Page 111 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1199
Like Tree2077Likes

Thread: Random chat

emu
    AVF Regular
    Tried SA for 5 years, not bad in winter but the summers were a killer. If you like vast wide open spaces and extreme heat and flies then SA is for you, To much crime in Perth and heat and flies but pretty place, Southern WA is the go, Esperance is awesome and there's work there if you want it. More job prospects in Albany tho especially in the aged care sector, 70% of Albany residents are oldies. Best scenery is to be had in the bottom south areas of WA, very big trees and beautiful beaches everywhere, climate is spot on too. Not to hot in summer but rather cool at times in winter.
    WA is a mysterious place and no end to discovering beautiful areas, of course I'm bias but I have tried Qld, NSW SA and WA, WA wins hands down in my opinion, we come over in a caravan and started from scratch and we were set up really well in the first 18 months.

AVF Regular
    Isn't this a great country?
    emu likes this.
    Sanity aint what it is cracked up to be, or not to be.

Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers old guard!
    Heaps of stuff in high rotation

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Depends on what industry you would like to delve into reb. SA, despite all the heckling really is a pretty cool place to live (and I've live in Vic, NSW and FNQ). We apparently have the worst unemployment rate in the country, yet there still seem to be lots of jobs, particularly if you are not hoping for a start in the car making industry! Why not do admin and cellar door for a winery, and only accept payment in product?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Stay out of Victor Harbor, don't want the property values dropping.
    Im going to create a disturbance in your mind.............Billy Thorpe

AVF Regular
    Strewth! There are times where you wish I hadn't mentioned Victor Harbour, that is one of them......I forgot about the Prince of Protanks being there infesting the otherwise bewdy of a spot.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DocM View Post
    Strewth! There are times where you wish I hadn't mentioned Victor Harbour, that is one of them......I forgot about the Prince of Protanks being there infesting the otherwise bewdy of a spot.
    Did u buy a vowel, Doc?

Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    Haha mallee !

Funny story about that actually - lol some of my current neighbors had the same thought for a long time ... and I had been told the same thing about here a few times

You see the daughters a heavily abused and abusive junkie with hard core mental health issues - and the tween i am looking after is her daughter ....

The hell her daughter and I (and her Aunt) have been through since I gained custody and is beyond words and now spans 11 years since her birth and living in this town

It includes a schizophrenic stalker who the police until recently refused to touch because "he is harmless' despite pulling the midget and I many times in the local shopping center to shout insults (Despite only speaking to him once when I first moved here - he is furious bc I am a baby stealer and he has lost his own kids for abusing them and their mother) He is one of the reasons I will never be able to apply for a few jobs in this area - he just wont leave us alone - Did talk to social workers and others but came to conclusion that and AVO would make things worse

Junkies trying to black mail me for daughters drug debts or revenge and the police not doing anything

The midget cannot go to the local school and actually has to go to school out of town bc the local school was until this year based right in the center of town ... Why doe s this matter? Bc there have been times, crazy above guy aside - some of her mothers friends have approached her and grabbed her demanding to know if if she was ...... daughter or she has had grown adults sticking their middle finger up at her

Over all we have had our bin smashed up by random people screaming baby stealer or dog- have had random young adult males just go into our backyard as an intimidation thing- we cant walk anywhere - we have to drive

One of the ones we think was baby daddy moved in directly across the road and would just sit there menacingly like what are you going to do about it? There is next to no support for families - so I went alone to face hiom and a judge to get a restraining order (I was absolutely terrified) so that midgets mum would have a safer place to stay and to keep midget safe - The judge ruled that he can stay in that house accross the road but he had to stay only 5 meters away from where i live -

Do you have any idea what it is like hearing screaming and bashing accross the road knowing that your daughter is involved - that you have her midget and ther is nothing you can do about it and nowhere to turn? That feeling that despite everything there is a person you care about who may end up dead and you or the midget or the aunt may be next?

Oh but there is alot more in all of this and I am exhausted - guns, stabbings, vodka bottles, apologetic police (lol some for even their own corruption) and apologetic psychologists and lousy midwives and bad social workers who have made things worse

Recently (over the last couple of years) things have mostly quietened - but midget was a couple of weeks ago grabbed by a random stranger saying she should be with her mother (even tho he mother is still a hard core junky that is often covered in bruises talking about drugs on her social media)

Midget is getting older - and has been very protected but she is getting older and so am I - and she needs more freedom - like being able to go by herself to a friends place or even the local milk bar(Jesus even friends are a luxury for her - her mother and those she hangs around are so feared locally and I dont fit in to either the nice people or the slum people group)

I need to work in what I am trained for and have experience in rather than the hodge podge I have been forced to take over time

Ohh and there is so much more ... so very much more like skirting the law and getting debt to make sure she is safe or lying about your home circumstances to ensure safety but draw wrath of others for it ... and more - but I stand by the things I have done for better or worse

Oh and midgets not good enough for help autism .. and the in the mniddle of this trrying to care for a crazy mother until she died

So yep I think you have a right to be worried about property values

But it is overdue and time to move on - dont know if child protection will like it - but I do think they will agree

Lol ... Perhaps if we were to end up there - I could give a heads up so you can sell ahead of time

Oh well back to my game - and thanks for the advice

Take care

Quote Originally Posted by mallee00 View Post
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 10-06-18 at 03:59 PM.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    That is me put in my place. I apologise Reb if my post appeared to trivialise your situation. I had NFI.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Did u buy a vowel, Doc?

Trowel yes.....

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mallee00 View Post
    pffft.. Mr Mallee .. pfft.. c'mon admit it .. you ARE a fake ..those of us who pay attention recognise... stuff... the " I am a tough nut who hates Victorians".. well... maybe you can keep that up on Via.. but here..? nahhhh ... we know you're a generous sod who makes bad jokes no .. you do not waste words.. but you.. are recognised as OK .. so suck it up sunshine .. your cover is blown !!

mind you I will pay an extra 5 brownie points to the "Prince of Protanks" but this mallee also dam well drills out impossible tight atties to make them work.. I tell you a smart A and a total B... but OK ...so there !

edit .. Mind you I thought I had another atty for Mallee.. the Vapefly Galaxy.. like phew how tight a draw was that... but then I found the screws that were there to loosen it .. so ya missed out buddy ! I had your CORRECT addy too !!
    Last edited by 1ynne; 10-06-18 at 08:40 PM.

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post

Funny story about that actually -
    Not a funny story at all Reb.. take care and .. feel free to ventilate..
    rockmoose likes this.

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.