Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Random chat

emu
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LNB View Post
    Your right big fella, can't out run those but I've got a very comfortable touring pace of 160 fully loaded on the DL1000, just gotta keep an eye out for the highway patrol...
    And the roo's
    Fatman likes this.

LNB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    And the roo's
    Ohhh yeah those c*nts...first ever long ride i did on my yamaha tenere loaded up going along the putty rd (great motorcycle road in nsw) at 6am doing 120 and i see a tiny baby roo eating grass on the edge of the road, talk about arse clenching...i seen four on that ride, put the fear of god into me to say the least...now i leave much later, ride at a higher pace and not seen a roo since, well not a live one, plenty of dead ones on the side of the road..
    Fatman, Danny76 and emu like this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    They big in no mans land mate, some could stop a truck I reckon. Bloody long way even with a caravan and fully stocked fridge, be an awesome trip on a bike but you'd need a few bikes and mates to make sure ya got here and don't end up as wedgetail food hahaha.
    There's one part of the highway that's dead straight for near on 1000 km's and man it's boring, I love it out there no mobile signal or even radio stations just endless road wide open space and f*ck all people. There's no other place like it that gives ya that feeling of one on one with nature and freedom, if ya get off the beaten track there's all sorts of things to see and do like whale watching on the bite or exploring caves underground and inland blowholes that no one knows where the air comes from. Most stay on the highway and too scared to venture but that's where the fun is and 99% of folks miss all of it.
    I could be a guide from port Augusta to Norseman, I know all the best camping spots and a few of the locals here and there, Australia is such a great land mate and so many never get to see it.
    Fatman likes this.

AVF Regular
    im not allowed back in WA, unless i get permission first.
    As much as i love y'all bribing my brother again is a pain in the ass
    Fatman and emu like this.

Super Moderator
    I have been witness to two roo vs bike incidents and been a party to one of the greatest escapes/near misses ever witnessed.

The first one was fricking hilarious ... bunch of us were coming home from the Boggy Creek Rally down in SW Vic in the early 80's ... we took the bush road between Paaratte and Simpson, I was riding behind me old Mate Rusty who was battling his trusty Yammy XS1100 with DJP sidecar... his missus was snuggled into the chair under a blankie nursing the A-grade hangover we all had , but doing it in style...Rusty hoots round a corner at about 80 kph and there's this wallaby minding his own business in the middle of the track ... the sidecar clipped him mid jump as he leapt for his life ... he spun straight up and landed fair in poor Barbs lap... totally uninjured... but rather indignant and determined to pummel her into submission before leaping out ... we pulled up sharpish and Barb was most unimpressed with both Rusty and me pissing ourselves barely able to stay on our feet with laughter

The second one invloves I think the most AWESOME bit of riding I have ever seen ... it was again in the 80's and a great mate of mine from Bendigo and I decided to compete in the Kidney Kaper ... a Variety Bash type event 4,500 kays in 7 days thru three states all secondary roads or offroad... Robbie and I bought Rusty's sidecar to do it in .. everyone thought we were mad ... on the second last day we had the last long leg before the overnight and relatively easy cruise into melb for the big finish ... Over 700 kays, doesn't sound like much , but believe me after nearly week on the road, not much sleep and waaaaaaaaaaay too much partying every night it was a massive haul lol ... anyhow out the back of Horsham Rob was riding and I was navigating from the chair, our new great mates Blue and Karen from Springwood up in the Blue Mountains were traveling with us ...we were leading the pack by a decent margin and were set to take out the event... anyway I saw this big red bastidge hooting in from the side so Rob knocked her down a cog and floored it ... we missed it, but it crossed the road directly behind us ... Blue and Karen were on a fully tricked out BMW R1100GS and were towing a custom offroad trailer behind it ( our mobile esky LOL ) They collected the roo dead centre front on at well over 120kph !!! It took out the headlight , fairing, smashed the bar back, and put the Beemer into the biggest tank slapper I had ever seen ... Blue somehow fought it off and controlled one of the heaviest top-heavy offroad bikes in the business all while it was being shunted by a couple of hundred kilos in the trailer ... I swear I could feel the heat coming off the sinews in his tendons while he fought that bastidge!!!

The roo wasn't killed outright and sadly we had to finish it off with a few thumps from a 15 inch shifter

The back up crew and trucks arrived about 30 mins later going the other way while we were still wiping the poo out of our leathers ... they were on the way to pick up another bike whose rider had had enough and wussed out ( lol ) so we waved him on saying we would be ok and would straighten out Blues bike as we were sure it was rideable... so with a bit of belting, rewiring, and swearing we set off .. only to find out 2 hours later that the impact had actually broken the wiring in his stator and his battery couldn't charge ... by this time it was dark , we were overdue and Blue kept waving us off trying to convince us our victory was in jeopardy ... bugger that .. you don't leave mates ! So for 200 kays , in light clothing at night in winter, we rode for 20 kays with a single bike and headlight... then stopped , pulled the battery out of the Beemer crammed in our Yammy battery ... push started the Yammy , drove another 20 kays swapped batteries again and repeated 10 or 15 times !! ... We entered the last checkpoint completely knackered at 3 am , frozen to the core ... but we got there!!!
    And Yes we won ( told ya we had a good lead )
    Last edited by Fatman; 04-12-17 at 02:19 AM.
    MrGruffy, LNB, Hoofprint and 2 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post

The roo wasn't killed outright and sadly we had to finish it off with a few thumps from a 15 inch shifter

Shush not so loud, its against the law to do that in eastern states.

What you meant to say was "The roo didn't look good so i lovingly picked it up and took it to the closest vet paid thousands in vet bills then released it back into the wild"
    Fatman, act180 and emu like this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    Shush not so loud, its against the law to do that in eastern states.

What you meant to say was "The roo didn't look good so i lovingly picked it up and took it to the closest vet paid thousands in vet bills then released it back into the wild"
    It was in the 80's in the middle of bloody nowhere had a broken back and hind leg and was snorting blood ... sometimes cruel to be kind works
    Hoofprint and emu like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    It was in the 80's in the middle of bloody nowhere had a broken back and hind leg and was snorting blood ... sometimes cruel to be kind works
    In WA they would of said good job, hell if it was cull season they would of paid you.
    This side though, twice with a car is an accident anything else is considered cruelty..... i know the logic escapes me as well
    Fatman and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    Pussys, over here we eat the evidence
    gtadmin, Fatman and emu like this.
    Im going to create a disturbance in your mind.............Billy Thorpe

AVF Regular
    G/F & I took a wrong turn heading to the snow one weekend in the 80's, some 'angel' had turned a roadsign around. A Kwaka 900 tore passed me in the XY GS before a winding road down the side of the wrong hill. I could see him up the way nearly scraping the axle nuts on the corners before a straight downhill, until a wombat took him out. When we got to him, yuck. In the distance down the wrong valley I saw Yallourn power station stacks. We managed to get him in the back of the Falcon when he drifted out of consciousness. Bones, blood, gravel & road rash and a bike that was some way down the side of the hill. Got him to the Moe hospital then gf & I went to the pub for the night. The worst drive to a hospital I've known. Didn't see the snow that day and he was lucky we didn't. Plenty of Kahlua for the gf and Tequila downed by me.
    Fatman, Danny76 and emu like this.
    I asked my Mum one day "Where do babies come from?" She said "A dog bite son." I found out later, I had a Cynophobic childhood. She thought I'd said Rabies.

Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast