Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree951Likes

Thread: Random chat

AVF Regular
    A faded, jaded, anyway you played it Mandarin.
    emu likes this.
    If you don't have a destination, buy a houseboat, you can't get lost and you are always at home.

Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

AVF Regular
    Yeah I have only had that kind once- its not bad from what I remember- but much prefer it the wog way cooked in the tomato soup and paprika- the same way we do stuffed capsicums and even more occasionally stuffed cabbage (although stuffed cabbage I havent made in centuries cause it takes even more time than the other two )

Used to make the zucchini version alot when I was growing my own cause they were large and easy unlike the small expensive ones we get in the local supermarket

and sadly I cant eat eggplant - which sh*ts me cause its one of my favorite veg - I miss it and I am jelly that all you people have gardens in which things actually grow rather than die

Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    Sounds like egg plant parmagiana with zucchini?

Egg plant parma is good, and thought to be what aussie parma/parmi is based on

Garlic, cheese, bread... How could it go wrong?
    DogMan and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    Could be its own thread "weirdest shit that happened today"

just had a Huntsman spider charge at me.
    Skittered along the ground closing a 3m distance and made a line right for my toe. It stopped few cm short and died.

Didn't even get a chance to step on the bastard, the act of closing the distance killed it.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post

Skittered along the ground closing a 3m distance and made a line right for my toe. It stopped few cm short and died.

Didn't even get a chance to step on the bastard, the act of closing the distance killed it.
    Them must be some stinky feet, Hoofy.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    Deathwish huntsman, Blundstones are no match.
    They're a bonus anyway hoofy, they eat flies and mozzies.
    Last edited by DocM; 13-01-18 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Attenborough got nuffin on avf!
    Hoofprint likes this.
    If you don't have a destination, buy a houseboat, you can't get lost and you are always at home.

emu
    AVF Regular

Those bloody things can be aggressive Hoofy, I was admiring the size of one I spotted on a tree once until it decided to jump off the tree and lunge at me at a great rate of knots, the only thing that saved me was it's bungee cord took up the slack before I even had time to react. That episode damaged me for life, I still have nightmares.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DocM View Post
    They're a bonus anyway hoofy, they eat flies and mozzies.
    I used to have a family of daddy long legs around the place. They were great, kept to themselves and kept the bug and spiders in check.
    Sadly when i started a gecko colony outside of my house for pest control, one got inside and had a smorgasbord.
    Fatman and DocM like this.

AVF Regular
    Reminds me of the ABC announcer that got the boot after reporting that "A woman in Sydney has died after she was bitten on the funnel by a finger web spider."
    Fatman and emu like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    Those bloody things can be aggressive Hoofy, I was admiring the size of one I spotted on a tree once until it decided to jump off the tree and lunge at me at a great rate of knots, the only thing that saved me was it's bungee cord took up the slack before I even had time to react. That episode damaged me for life, I still have nightmares.
    Huntsman are my fave arachnids ( well apart from orb spiders as well ) .... are you sure you didnt come across a Wolf spider instead ? those buggers can be quite fiesty and jumpers We have quite a few round here , legs arent as spindly as a true huntsman and a fatter abdomen , usually a bit greyish as opposed to the browny hue of the Huntsy ? Bigger eyes too ( Huntsy's are ambush predators mainly, but the wolf is an active chaser and spots prey better)

Huntsy's are pretty chill , but a Wolf will chase you cross a room if its in the mood LOL

Wolfy....

Huntsy ....

rockmoose and emu like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Huntsman are my fave arachnids ( well apart from orb spiders as well ) .... are you sure you didnt come across a Wolf spider instead ? those buggers can be quite fiesty and jumpers We have quite a few round here , legs arent as spindly as a true huntsman and a fatter abdomen , usually a bit greyish as opposed to the browny hue of the Huntsy ? Bigger eyes too ( Huntsy's are ambush predators mainly, but the wolf is an active chaser and spots prey better)

Huntsy's are pretty chill , but a Wolf will chase you cross a room if its in the mood LOL

Wolfy....

Huntsy ....

There are different huntsman spiders. Big greys are chill, little brown ones can be agro.

I used to keep tarantulas. Pretty boring pets, they spend 99% of their time underground.
    Fatman and emu like this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast