Page 33 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
Like Tree2039Likes

Thread: Random chat

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gurishka View Post
    I'm not coping well with today.. struggling against the black dog and life.. just seems like an uphill battle.
    Hey Brother , I am sorry to hear that , and its really hard to make anything better without walking down platitude road mate , but I will pass on one pearl of wisdom my old man gave to me many years ago " only imbeciles and effwits believe that life was ever meant to be easy, if you are never challenged in life, you never grow, you never know the pride of overcoming... if someone says to you that happiness is the natural state of the human condition, they are either lying or have lived a life avoiding challenges"
    I always took this to mean that life IS hard, that there will ALWAYS be challenges, people will either offer an ear or a hand or pass you by, and never assume life will be great, just appreciate it when it is Without the darkness there is no light mate, and when the darkness swallows you, never give up on finding some light, whether thats a person, a friend , foe , or stranger... take your motivation where you find it.

Now that said if you dont have someone trusted and close you can open to, then find some non-judgemental professional help ... its out there

Feeling Like Poo? List of Organisations Who Can Help
    fabricator4, DocM, AllyP and 5 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Yeah mate.. Just stuck in my own head. Lots in there swirling
    Can you go outside? - its nearly bed time for birdys so there should be lots of birdsong - might help a weeny bit ?

ps. I know its chilly tonight in our neck of the woods - pharking climate change - one minute sweltering next minute hunting out the jumpers - now that is cray cray!
    Fatman, gurishka and emu like this.
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker

AVF Regular
    if someone says "you can't be sad, because someone somewhere has it worse"

punch them, and point out that someone, somewhere has it better than them, so they can't be happy
    Fatman, Northerner, DocM and 4 others like this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Thanks guys and gals. Had to give up the family black dog today... quite literally... 9 month old border collie x keplie... my aging mother couldn't look after her; she was too strong and boisterous. At least she's going to a local man with another working dog so she can learn from that one. But it's been a sh*t day tbh...
    Fatman and AllyP like this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    if someone says "you can't be sad, because someone somewhere has it worse"

punch them, and point out that someone, somewhere has it better than them, so they can't be happy
    And this is why we lub you Dan

Its also why I gave up on a Psychology Degree... I realised as a therapist I would be doing too much leaning across the table and punching someone in the throat, while pouring a cup of cement into their mouths .... "I dont care if you have Mummy issues, Patrick , there are people out there who don't run a company, have 3 wonderful kids, a big home, loving partner, and holiday in France! ... some people actually have real problems! Stop "*chop*" wasting "*chop*"my "*chop*" ferking" "*chop*"" time! "

It never was going to end well
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    And this is why we lub you Dan

Its also why I gave up on a Psychology Degree... I realised as a therapist I would be doing too much leaning across the table and punching someone in the throat, while pouring a cup of cement into their mouths .... "I dont care if you have Mummy issues, Patrick , there are people out there who don't run a company, have 3 wonderful kids, a big home, loving partner, and holiday in France! ... some people actually have real problems! Stop "*chop*" wasting "*chop*"my "*chop*" ferking" "*chop*"" time! "

It never was going to end well
    Lol many years ago I went to a Psych - my biggest issue at the time was my Mum loved me too much - pretty sure the Psych would have liked to give me the cement treatment - hell looking back I would give it to myself .......
    DogMan, Northerner, DocM and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    What's everybody vaping? Anything good? I had to rummage through the drawer to find juice...
    AllyP and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    Psychologists are morons.

I think it was Tony as health minister that decided to ease the burden on psychiatrists (actual medical doctors) by changing the system to more tdoc, less pdoc.

45 minute lectures on sleep hygiene. Not sure if tdocs actually know anything else. So you go in feeling like poop, and come out feeling like poop with the added bonus of guilt.
    Fatman, AllyP and gurishka like this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    What's everybody vaping? Anything good? I had to rummage through the drawer to find juice...
    I am a very boring vaper - I keep trying bought juice and end up hating it - nothing works better for me than my ADV which is pg/vg with 5% UK smokes from T juice.
    Doggy sent me some WTA flavored juices but I had to dilute them and now I am resisting temptation and letting them steep a couple of days but have high hopes for the Cranberry.
    DogMan and gurishka like this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Only the best juice in Oz, emu oil of course ...
    DocM, 1ynne and gurishka like this.

Page 33 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast