Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
Like Tree1929Likes

Thread: Show us your pets! I love animals...

AVF Regular

I'm so sorry Fatman.

I never know what to say in these situations but I do agree with RATM.....you haven't let anyone down. Don't ever think that.
    Any animal would be lucky to have a home with someone that loves them as much as you.

Super Moderator
    Sadly after a early morning trip to the vet today, it turned out that in addition to her old age woes Bonnie was also in an aggressive stage of Pyometra , which is a particularly nasty uterine infection that is actually hormonaly induced.... she would have had to have endured a complete hysterectomy and internal abdominal clean out which would have saved her life in the short term but had no real effect on the quality of her life that she was exhibiting before the infection became present ... her eventual descent further into old age and infirmity would still be a large factor.

The Vet could not even guarantee she would survive the surgery, tho she stood an ok chance, but if he found anything else wrong inside then he would euthenase her mid op anyway ... with this in mind and an image of a proud strong and playful dog that I had shared my life with, I decided it was time to let her go, rather than subject her to a procedure that would save her life, but probably not improve it ... she was happy right to the very end, despite being in what I would imagine a high degree of discomfort as a result of this and her normal infirmities . She didn't so much as flinch and actually licked the vet assistant as she was being injected ... happy face right to the end... I rubbed her ears ( her fave thing) until she peacefully disappeared with not even a twitch ...

Kudos to Dr Jason and the Border Vet crew at Cohuna ...

Bonnie you were, and will always be loved ... nearly as much as you loved me

Goodbye my friend/partner/ultimate mate

( I will be ok but am going to take some time either here or away ....I cant commit to either presently ... so play nice hey kiddies? )
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Sorry to hear the further sad news, but trust me you did the right thing.

Now give yourself the same consideration and take care of yourself FM.
    Tara, shaneo and DocM like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 14/08/17

AVF Regular
    RIP Bonnie dog. Heartfelt love and best wishes to you big buddy.
    shaneo and DocM like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

Super Moderator
    Oh and please get this thread back on track as a celebration of the beautiful creatures we share our lives with ... and not dwell on the sadness I brought here so much

Bonnie always loved pats more than nail clipping .... bring back the good times
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Sadly after a early morning trip to the vet today, it turned out that in addition to her old age woes Bonnie was also in an aggressive stage of Pyometra , which is a particularly nasty uterine infection that is actually hormonaly induced.... she would have had to have endured a complete hysterectomy and internal abdominal clean out which would have saved her life in the short term but had no real effect on the quality of her life that she was exhibiting before the infection became present ... her eventual descent further into old age and infirmity would still be a large factor.

The Vet could not even guarantee she would survive the surgery, tho she stood an ok chance, but if he found anything else wrong inside then he would euthenase her mid op anyway ... with this in mind and an image of a proud strong and playful dog that I had shared my life with, I decided it was time to let her go, rather than subject her to a procedure that would save her life, but probably not improve it ... she was happy right to the very end, despite being in what I would imagine a high degree of discomfort as a result of this and her normal infirmities . She didn't so much as flinch and actually licked the vet assistant as she was being injected ... happy face right to the end... I rubbed her ears ( her fave thing) until she peacefully disappeared with not even a twitch ...

Kudos to Dr Jason and the Border Vet crew at Cohuna ...

Bonnie you were, and will always be loved ... nearly as much as you loved me

Goodbye my friend/partner/ultimate mate

( I will be ok but am going to take some time either here or away ....I cant commit to either presently ... so play nice hey kiddies? )
    condolences good freind thinking of you
    DocM and stylemessiah like this.

Big shout out to AVF and Everyone that helped me on my Journey to quit the the Death Sticks

AVF Regular
    So sorry to hear about your losses FM.
    Wishing you strength in this difficult times.

AVF Regular
    FM,

Stu.

AVF Regular
    Vale` and my thoughts are with you FM
    Now with the eloquence and disposition of Porky Pig

Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

AVF Regular
    Fatman,
    I know that hollow feeling, I haven't been here long enough to read many stories about your precious dog and bird but I am sending you a huge hug and and kindest thoughts x

Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast