Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Random chat

AVF Regular
    Just saw this pic on fb a couple of hours ago, which of course inspired me to drop tools and re-watch Bad Boy Bubby after 20 odd years.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    rockmoose and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    Just saw this pic on fb a couple of hours ago, which of course inspired me to drop tools and re-watch Bad Boy Bubby after 20 odd years.

https://youtu.be/Z_X7_zyteBc

Great film really. Adelaide at it's finest!

DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DocM View Post
    G/F & I took a wrong turn heading to the snow one weekend in the 80's, some 'angel' had turned a roadsign around. A Kwaka 900 tore passed me in the XY GS before a winding road down the side of the wrong hill. I could see him up the way nearly scraping the axle nuts on the corners before a straight downhill, until a wombat took him out. When we got to him, yuck. In the distance down the wrong valley I saw Yallourn power station stacks. We managed to get him in the back of the Falcon when he drifted out of consciousness. Bones, blood, gravel & road rash and a bike that was some way down the side of the hill. Got him to the Moe hospital then gf & I went to the pub for the night. The worst drive to a hospital I've known. Didn't see the snow that day and he was lucky we didn't. Plenty of Kahlua for the gf and Tequila downed by me.
    And here I was changing the subject at the same time you were posting :/

DocM likes this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    My agapanthus are coming out

MrGruffy, DocM and act180 like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    And here I was changing the subject at the same time you were posting :/

Free speech Sublime! He used to send a Xmas card every year afterwards for ages, he survived. Next...industrial accidents, stay tuned! Are those agapanthers maneaters Emu?
    They shrink wrap dim sims?
    Last edited by DocM; 05-12-17 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Malarkey
    Sublime likes this.
    I asked my Mum one day "Where do babies come from?" She said "A dog bite son." I found out later, I had a Cynophobic childhood. She thought I'd said Rabies.

Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

AVF Regular
    Best bike crash i seen was this fool speeding down Macquarie pass. For y'all that have done it, you know its dangerous stretch.
    This fkn fool attempted to take the 10km/hr hairpin at 140km/hr on his GSXR.

I know why riders use leather now, its not to look cool. Its so cops dont need to spend extra time with a bucket and mop.
    Last edited by Hoofprint; 05-12-17 at 12:54 PM.
    DocM and stylemessiah like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    Best bike crash i seen was this fool speeding down Macquarie pass. For y'all that have done it, you know its dangerous stretch.
    This fkn fool attempted to take the 10km hairpin at 140km/hr on his GSXR.

I know why riders use leather now, its not to look cool. Its so cops dont need to spend extra time with a bucket and mop.
    In Victoria they have egg lifts & scrapers as standard issue for the temporaries. And the wombats have body armour.
    One of the best I saw was a bloke that didn't put his feet down fast enough on a Harley when stopping at the lights!
    stylemessiah likes this.
    I asked my Mum one day "Where do babies come from?" She said "A dog bite son." I found out later, I had a Cynophobic childhood. She thought I'd said Rabies.

Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

LNB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    This fkn fool attempted to take the 10km hairpin at 140km/hr on his GSXR.

I way chasing a bloke on a cbr up Macquarie pass last year, he lit it up out of one of the hairpins, massive tank slapper and became gravitys b!tch with a highside...i made it to robertson for a pie and coffee, he didn't..
    stylemessiah, act180 and Danny76 like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DocM View Post
    G/F & I took a wrong turn heading to the snow one weekend in the 80's, some 'angel' had turned a roadsign around. A Kwaka 900 tore passed me in the XY GS before a winding road down the side of the wrong hill. I could see him up the way nearly scraping the axle nuts on the corners before a straight downhill, until a wombat took him out. When we got to him, yuck. In the distance down the wrong valley I saw Yallourn power station stacks. We managed to get him in the back of the Falcon when he drifted out of consciousness. Bones, blood, gravel & road rash and a bike that was some way down the side of the hill. Got him to the Moe hospital then gf & I went to the pub for the night. The worst drive to a hospital I've known. Didn't see the snow that day and he was lucky we didn't. Plenty of Kahlua for the gf and Tequila downed by me.
    I hit a wombat on my dirt bike many moons ago doing about 60kph.
    Front end of my bike totalled. Me a wreck as well.
    Wombat scurries off into the bush like nothing happened.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    act180 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny76 View Post
    I hit a wombat on my dirt bike many moons ago doing about 60kph.
    Front end of my bike totalled. Me a wreck as well.
    Wombat scurries off into the bush like nothing happened.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Best wombat Fatality was when i was staying in the Kangaroo valley. Tow truck came into town with a prius on the tray
    I dunno how they did it but the impact from hitting a wombat snapped the engine off its mounts and pushed it through the firewall.

For some stranger reason... i sold my rolla the next day and got a land cruiser
    Danny76 likes this.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast