Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Shout out to Tassie folks....

AVF Regular

Shout out to Tassie folks....

Hey all.. just wanted to ask any Hobart or surrounding local folk if there's any recommendations regarding good old wholesome watering holes that would be worth visiting while on hols for a few days down there. Criteria would be a big fireplace, good brews on tap, steak n kidney pies and some foot tapping sounds.
    We'll have a vehicle and will be staying on some big pier in Hobart and will be in early Sept.
    We're a bit stumped with google as everything is a bit over amped so if anyone reads this who's a local and can help would be well appreciated.

Cheers

AVF Regular
    Kettering south tassie / northern Antarctica
    Quote Originally Posted by Stomp View Post
    Hey all.. just wanted to ask any Hobart or surrounding local folk if there's any recommendations regarding good old wholesome watering holes that would be worth visiting while on hols for a few days down there. Criteria would be a big fireplace, good brews on tap, steak n kidney pies and some foot tapping sounds.
    We'll have a vehicle and will be staying on some big pier in Hobart and will be in early Sept.
    We're a bit stumped with google as everything is a bit over amped so if anyone reads this who's a local and can help would be well appreciated.

Cheers
    It all depends on what your into i know a few good watering hole but mite be on the louder wilder side haha
    Stomp likes this.
    funny gifs

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DAWZZY View Post
    It all depends on what your into i know a few good watering hole but mite be on the louder wilder side haha
    Don't hold out man. ... let me know

AVF Regular
    I heard Mr G's place is good for hooch and pie. Not sure about the foot tapping. Folded arms and tapping of the foots maybe...
    Fatman, merexy and rockmoose like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    For causal beers vic tav, iris murfys centro hotel night life syrip, vic tav latter on them from there theres another one west from vic tav past pizza joint but carnt think of there new name used to be kurlys
    Fatman likes this.
    funny gifs

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    I heard Mr G's place is good for hooch and pie. Not sure about the foot tapping. Folded arms and tapping of the foots maybe...
    Gotta watch them west coasters they'll take your soal to much rain makes em crazy
    gert, Stomp, Fatman and 1 others like this.
    funny gifs

AVF Regular
    Gonna take a look at Larks distillery but other than that, nothin planned. Someone said there's great walking tracks to check out, I said "Yeah, Righto"... do we have to dust off the beanies or what? Get a bit soft up here with the warm weather
    DAWZZY likes this.

Super Moderator
    Vic Tavern gets a thumbs up !
    They even do a pub walking tour these days
    Old Hobart Pub Tour - Hobart Historic Tours - Guided Tours*

Cascade hotel in South Hobart is a great feed without pillaging the wallet too much
    Last edited by Fatman; 24-06-17 at 11:35 PM.
    DAWZZY, Stomp and merexy like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Super Moderator
    Oh and "Dusting out the beanies" wont count for nuffin in Tassie at night lol ... Sept isnt too bad tho , but pack warm man .. your Qld bones wont know what hit ya
    DAWZZY and Stomp like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    If you spend anytime in the north, north west I'm all up for being nicely hosty* for you.

*Not in a coffee tea or me kinda way, the gracious food, beverages and a spot to sleep by the fire kinda way. Possibly even showing you around the natural beauty and or night life**
    **Only night life around here is the wallabies and/or self made fun.
    Stomp, Fatman, rockmoose and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast