is not an option out here. Trip to Colac and I am now in possession of a new 6S, more data and less money, work that out? 7's are not an option, too big and no "blue tick" means no operatey out here in the sticks and this thing is massive compared to my little 5C. Upside, easier to see for my degenerating eyes.
    Percussive maintenance didnt work? Are we in opposite world?

You should have messaged me, i have a line on cheap Easy Call 4's for you old folk :P They have a blue tick (im just surprised they dont come with a blue rinse as well)

Im amazed at how i can actually be friends with people who use stuff form the cult of the turtleneck....i even fixed Disleys iPhone once when what i really wanted to do was put it on the railway tracks and laugh maniacally
    merexy likes this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    i bought an SE to replace a 4S with a dead battery. Its cheaper than a 6S but the same internals.
    My 6S for work is just too big for one handed use.
    merexy likes this.