Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Where Saph

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by saph View Post
    i know you did since i havent posted any AMD stuff to annoy style
    I was just thinking yesterday of posting my usual warning for anyone who might have gotten a fricking console from the man in the red suit that seems to have an unhealthy fixation on children not to use the words "im in a clan" or "im in a team":

You can only claim to be in a clan or similar when you

* Can trace your lineage back to the crusades and have a family history of actually fighting in just about every conflict since
    * Have yourself served in the military
    * Actually are a member of a scottish clan by lineage

Outside of this youre just some fricking manchild sitting on a couch holding a plastic controller, wearing a headset and dreamin' along with other man children on couches wearing headsets

So thanks for the excuse...

And happy holidays
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 27-12-17 at 11:20 AM.
    Fatman, DocM and rockmoose like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    so went out fishing at a locals spot again and got a moses perch

also totaly didnt edit something in for style
    Hoofprint and stylemessiah like this.
    If you know it. Help someone
    If you dont know it. Ask

On land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own.

AVF Regular
    stylemessiah likes this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by disley View Post
    its hitting every cpu maker with intel being worst off arm and amd a second tho im told they need to be physical access hits (hey style still love your intel system now?)

best to just let windows update on the 9th since this is a os level code attack and not a hardware level base (best to make sure everything is upto date there aswell with cpu and motherboard)
    If you dont know it. Ask

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Most linux kernels were patched in the last 48 hours and so far I don't believe there is an active exploit.

Some are saying this was a vulnerability by design under order from the NSA! Stick that in ya chemtrail and vape it
    DogMan, DocM, stylemessiah and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by saph View Post
    its hitting every cpu maker with intel being worst off arm and amd a second tho im told they need to be physical access hits (hey style still love your intel system now?)

best to just let windows update on the 9th since this is a os level code attack and not a hardware level base (best to make sure everything is upto date there aswell with cpu and motherboard)
    Oh, you read the old news that AMD was exempt, might want to check the news - only exempt (seemingly, early days) from one of the 2 exploits....so i wouldnt be banging the drum too hard

Intel and Microsoft have already posted fixes/updates - Windows 10 is already patched as of last update, expect motherboard vendors to probably also issue updates too, apparently

Apple unusually has admitted theyre affected too, i thought they try and fool their sheeple they were safe as they always do...

No point blaming any one vendor, everyone has used the same kernel paradigm since year dot, all that has happened is that people in labs have had more time to find holes....

Most exploits are so remotely unlikely theres little chance of your average person being affected, its one thing to create and exploit in a lab...plus add in lazy mainstream media on a perpetual slow news day with their dwindling market reach and lvoe of sensationalising

Like i said the other day, not the time to put your tinfoil hat on and seal yourself in a bunker, just keep your PC up to date and you'll survive this, and every other "exploit" in the last 5 years...
    CMB likes this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Handy shopping links:

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    Most linux kernels were patched in the last 48 hours and so far I don't believe there is an active exploit.

Some are saying this was a vulnerability by design under order from the NSA! Stick that in ya chemtrail and vape it
    Yup, no active exploit...these often come out months after the bored lab hacker concerned has notified literally everyone and gotten his bug pay money

Windows 10 has been patched since the last update, which again supports the usual white hat hacker "look what i did in a lab, now pay me" paradigm...

Its been at least 4 years since the first "every device with a USB port can be exploited" scare mongering, and how many effected? 0
    CMB likes this.

Handy shopping links:

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    Oh, you read the old news that AMD was exempt, might want to check the news - only exempt (seemingly, early days) from one of the 2 exploits....so i wouldnt be banging the drum too hard
    every cpu maker with intel being worst off arm and amd a second tho im told they need to be physical access hits

read and weap style i knew all were getting this bug since its a kernal code issue no cpu maker is exempt
    If you dont know it. Ask

AVF Regular
    Meanwhile

Gigagbyte has a tool out to check and hopefully patch the Intel ME software: Download GIGABYTE Intel ME Critical FW Update Utility - MajorGeeks

Intel Tool to check if youre vulnerable and links to motherbaord manufacturer support sites:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us.../software.html

In particular those wanting to play the blame Intel game should read this part:

Q: Why do I need to contact my system or motherboard manufacturer? Why can’t Intel provide the necessary update for my system?
    A: Intel is unable to provide a generic update due to management engine firmware customizations performed by system and motherboard manufacturers.
    Meanwhile, the above tool gives my 3 year old i7 a clean bill of health, nothing to see here....

Handy shopping links:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast