Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
Like Tree2753Likes

Thread: Show us your pets! I love animals...

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistic Lady View Post
    I'm all ears now Fab, pl go into details ... My son loves a good scotch, but I never have enough money to get him what he likes and neither has he...
    Are you prepared to wait 12-20 years while it matures in a burnt oak barrel ?
    DogMan, Mistic Lady and emu like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistic Lady View Post
    I'm all ears now Fab, pl go into details ... My son loves a good scotch, but I never have enough money to get him what he likes and neither has he...
    LOL. Do you have 12 years?

In keeping with the previous instructions: Ferment...Distill...Oak Barrels...12 years...Single Malt... :-)

Cheaper to buy it...

I might have some room now, to do some wine and beer making.
    Fatman, Mistic Lady and emu like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF emergency contact : avf_contact_point@yahoo.com
    This email will auto-respond with the latest information if the AVF forum is no longer contactable.
    Send a test message now to make sure it's in your address book or sent messages.
    Received emails and addresses will be deleted the same day. Include the word "scream" in the subject if you want me to read your message. The Yahoo responder may only send 1 or 2 response messages per day.

AVF Regular
    Once you have done the ferment and distillation, the base you have is basically double strength whiskey, without the tannins, smoothness and complexity that it will pick up from it's barrel, and additives over time. It is Crystal clear, sharp and clean on the palette. I don't mind it at all, but a little will knock your socks off.

You cannot legally call it whiskey until it has been oaked for at least 18 months. But as you would be an unlicensed bootlegger, call it what you want. Pulled hairy-berry tincture, has a certain ring to it.

sent from my masticated yam
    Fatman, 1ynne, Mistic Lady and 1 others like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    not my yard, not my feather puppers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD3zpo-G4SU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fl9VRIagwE

the rainbow lories are common here, but haven't seen a kakarika since i left canberra
    Fatman likes this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    LOL. Do you have 12 years?

In keeping with the previous instructions:

Cheaper to buy it...

I might have some room now, to do some wine and beer making.
    Oops, I forgot a step:

Sparge...Ferment...Distill...Oak Barrels...12 years...Single Malt... :-)

Sparging gets the malt out of the grains and into solution.
    DogMan, Mistic Lady and rockmoose like this.

This email will auto-respond with the latest information if the AVF forum is no longer contactable.
    Send a test message now to make sure it's in your address book or sent messages.
    Received emails and addresses will be deleted the same day. Include the word "scream" in the subject if you want me to read your message. The Yahoo responder may only send 1 or 2 response messages per day.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Once you have done the ferment and distillation, the base you have is basically double strength whiskey, without the tannins, smoothness and complexity that it will pick up from it's barrel, and additives over time. It is Crystal clear, sharp and clean on the palette. I don't mind it at all, but a little will knock your socks off.

You cannot legally call it whiskey until it has been oaked for at least 18 months. But as you would be an unlicensed bootlegger, call it what you want. Pulled hairy-berry tincture, has a certain ring to it.

sent from my masticated yam
    The distillers will take some of what is remaining in the pot after distillation and add it back in (only a little). That's the colour and flavour in the first instance. It's Rum that get almost all of the colour and flavour from the molasses barrels that it's store in. Yum https://www.danmurphys.com.au/produc...-rum-red-700ml

All except for Bundaberg rum. That is mass produced and never sees a molasses barrel, I'm afraid...

Sorry, we now return you to our regular programme...

AVF Regular
    Whiskey or rum puppers?

Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    not my yard, not my feather puppers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD3zpo-G4SU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fl9VRIagwE

the rainbow lories are common here, but haven't seen a kakarika since i left canberra
    I reckon you would get a lot of escaped "once pet" flocks round your way ... seems that Casey, Cranbourne, Ferntree Gully and south is the hot spot for every man and his dog breeding common parrots (Ringnecks Kakariki's, Cockateils etc) Gumtree is full of them and they are all Named Ali, or Saad LOL!
    fabricator4, DogMan and emu like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    I reckon you would get a lot of escaped "once pet" flocks round your way ... seems that Casey, Cranbourne, Ferntree Gully and south is the hot spot for every man and his dog breeding common parrots (Ringnecks Kakariki's, Cockateils etc) Gumtree is full of them and they are all Named Ali, or Saad LOL!
    yeah, woolies has a new "lost pet" notice every week

just a pet peeve with lost notices: if your pet's name is geoerge, but you call him "boof" and that is what he responds to, don't write "answers to george" on the notice lol
    Fatman and emu like this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    yeah, woolies has a new "lost pet" notice every week

just a pet peeve with lost notices: if your pet's name is geoerge, but you call him "boof" and that is what he responds to, don't write "answers to george" on the notice lol
    Oh dear, this could get embarrassing... :-D
    Fatman likes this.

Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast