Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By saph
  • 1 Post By DogMan
  • 6 Post By rebelagainstthemachine

Thread: cant teach the ignorent

AVF Regular

cant teach the ignorent

vapes came up in training today and well cant teach those that dont listen one of the people in my class tried to defend the harm side of it and well i tried to show positives maybe showing what goes in might help
    If you know it. Help someone
    If you dont know it. Ask

On land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own.

AVF Regular
    it doesn't really matter what they think

people call me fat, smelly, among other things

sticks and stones...
    Fatman likes this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    I think it was doggie that said it in the other thread - you cant convert people

But that being said - I found that sometimes if you plant a seed - their curiosity might take over in ways you might not expect

Alot of peoples ideas about vaping comes from the mass misinformation campaign that has stemmed from ANTZ - sometimes (aside from a mass media public campaign ) what is effective is just you being you and doing what you do

Something also that I have realised is that when you mention risk and things like cancer or dylactle or smoking or other key words like this (even in a positive context) - people tune out automatically without listening to anything else - those kinds of words a re so ingrained in us to cause fear that even if the risk is super low in relation to smoking - people become fearful and just shut down

But in my industry at least - there is a surprising change happening on the lower levels without me doing anything - people are quietly turning to vaping if not only out of curiosity - enough that I am wondering if we wont see a change in my own industry policy in relation to vaping at some stage down the track- The workers they are converting and telling each other - Which has been surprising and may at some stage have a major impact on the way some things are done

Just be you and do what you do - the rest will follow - no point giving yourself a headache over this - This forum is testament to that - without trying and just providing info when needed - people try or convert to vaping all the time thanks to people like you just being you

Quote Originally Posted by saph View Post
    vapes came up in training today and well cant teach those that dont listen one of the people in my class tried to defend the harm side of it and well i tried to show positives maybe showing what goes in might help
    gtadmin, Fatman, Wombats1 and 3 others like this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    yea trust me i think i may have planted the seed for a few tho i know one person who cant use it (unless these ceramic coils are fully ceramic) because of her being allergic to metal but eh they will change
    If you know it. Help someone
    If you dont know it. Ask

On land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own.

AVF Regular
    No you really can't educated the ignorant they will try and shoot you down every chance they can.
    With what I do and vaping being quite popular in NZ I still get it every now and then.
    Best you can do is hold your head up high you tried to help and its their loss for not listening.
    Its the mindless sheep attitude.
    Brainwashed by what they see on TV or read in the news because really the news is never wrong..
    You did good for having your say.
    Most people won't because they will feel judged or ostracised.

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    They say "the best way to convince a fool, is to let him have his way".
    Unfortunately in this case, people will die.

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid