Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Like Tree1929Likes

Thread: Show us your pets! I love animals...

Super Moderator
    Firstly an apology to the community as I will be a little bit vacant for a while but I am sure the other mods can continue with the terrific job they do while I am working things out ....

Its been a not great few weeks at Casa Fatmanos for other personal reasons but unfortunately that has been compounded by a huge recent loss in 2 parts .

Unfortunately Misk'i Bird had an entanglement with a small piece of Coir that she had removed from a chew ring hanging in her cage last night, and in a disastrous turn of events it led to her being trapped by her foot in the base bars of her cage ... Strangely enough she did not make a noise and freak out as has happened before in the past when she got her toe stuck in her Happy Hut fabric ... I was out of the room for only 15 mins or so and when I returned she was prone on the floor of the cage , I went to pick her up and she gave a single indignant "sqwaaark!" as I noticed her leg was between the bars ... not wanting to stress her further I went to the kitchen to get some scissors to cut the coir thread off the bars so I could begin to comfort her , and then try and remove the thread when she was feeling better ... when I returned thirty seconds later she had managed to pull her leg free herself , but was in obvious shock and still prone on the lower cage bars ... I picked her up and warmed her and held her with gentle tones and strokes but she just faded away ... My little girl left me and life isn't that great ... I will survive but unfortunately this is also compounded by the fact Bonnie dog also struggling in the last few days ... I haven't said much publicly but a few know she has been in a slow decline over recent weeks/months ... she has a couple of ominous lumps and bumps the main one one her chest but also one on her intestines you can see under the fur , these were first thought to be fatty lipomas as they were mobile but now they are not... she is 11 years old now and as older members will know made a brave fight against a brown snake bite , which she beat a while back and was great for 6-8 months but then seemed to age rather rapidly... she has a painful rear end and now, wobbly when walking, is finding it hard to get comfy on her bed a lot and when she isn't trying to adjust herself is snoring a lot ... Last night she was off her food , but thankfully she is eating again today , however after a decent chat with a vet this morning it is fairly clear the end might be approaching ... she is panting a lot, her mobility is way down and she is showing some anxiety behaviours ( licking the front paws and forelegs a bit ... a soothing mechanism) Still pooping urinating drinking and now eating but its pretty easy to see she isn't having the life she deserves ... so its a waiting game ... before her eating today she was probably going to the Vet on Monday, but now we shall see ... a most important thing I have to remember is the Vet advised me that she will eat to please me, she will move to please me, she will be happy to please me ... but this does not always mean she is ok ... and in my heart I get that ...

So its RIP my Cheeky feathered friend, your time with me was far too short and I miss you.. not having you call out to me in the morning to check on me in bed and share our waking ritual is just one of the losses i will feel deeply probably until the day I die... Not to mention the smiles you gave me everyday of our being together ... they say a parrot can bond as strongly to a person as it would to its mate... what is hard to describe is that feeling goes both ways and God I miss you .

Bonniedog on the other hand has lived a rich full life, filled with pats and swims, tugs of war, laughter and raucous head jumping on on the grass ( her jumping on mine lol ) Life was full of sunshine heat and freezing cold as well as beautiful sunny days where life was just so perfect I could not believe it at times.
    You are a shyte and a mate and have given me far more than I could ever give you, and living with your for the past 11 years has been a privilege and nothing more. I have given you more of myself than I have to any other being on the planet and you have been wonderful enough to return it in spades.
    I love you Bonniedog, have always done since the day I met you on the farm you were born on, and I know you have loved me too... I need to remember that and treat you with the dignity you truly deserve when the real end time arrives, maybe days, maybe months... that's up to you my fine old brown-eyed girl
    Thank you for your life and sharing it with me .......

How I will always remember you...

R.I.P Misk'i-moo I am sorry I let you down ....

The first time I ever saw you in the pic from the breeder ( misk'i closest to the ear with her ever present cheeky grin)

She grew up just fine ( and beautiful )

Last edited by Fatman; 19-08-17 at 05:07 PM.
    Crisscross, Tara, 1ynne and 3 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Dude, im so sorry to hear about Misk'i, and Bonnie too. I know that you loved Misk'i, she and Bonnie gave not only you enjoyment, but a lot of us on here as well over the years

We've all had to go through losing pets, and as such we know how tough it is, and hope you'll take the time off to look after yourself

But if you need anything, you know we're here for you
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 14/08/17

AVF Regular
    Hang in there. hugs XX
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Chit, chit and more chit.

Not much else I can say here. It's the worst part of having animals in our lives, when they go they leave a really big hole because they don't ask for much, but give everything they've got to us humans who get to share their time on earth with them.

Stu.

AVF Regular
    Oh, I'm sorry Simon :-(

It's a damn shame about Bonniedog, but just a shock where Misk'i is concerned. Many of us got to know her through the stories, pictures, and videos. Just awful for you...

It's times like these we all remember the four footed and feathered friends that have added so much to our lives and we know how you are feeling.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Oh Simon i should've checked on you mate.. I'm sorry.. It's so hard.. I'll come up and visit at some stage.
    stylemessiah and 1ynne like this.

AVF Regular
    So very sad for you FM - I know how much joy beautiful cheeky Misk'i bought to your life and and only imagine your heartache - really awful accidents sometimes happen with our beloved critters and we cant be there for them every second of their life - please try and be kind to yourself, it wasn't your fault. I will miss the Misk'i stories thanks so much for sharing her with us.
    And Bonnie Girl - I think you know many of us understand how deep that love would be.
    Hang in there - I dont think the pain ever fucking goes away but it does become bearable eventually.....
    Sending love and many thoughts your way from the Poodle House. xx
    DogMan and stylemessiah like this.
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker

AVF Regular
    So sorry

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

Super Moderator
    Thank you to all who have passed on their thoughts, and I suspect gratefully there are a lot of people who like me dont really know what to say at this time.
    I havent actually been to bed since yesterday morning and am pretty knackered but still functional and not sleepy .... Bonnie sleeps outside in all kinds of weather, but tonight we are gonna be different we are both gonna curl up on the loungeroom floor ... I suspect thats not gonna lead me to a lot of sleepy times ( lol ) but its a bitter night and despite her plea that will soon be coming for night night it will be ignored with a toilet stop in the front yard then confusingly back to her day bed
    I realise what I wrote earlier could probably be seen as a bit self indulgent and might have caused some worry I am sorry for that but to be honest there was a selfish reason for that post too... I just don't think I would have handled a completely innocent "hows Misk'i?" post or PM so wanted to avoid that ... selfish ? yes .. but necessary.... but the overwhelming urge was to communicate to the universe just what these two bloody villains mean to me ... they say loss is something you cant compare via memory , but to be honest I wasn't as upset when my ex-missus blindsided me with the divorce thing.

Because of the last decade or so and the journey it has been, people aren't often my favorite things , and I have rightly or wrongly have ended up with these rogues as my actual family, so my loyalties are not divided so much in matters of the heart as many peoples hearts can be ... but again too much TMI which I apologise for.

So thanks everyone for the support, expressed or not, the AVF family and those of you who mean so much to me is important, I never managed a close Human family of my own... but these furry and feathery buggers were/are my day to day world ,some people might think that sad, but for me it always has been and will be the most beautiful thing in the world

I am grateful for that ... and for you mangy lot as well !
    Last edited by Fatman; 19-08-17 at 10:22 PM.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Never apologise when it comes to pets, im well known for my love of animals vs people, and many of us on here are the same. Ive never shed a tear for a human, but losing one of my fur children will trigger what emotion i have.

Get some sleep feller, and take care
    DogMan, AllyP and gurishka like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 14/08/17

Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast