Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: Central Victorian greet, meet, eat & bleet.

AVF Regular

Question Central Victorian greet, meet, eat & bleet.

Noticing an influx of N/E Victorians I thought of all those of us AVFers that can and would like to meet up at a place yet to be determined at a date to yet be determined for a barbieQ. Yack and a sharing of all things in Vapery knowledge. And maybe a laugh or two. All Victorians & Interstaters would also be most welcome! Please don't think of me as the organiser, just the originator of the idea. I reckon collaboratively, we could make this happen. Thoughts? I'm from Benalla. Be an idea if we could get an idea of the location of any one interested as to knock off their video....er....that came out dinnit ? So we could come up with a reasonable compromise as to where to have it. Input please.
    Last edited by DocM; 30-08-17 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Reposted elsewhere
    iamtezr and JakeFloyd like this.
    Now with the eloquence and disposition of Porky Pig

Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

AVF Regular
    Gotta be on FM's houseboat. He can pick me and mallee up from Goolwa, and head back up the Murray.
    DocM likes this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Gotta be on FM's houseboat. He can pick me and mallee up from Goolwa, and head back up the Murray.
    well mallee should be easy to spot in Goolwa

fabricator4 and DocM like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 14/08/17

AVF Regular
    Hmm... Tooborac Hotel and Brewery? Bendigo at the Golden Vine Hotel or Handle Bar Beer Garden or even Goldmines Hotel? I know two of the owner/managers of those places if you want me to get in contact?

The issue we have is that in Victoria there are laws with regards to serving of food/eating food and smoking/vaping in the same area (we just can't do it). However the beer gardens at the places in Bendigo are quite nice and good for things like that and can be booked out for functions. Good beer on tap and good food too.

If it's just a BBQ and stuff, there's a few places around out of the way we could try.. parks etc. I can ask a few breweries if they'd willing to put up a few cases of beer maybe (or I'll buy some).
    Last edited by gurishka; 18-08-17 at 11:50 PM.
    DocM and iamtezr like this.

AVF Regular
    Good starting point Gurishka. I know of a few AVFers around north central Vic so it may be wise to wait for some other interested parties to get a wider view. Perhaps Melbournians up for shenanigans.
    gurishka likes this.

AVF Regular
    Perhaps some inclusion of local vendors be the go too?
    gurishka likes this.

AVF Regular
    Hmm... there's only one real vendor in the Central Vic area. Victory Vape are in Daylesford and may be up for it. Of course we could head up to Beechworth and there's a few nice places there. You've also got Bridge Road Brewery too.. lovely drop of ale.
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    If I can make it there, I'll bring up my coiling stuff and do some builds there. Could be some fun.
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    Beechworth is rather nice, long way for others to go though, but, it's in its infancy yet. There's a mob in Albury too. If there's enough interest who knows?
    Moose and Style, you'd be more than welcome too I reckon.
    Last edited by DocM; 19-08-17 at 12:49 AM.

AVF Regular
    Well I grew up in the N/E so I know it well. However I think you could try get a bulk discount for a caravan park for the guys or something. Or else looking at the drive times from these areas to somewhere Central will be anywhere from an hour to 3 1/2 hours... That's to Bendigo anyway. If we did this over the course of a weekend.. Friday and Saturday and leave Sunday it would give us some time to break down the awkwardness barriers and the tiredness barriers we get from driving (I know at the moment I get tired on the roads a bit). Or find a long weekend that might work for us. However Grand Final weekend is out for me.
    DocM and staceman101 like this.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast