Page 106 of 120 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1199
Like Tree2077Likes

Thread: Random chat

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Lol thats houseys computer ^^ Spent about 2k on the dammed thing not long ago - bc dodo went down statewide recently and then actually denied that our internet went down with it - I switched providers to the happiness of housey

Went for a nice package through Aussie broadband and they suggested down grading because the internet in our area is generally considered rubbish and slow - Housey was a sad panda

On the upside tho NBN has not been a tonne different from ADSL and overall has generally been cheaper - NBN costing me now $60 vs the $99 I was paying for ADSL

Still the internet is affected by weather conditions - but prefer what I am atm paying

Dont know if its much help Dis but after my experience i would ask first your provider about how NBN performs in your area generally before forking out for a new modem

If your area is like ours where the internet is generally slower and more buggy i wouldnt bother with a u beaut modem - but rather just get the one in the package deal

The ones in package deals will do it all for you automatically too so no need for help there - if you want to upgrade modems you can do it later

This NBN thing is really a big joke
    I contacted optus and asked to go on the $60 internet package, she said ok.
    So I asked why I've been paying +$90?
    She couldn't or wouldn't answer that one.

AVF Regular
    cant stay yet bc of real life- but this was pretty random by the dept of roads and transport QLD

https://www.reddit.com/r/australia/c...ef_source=link
    disley, Tara and 1ynne like this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    They're just gettin' too cocky.
    Sanity aint what it is cracked up to be, or not to be.

Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers old guard!
    Heaps of stuff in high rotation

AVF Regular
    Thats funny. I remember walking through the Perth train station and I looked up to see this crow on the camera box trying to stuff
    what looked like an old squashed bread roll into the small gap on top of it. He was looking into the camera upside down (like that
    cocky). I had a bit of a chuckle to myself picturing what it would have looked like from the camera operators end

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Lol thats houseys computer ^^ Spent about 2k on the dammed thing not long ago - bc dodo went down statewide recently and then actually denied that our internet went down with it - I switched providers to the happiness of housey

Went for a nice package through Aussie broadband and they suggested down grading because the internet in our area is generally considered rubbish and slow - Housey was a sad panda

On the upside tho NBN has not been a tonne different from ADSL and overall has generally been cheaper - NBN costing me now $60 vs the $99 I was paying for ADSL

Still the internet is affected by weather conditions - but prefer what I am atm paying

Dont know if its much help Dis but after my experience i would ask first your provider about how NBN performs in your area generally before forking out for a new modem

If your area is like ours where the internet is generally slower and more buggy i wouldnt bother with a u beaut modem - but rather just get the one in the package deal

The ones in package deals will do it all for you automatically too so no need for help there - if you want to upgrade modems you can do it later

This NBN thing is really a big joke
    Aussie BB are really good and have built out their own backhaul network. I was with Skymesh originally and they were really crap.

Getting a nice solid, stable 50/25 out of Aussie BB FTTN in a country town a fair ways from the node.

Not all NBN's are equal.

AVF Regular
    Been with ABB for 2 years and they are exceptional! They rang me to tell me something was wrong and told me how to help them give me a better service! Pity they aint competitive with mobiles.
    What telco does that?
    NBN is here at the end of this month FTTC, I checked all the other isps and with ABB, landline included with free calls to mobs and LLs saves me $40 pm from the lousy adsl I have now. Paying $75 pm now.......laughing! Helstra and Iinet were terribly $$$$$ and pay for calls too........
    Whirlpool and BB Choice, in their day, were good.

AVF Regular
    Was reading on how woolworths will no longer sell plastic straws (locally they will no longer have plastic bags - now there's a funny lie cause the reusable wont stock up like the disposable ones right?) and coles will no longer put bananas in plastic- and someone mentioned Tuckerbag-

I remember Tuckerbag- Its a name I havent heard since the continents parted from eachother - few others I remembered too but hadn't thought about in centuries

What ever happened to these iconic Aussie stores?

https://www.realcommercial.com.au/ne...-aussie-stores

Lol Helstra!
    DocM likes this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    I hope you're doing OK with that storm front, emu. It's certainly causing some carnage.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    DocM, 1ynne and emu like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    I hope you're doing OK with that storm front, emu. It's certainly causing some carnage.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I second that statement. Hope you & yours are safe.
    emu likes this.

AVF Regular
    Hope all our WA Avfers are taking care and staying safe.. watch out for flying lawn mowers !

WA storm cuts power, hits homes and washes yachts ashore as big cold front looms near Perth - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
    DocM and rockmoose like this.

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.