Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 63
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Need a box for not smart TV

  1. #1
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    W.A
    Posts
    3,036

    Need a box for not smart TV

    Need a box for free view SBS ABC2 etc
    Any one recommend something cheapest links etc
    All new to me im old schoolish


    Big shout out to AVF and Everyone that helped me on my Journey to quit the the Death Sticks

  2. #2
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,641
    shaneo likes this.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Central Vic,up near the Murray
    Posts
    17,897
    If you are with Telstra on a plan for phone and internet their Telstra TV is cheap ( Free! )
    Its included in some bundles , but if you arent a new customer you have to ask
    https://www.telstra.com.au/tv-movies...Fcdolgod8mUGNA

    Good Unit .. its a Roku box .. very plug and play , just hook into your wi-fi or LAN

    otherwise there is a myriad of stuff out there ....
    eg
    TV Boxes, Shop for Bang & Good Android & Windows TV Box Mini PC

    get a min 2gb ram 8-16gb rom ... good luck !

    Most Freeview stuff has androids apps , or if you know someone tech savvy you can get them to set it all up in Kodi ( inbuilt program )
    shaneo and Five Ten like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

    Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011


    AVF Rules , Read and understand them

  4. #4
    emu
    emu is offline
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    3,024
    Quote Originally Posted by shaneo View Post
    Need a box for free view SBS ABC2 etc
    Any one recommend something cheapest links etc
    All new to me im old schoolish
    Brand new one here, you can have it if ya want it, I'm going to town tomorrow so can post it first thing. You pay
    Fatman, Tara and shaneo like this.
    emu's pre-loved mowers.com

  5. #5
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    State of Insanity - NSW
    Posts
    929
    I finally figured out what freeview is only recently! Apparently I have access too it!
    I miss VCR's I knew how to program those to watch shows I want to see. I have this large Samsung ahem cough smart tv, but no clue how to use it!
    (sorry to hijack derail but you hit a nerve there!)
    4 hrs a day commuting to work makes for not much TV time and bad place to be quitting sticks!
    Hope you find what your after Shaneo
    gert, merexy and shaneo like this.
    One failed lab experiment away from obtaining superpowers

    https://media.tenor.co/images/860c5d...011a/tenor.gif

  6. #6
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    W.A
    Posts
    3,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    If you are with Telstra on a plan for phone and internet their Telstra TV is cheap ( Free! )
    Its included in some bundles , but if you arent a new customer you have to ask
    https://www.telstra.com.au/tv-movies...Fcdolgod8mUGNA

    Good Unit .. its a Roku box .. very plug and play , just hook into your wi-fi or LAN

    otherwise there is a myriad of stuff out there ....
    eg
    TV Boxes, Shop for Bang & Good Android & Windows TV Box Mini PC

    get a min 2gb ram 8-16gb rom ... good luck !

    Most Freeview stuff has androids apps , or if you know someone tech savvy you can get them to set it all up in Kodi ( inbuilt program )
    Thanks FM
    I was looking at these ?
    4K Android 5.1 Quad Core Smart TV BOX Media Player S905 Fully Loaded KODI XBMC | eBay
    gtadmin likes this.


    Big shout out to AVF and Everyone that helped me on my Journey to quit the the Death Sticks

  7. #7
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    W.A
    Posts
    3,036
    Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    Brand new one here, you can have it if ya want it, I'm going to town tomorrow so can post it first thing. You pay
    I like the sounds of the that
    PM the details emu if possible mate
    Fatman and emu like this.


    Big shout out to AVF and Everyone that helped me on my Journey to quit the the Death Sticks

  8. #8
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    W.A
    Posts
    3,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    I finally figured out what freeview is only recently! Apparently I have access too it!
    I miss VCR's I knew how to program those to watch shows I want to see. I have this large Samsung ahem cough smart tv, but no clue how to use it!
    (sorry to hijack derail but you hit a nerve there!)
    4 hrs a day commuting to work makes for not much TV time and bad place to be quitting sticks!
    Hope you find what your after Shaneo
    You must like driving mate
    Yep im the same mate im liking SBS f**K thats delicious funny shit
    Misses has netflix i find sbs abc2 better docos
    gert and Sully like this.


    Big shout out to AVF and Everyone that helped me on my Journey to quit the the Death Sticks

  9. #9
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Whyalla, SA
    Posts
    13,095
    Quote Originally Posted by shaneo View Post
    I have 2x of them, comes preloaded with quite a few "addons" (channels) and are quite good IMO. Mine are nicknamed "Fred"
    Fatman, shaneo and emu like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

  10. #10
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Central Vic,up near the Murray
    Posts
    17,897
    Quote Originally Posted by shaneo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    I have 2x of them, comes preloaded with quite a few "addons" (channels) and are quite good IMO. Mine are nicknamed "Fred"
    Apparently this comes with free GT after sales service !!!

    #Thumbsup !
    shaneo and emu like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

    Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011


    AVF Rules , Read and understand them

 

 
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 01:50 AM.