Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: GST and Goodbye to all off shore vape orders

AVF Regular

GST and Goodbye to all off shore vape orders

Ebay has already announced in the Sydney Morning Herald that it will block Aussie Shoppers from purchasing overseas. No overseas seller is bound by any international law to be a tax collector for the Australian government.
    Australia will be black banned by international sellers unless you buy $1k worth of goods or more. So much for free trade agreements the little person is being screwed yet again by those c.....ts of the Lib coalition.

Well folks unless you place an order with your favourite O/S supplier in excess of $1k you are not going to get your order as neither HiLiq, FastTech, Gearbest,HealthCabin or Mollinshop, are going to be tax collectors for the Au Govt. Nor should they be. Vape shops be they on line or B&M will also suffer the same. We can thank Harvey Norman chain for this and I for one will never shop at a Harvey Norman Store ever again. I give Harvey Norman the one finger salute. Scott Morison you can go and F.... yourself. I have never voted for the Libs and this latest B.S. has certainly stopped the remainder of my family who were swinging voters from ever considering the Libs ever again. One member of my family shops on Ebay quite a lot and is really and truly peeved.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Noe likes this.

AVF Regular
    Yay for Mr Harvey..NOT!!

I feel like we are slowly becoming a Communist state (Country). Sometimes I wonder if I should cross the ditch to NZ...

AVF Regular
    It's got nothing to do with Ebay so I don't see why they would think it's a good idea to put their oar in. Most countries have import duties that need to be collected, we've had a free ride up to now is all.

Haven't Austpost said they will collect the GST if it's not flagged as paid? Courier companies already have systems in place (plus a processing fee, probably).

Yes I'm a bit bummed about it myself, especially for things that are not available in Australia like nicotine and some mods. I don't think they'll collect enough GST to cover the administration costs. Australian companies may benefit to some extent from this, and I don't have a problem with that part of it.

It is what it is, I think Fleabay are just trying some scare tactics. Ultimately it will be business as usual.

ETA: Oh I see. Ebay will be forced to put GST collection in checkout. That's not practical. It will need to be done at point of entry (Austpost etc). They'll either get it to work, or it will all fall over and be impossible to administer. By this time next year they may be talking about re-introducing the tax free threshold again.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 19-04-17 at 11:46 AM.
    chris_vaper likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Anything to avoid the real estate bubble from bursting....

Desperate measures.
    chris_vaper, iamtezr and Yuz like this.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_vaper View Post
    Yay for Mr Harvey..NOT!!

I feel like we are slowly becoming a Communist state (Country). Sometimes I wonder if I should cross the ditch to NZ...
    I think you are confusion Communism with totalitarianism. And these kinds of moves are more akin to Fascism. They are all similar though.
    merexy, 1ynne and flyingfox12 like this.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

AVF Regular
    Yay for Mr Harvey..NOT!!
    The store that charges up to 30% over the manufacturers RRP

The store that consistently uses false ads on tv and radio and gets away with it by telling you this is a franchise and not obligated to follow the ads of other franchises within the HN group.

GO (to another store) HARVEY!
    chris_vaper and flyingfox12 like this.

AVF Regular
    OK thanks for the clarification.

As much as I don't like the GST the way it was implemented by the former Howard Government was very good with the $1000 threshold on imports. The reason back then is the cost to collect the tax would be greater than the revenue raised.
    flyingfox12 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    It's got nothing to do with Ebay so I don't see why they would think it's a good idea to put their oar in. Most countries have import duties that need to be collected, we've had a free ride up to now is all.

Haven't Austpost said they will collect the GST if it's not flagged as paid? Courier companies already have systems in place (plus a processing fee, probably).

Yes I'm a bit bummed about it myself, especially for things that are not available in Australia like nicotine and some mods. I don't think they'll collect enough GST to cover the administration costs. Australian companies may benefit to some extent from this, and I don't have a problem with that part of it.

It is what it is, I think Fleabay are just trying some scare tactics. Ultimately it will be business as usual.

ETA: Oh I see. Ebay will be forced to put GST collection in checkout. That's not practical. It will need to be done at point of entry (Austpost etc). They'll either get it to work, or it will all fall over and be impossible to administer. By this time next year they may be talking about re-introducing the tax free threshold again.
    I likewise heard that the GST will be payable at this end. DHL have this already in place, I also heard that Au Post will be the collectors. i.e. If you have an order from O.S. they will card the parcel and you go to the LPO and pay. F.....d if I know but it is a worry until these beurocrat b......ds tell us how we are to do it. I do not mind paying GST but wtf demanding overseas companies pay it is total B.S.

AVF Regular
    OK thanks for the clarification.

As much as I don't like the GST the way it was implemented by the former Howard Government was very good with the $1000 threshold on imports. The reason back then is the cost to collect the tax would be greater than the revenue raised.
    Spot on Chris, and I can just see the parcels piling up at Post Offices etc and people that work business hours and on Saturdays as well are going to have one hell of a hassle. Howard was an A hole and Turnbull and his treasurer are bigger A holes.
    ybnice likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast