Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 726
Like Tree2809Likes

Thread: Show us your pets! I love animals...

  1. #621
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Central Vic,up near the Murray
    Posts
    19,166
    Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    Thank you FM just ordered one for Tooka, what a great idea mate...!!

    I went for the Aussie one with express post lol

    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/322952501875
    Yep I looked at that one too ... I had dealt with that supplier before tho and found the item came from overseas :/ Hopefully that has changed ... it was a few years ago when I dealt with them , but thought about it ....

    That and the fact the one I ordered has a selectable heat range whereas that one doesnt(?) and is just an on/off setup ?

    here its bloody cold in winter and killer in summer so I chose the one I did as its probably better suited ... maybe, maybe not LOL

    I actually looked into making my own last year on a bigger scale but that would have been overkill, but for $40 like the ones we got , who can argue?
    emu likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

    Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011


    AVF Rules , Read and understand them

  2. #622
    emu
    emu is offline
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Albany W.A
    Posts
    2,191
    Yeah I was umming and arring but it does say automatic whatever that means, our climate is pretty good here so fingers crossed, got a bottle of Aviclens here already to keep the nasties at bay. Looking forward to getting the machine now, takes a lot of work doing it manually lol but Tooka loves the stuff so much how could I not.

    Does say shipping from oz and I chose the express Australia Post so hopefully they keep stock in Australia as stated.

  3. #623
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,350
    so the birdees like micro green sprouts? like alfalfa or grains... or small sprouts like aduki- lentils - or big bean sprouts like soy chick peas sunflower? just wondering how, in the birdee real world they find these type of things...

    oh and when sprouting seeds go off, it is a very bad bad bad smell .. ugh I can still remember ! after forgetting .. twice... I moved on to growing small patches of edamame (soy) in the garden !
    Fatman and emu like this.

    What is a cat's favourite colour? Purrrrrrrple !

  4. #624
    emu
    emu is offline
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Albany W.A
    Posts
    2,191
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post
    so the birdees like micro green sprouts? like alfalfa or grains... or small sprouts like aduki- lentils - or big bean sprouts like soy chick peas sunflower? just wondering how, in the birdee real world they find these type of things...

    oh and when sprouting seeds go off, it is a very bad bad bad smell .. ugh I can still remember ! after forgetting .. twice... I moved on to growing small patches of edamame (soy) in the garden !
    I wondered the same thing ( where do birds source sprouts) maybe get the odd one after a few days of rain but they do have a really varied diet in the wild so it's probably more about the larger quantities of carbohydrates and protein and less fat than what's found in dry seed me thinks.
    I'm using wheat, sunflower, barley, oats, safflower, mung bean and sorghum at the moment but open to suggestions..? The most important thing is using treated water (Aviclens) to stop any nasties during the process, I still remember the food poisoning episodes long ago when alfalfa was all the rage for humans.

    How to sprout seed
    Fatman and 1ynne like this.

  5. #625
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Central Vic,up near the Murray
    Posts
    19,166
    Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    I wondered the same thing ( where do birds source sprouts) maybe get the odd one after a few days of rain but they do have a really varied diet in the wild so it's probably more about the larger quantities of carbohydrates and protein and less fat than what's found in dry seed me thinks.
    I'm using wheat, sunflower, barley, oats, safflower, mung bean and sorghum at the moment but open to suggestions..? The most important thing is using treated water (Aviclens) to stop any nasties during the process, I still remember the food poisoning episodes long ago when alfalfa was all the rage for humans.

    How to sprout seed
    Its more about converting the energy stored in the seeds ... before germination a seed mainly has simple nourishment stored compactly with often high fatty/starch content... germinating them starts the growing process and the sprouts quickly convert their basic stored energy into different forms like absorb-able vitamins, amino acids and enzymes, and converts raw minerals into soluble forms
    The seed itself has lots of building blocks per se , but germinating them kick starts the processes that turn the building blocks into more complex useable forms

    just a FYI the most beneficial nutrient stage for companion birdies ( or so I have researched) is when the actual sprout bit is 5-10 mm long after that it bitters slightly and the sprouty bit is just plant cells and water mainly until it begins photosynthesis and setting roots ... so the magic occurs in the seed getting ready and shooting
    emu likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

    Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011


    AVF Rules , Read and understand them

  6. #626
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Toowoomba (West)
    Posts
    7,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Its more about converting the energy stored in the seeds ... before germination a seed mainly has simple nourishment stored compactly with often high fatty/starch content... germinating them starts the growing process and the sprouts quickly convert their basic stored energy into different forms like absorb-able vitamins, amino acids and enzymes, and converts raw minerals into soluble forms
    The seed itself has lots of building blocks per se , but germinating them kick starts the processes that turn the building blocks into more complex useable forms

    just a FYI the most beneficial nutrient stage for companion birdies ( or so I have researched) is when the actual sprout bit is 5-10 mm long after that it bitters slightly and the sprouty bit is just plant cells and water mainly until it begins photosynthesis and setting roots ... so the magic occurs in the seed getting ready and shooting
    Yes, it also kick starts the conversion of the stored form of energy (starch) into simple sugars (malts). Absolutely vital if you're going to make whiskey out of it. If it's barley, you then stop the germination process at maximum sugar content by drying it gently over a peat fire, then you have the makings for scotch whiskey
    Last edited by fabricator4; 11-01-18 at 02:49 PM.
    Fatman, Mistic Lady and emu like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

    AVF emergency contact : avf_contact_point@yahoo.com
    This email will auto-respond with the latest information if the AVF forum is no longer contactable.
    Send a test message now to make sure it's in your address book or sent messages.
    Received emails and addresses will be deleted the same day. Include the word "scream" in the subject if you want me to read your message. The Yahoo responder may only send 1 or 2 response messages per day.

  7. #627
    emu
    emu is offline
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Albany W.A
    Posts
    2,191
    Very good you two, I read all that in that link and yous are spot on...!

  8. #628
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Southern Vales, SA
    Posts
    2,810
    Not my pet, but this is what puppers do when they think their parents are being too ungainly, jumaring up to work a route.

    Last edited by rockmoose; 11-01-18 at 05:14 PM. Reason: doesn't want to link vid
    AllyP and emu like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

    Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

  9. #629
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Griffith, NSW
    Posts
    3,405
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Not my pet, but this is what puppers do when they think their parents are being too ungainly, jumaring up to work a route.

    mine would been on my shoulders with the death glare "how dare you leave me behind"
    AllyP, rockmoose and emu like this.

  10. #630
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South West ( WA )
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Yes, it also kick starts the conversion of the stored form of energy (starch) into simple sugars (malts). Absolutely vital if you're going to make whiskey out of it. If it's barley, you then stop the germination process at maximum sugar content by drying it gently over a peat fire, then you have the makings for scotch whiskey


    I'm all ears now Fab, pl go into details ... My son loves a good scotch, but I never have enough money to get him what he likes and neither has he...
    Fatman likes this.

 

 
Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 10:16 PM.