Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: A big thanks to all those who checked in over the many months i was ill

AVF Regular

A big thanks to all those who checked in over the many months i was ill

So thought no better time than my birthday, and having been feeling better for the past 2.5 weeks, and feeling optimistic im getting better, i just wanted to say literally that, thanks to all those who checked in in some way, via PM, email, txt over the first 6 months of this year when i was sick. The short version is i had some sort of seizure on Jan 5, collapsed in the shower and somehow managed to get myself up the road to hospital, where they kept me in for 1 night. From then on was stuck with crippling dizziness, vertigo, tinnitus, left side weakness, spinal pain, blurred vision and an inability to eat - had to force feed myself for 3-4 months, which meant i spent most of this year on my back and unable to get more than a block or two from home - luckily both the hospital (although useless/downright dismissive) and my gp are within 2 blocks. Had every test known to mankind (before you ask what tests iove had done, and have they checked for this...i have a library of films and test results here at home) and put on different antibiotics, and then different anthrax level antibiotics, and then a 3 month course of those same antibiotics, which ran out yesterday..and im hoping things do not revert as they did when i came off the short course of them around Bingo time...also had a bonus round of having a few precancerous polyps removed along the way.

I really want to say thanks to all that checked in and made it possible for me to get this far into the year, because at times it was quite grim. Im optimistic given that the last 2 and half weeks have been the first all year that i havent had any dizziness and ive been out and about and feeling a little like my old self, that im finally recovering. Im also not shocking anyone i know with my appearance after appearing like id come out of changi for most of the year, begin able to eat again for the past month has whacked some weight back on and even my face looks less hollowed out...ideal for halloween only. I do not recommend the seizure, followed by whatever this was, diet.

Special mention for Ducky, who really went above and beyond for someone where we only know each other over the interwebs, not only checking in regularly - sometimes many times a day, but doing detective work off her own bat on her own time to try and help narrow down what it might be when the hospital basically told me it was all in my head (never put down a mental illness on a hospital form is my advice, you stand a good chance of ending up with a nurse patting you on the hand like a 3 year old and telling you youre imagining it before showing you the door, no that really happened). During the grimmest weeks when i struggled to eat, and considered alternatives it really helped.

Special mention also to the FatMan, once a long time ago we were very much at odds with each other, i thank you for the support given in private as well. Thanks to the disley for keeping me company via sms on and off for sometimes 6 hours i was stuck in the waiting room times about 5 visits, all of them ultimately leading nowhere, and thanks to Cat, 1ynne, btobw, Laurie and even mallee (no i hadnt eloped with anyone when i went missing for those early months, assclown) who either checked in via PM or email or noticed when i was online on those random times and sent me a message to say hi. Those were the few people who were somewhat in the know to soem degree or another, but thanks to the many more unnamed and too many to list without missing someone out who checked in just because i hadnt been seen for a while...welfare check style. It made me feel less like i might be found only by neighbours when they noticed an odd smell only to find cats had eaten my face

Ive been through some stuff, but that nearly got me. Fingers crossed its all up hill now.

Cheers
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 15-07-17 at 10:51 PM.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 14/08/17

AVF Regular
    Tl. Dnr. .

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Glad you're getting better, style - and a very happy birthday!
    stylemessiah likes this.

StudioVape/PC Wood mods/Custom Classic/VR Wood Mods/TMod/Reo/Svapiamo/Floris Little Orca squonkers; Axiom hybrid; GP PAPS-X SS and Lux;PAPS Lux; GP Piccolo; Microstick; Gizmo; DRIFT M22; bOd Mecha
    Origen Little/Hadaly/Pulse22/Manta/Stumpy/Nectar/Derringer, Herons, Spheroids, Eviva, Sophias/SnP, MiniAtty, KFL+, Dripper Pro

AVF Regular
    Happy birthday to you both. (Did crispin share his happy meal) LOL
    Fatman, stylemessiah and 1ynne like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Glad to have you back Style.
    It's all fun times ahead for you now
    And Happy birthday!!
    stylemessiah and 1ynne like this.

AVF Regular
    Great to have you back style! The place just ain't the same without you. Happy Birthday to the both of you, and I hope the rest of the year pans out better......
    stylemessiah and 1ynne like this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    Glad you're getting better, style - and a very happy birthday!
    Believe it or not, but I concur with these sentiments
    giruvian, Fatman, btobw and 3 others like this.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. - Benjamin Franklin
    Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right ...

Please read these rules

Read about signatures too

There isn't enough room to list my gear

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Happy birthday to you both. (Did crispin share his happy meal) LOL
    I'm sure Crispin shared his Happy Meal, and later chowed down on style's pineapple......

AVF Regular
    Did 1ynne's Birthday pressie arrive yet?
    1ynne likes this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    Cheers all,

I wont lie to you, i think the bears a veggo, because i had to eat his burger

That caramel sundae topped things off nicely though, havent had any of that gear in years...

I should add to my above OP sorry for ruining pineapples for everyone...it was to the bin within moments of that pic Laurie...really i should have sent Chimpy a fruit basket with that in it...and followed it up with a link to the pic a week later

The highlight of the day for me really was the absolute "you would not believe it" timing of that bloody seagull, landing on the sand to commence a staring contest with the bear just as i snapped the picture, i thought this is going to go down well later...at least there were no seagulls (or as we call them, Bondi Rats) inside Macca's which is known to happen
    1ynne likes this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 14/08/17

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast