Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: Attention Fatman

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    Cement mixers - only cause ive never had to pay for one.
    If you have iron guts always some sucker willing to lose money.
    Bushmill's is made in my Poppas home town so I am biased and was conditioned to it from a young age at every new years party. Between the Irish on one side and Scottish on the other it was always a thing to remember
    DogMan and Hoofprint like this.
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Leonard rocks .... high moment of my life was a 2am drnkies at the Little Reatta bar in Lt Collins St in 1982... when this scruffy Canadian slinked in like an arthritic cat .... no-one noticed , but I picked him .... walked over and respectfully bought him a Cosmo and thanked him for being a lyrical influence of mine ... He was actually doing poetry readings on the quiet with no fanfare and very little publicity at the time .... the bar usually (legally) had to shut at 3am... but as I knew Milos the owner he kicked out the stragglers pulled the blinds and our gathering staggered out into the dawn many hours later ... a very knowledgable and caring man ... it was only a few hours of my life ... but it was big

Nothing beats the original

RIP Shabby Stranger that for a night became my friend
    Wow, respect and just a tad jealous.
    I did get taken out for Mexican dinner by Canned heat in the eighties but they were fading stars by that time - just old guys with long grey beards - Leonard is and will always be something far more.
    Fatman, DogMan and Hoofprint like this.
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker

AVF Regular
    People wonder why i dont go to parties any more
    Well i rarely did anyways

But let me tell you a story, well ill briefly outline different stages because im tired and want to go nigh nights

I call it The 3 Stages Of Party Style

Style at 15: The formative years

Once upon a time i was a top tier party person, me and my crew would arrive at parties in my youth and be welcomed with open arms, and often handed a 2lt bottle of coke already premixed, each. Of course i was totes asping out (but unaware for many years) so i went home alone and took comfort in spooning my cat

Style at 25: The Lift Well Poetry Years

Then there were my 20's where it got a little out of control and there was that time i hunkered down in my motel room to ride out the effects of some very nasty spiked medications sent me very badly sideways, not before writing poetry on a lift shaft wall. I still maintain i achieved direct communication with every atom in the known universe that night. Its not something i would recommend or wish to try again...

Style at 45: A Decade of Stabbyness

Now im not invited out much, mostly because i have always hated leaving the house, and now especially because i dont drink to fricking put wth and tolerate the rest of you...im like a raw nerve exposed to the entire fricking universe.Now if you invite me round its pretty much goign to go like this, ill arrive mid way through the proceedings, stammer awkwardly at anyone you introduce me to, poison the best looking girl against her boyfriend, seek refuge inthe kitchen where i'll nervously refill my glass directly form the tap because you've probably got pretentious bottled water or ill label it so, even if its only one step from generic. To top the night off i'll go through your music collection and if i find Jeff fucking Buckley amongst it ill discreetly make my way to your bedroom and take a dump in your pillow slip, before casually leaving 15 minutes later amongst the first of your pretentious friends to leave, whilst telling you just how wonderful a time ive had....and that we should do it again "soon"
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 03-12-17 at 08:00 AM.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    I prefer Leonard Cohen or KD Lang versions
    Legend has it, Cohen wrote about 80 verses over five years.

I managed to track this assertion down to an interview that Cohen did for The World magazine (July '07). Leonard Cohen was asked what song took him the longest to write and he replied "Hallelujah was at least five years. I have about 80 verses for it."

John Cale asked Cohen for the complete verses, and Cohen sent him fifteen, but he mostly performed five of them at the end of his shows.

Last edited by fabricator4; 04-12-17 at 02:12 AM.
    Fatman and Hoofprint like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    See i learnt my lesson, like most of them from my old man.

Day before my 18th i walked up to my old man full of piss and vinegar, proudly stated "im 18, im getting shit faced tomorrow and there is not a fkn thing you can do about it".
    He didnt reply just got this cheesey grin and walked away.
    18th rolled around and as im leaving for the party the old man gives me a wrapped gift, i unwrap it and it was a 10L green plastic bucket with lettering scribbled in black texta "This is your lesson bucket all will become clear in time"

I head to party and drank so much honest to god my pee smelled like Jack Daniels for a few days. $400 dollars later and 6hrs of drinking i got a lift home.
    3am i crawl into my room as im about to get into bed, i see this fkn green bucket next to my bed and think "eat it old man no lesson for me"

I lay down on bed and close my eyes and Y'all know whats coming next
    3 straight fkn hours of me cradling that bucket like a baby with a bottle.

I finally pass out and wake up at 10 pm. I get out of bed and stumble into kitchen dad still had that cheesy fkn grin and said "so what did we learn"
    i replied "best 18th present ever, and parties are only fun when someone else is paying for the booze".

Haven't been to a party since
    Fatman and stylemessiah like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    Well i rarely did anyways

But let me tell you a story, well ill briefly outline different stages because im tired and want to go nigh nights

I call it The 3 Stages Of Party Style

Style at 15: The formative years

Once upon a time i was a top tier party person, me and my crew would arrive at parties in my youth and be welcomed with open arms, and often handed a 2lt bottle of coke already premixed, each. Of course i was totes asping out (but unaware for many years) so i went home alone and took comfort in spooning my cat

Style at 25: The Lift Well Poetry Years

Then there were my 20's where it got a little out of control and there was that time i hunkered down in my motel room to ride out the effects of some very nasty spiked medications sent me very badly sideways, not before writing poetry on a lift shaft wall. I still maintain i achieved direct communication with every atom in the known universe that night. Its not something i would recommend or wish to try again...

Style at 45: A Decade of Stabbyness

Now im not invited out much, mostly because i have always hated leavign the house, and now especially because i dont drink to fricking put and tolerate the rest of you...im like a raw nerve exposed to the entire fricking universe.Now if you invite me round its pretty much goign to go like this, ill arrive mid way through the proceedings, stammer awkwardly at anyone you introduce me to, poison the best looking girl against her boyfriend, seek refuge inthe kitchen where i'll nervously refill my glass directly form the tap because you've probably got pretentious bottled water or ill label it so, even if its only one step from generic. To top the night off i'll go through your music collection and if i find Jeff fucking Buckley amongst it ill discreetly make my way to your bedroom and take a dump in your pillow slip, before casually leaving 15 minutes later amongst the first of your pretentious friends to leave, whilst telling you just how wonderful a time ive had....and that we should do it again "soon"
    Invitation is always out there mate.... useless (insert C word here)
    Fatman and stylemessiah like this.
    I will be travelling in time, please leave a message and I will get back to you last week.

AVF Regular
    Shame Tom Waits never did a version of Hallelujah. But he did team up with Leonard and JJ, for this rare gem.

Hoofprint likes this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    I know what your thinking, so before you say it

Fatman, Hoofprint and stylemessiah like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345