Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Is anyone still without NBN?

AVF Regular
    0 - 10 mbps down, 0 - .5mbps up. the zeroes are when my dish is full of snow or I have my weekly urgent online job to complete outage,
    it works well enough for me, the 630ms lag give me issues every day, but I'm the only one in my area with web.
    Wouldn't mind having a phone, seems it's increasingly hard to do online interactions with businesses without a working phone, go figure!

AVF Regular
    NBN has been put on hold for at least 9 months in my area as we were in the HFC Telstra Hybrid NBN network which has proven to be not compatible with NBN (well duh). HFC supports one ISP not multiple as the HFC is the Foxtel cable TV cable that also provides "Cable Internet".

AVF Regular
    Oh I am connected to Telstra cable for less money and more speed than I would get on NBN using the same cable...
    1ynne likes this.

AVF Regular
    There are some interesting facts flying around about the rollout in actuality. One interviewee said "It's like buying the biggest, most powerful motorcycle, taking it home. taking the engine out & replacing it with a 1975 postie bike engine"
    Another happy customer. Leave it to the government to stuff a good idea up. Even New Zullind has a ball tearer of a system. We can all upgrade to the 1950's.
    1ynne and emu like this.
    When in doubt, use a bigger hammer.

Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers old guard!
    Heaps of stuff in high rotation

AVF Regular
    Im on 100/40 @ $70 mo, but 100/40 is just a pipe dream that less then 3% of aussies will get.
    My sync on a good day is 40/5 but during peak hours or school holidays i had faster speeds back on ADSL2+.

Providers wont tell you what average speed you will get before connection and once you have transferred you cant go backwards.

Long story short its nothing but a shit show, avoid it like the plague till they force you to change.
    DocM and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    The sad bit is, we all have to swallow it! No escape or choice of staying with something crap just moving to something crapper, but I must say it looks as though it will be cheaper crap where I am. I just looked it up. FTTC. FTW!
    When in doubt, use a bigger hammer.

Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers old guard!
    Heaps of stuff in high rotation

AVF Regular
    I am lucky as have NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises) with Telstra. Have had it since November 2015. Before that had Telstra Cable.

My average download speed is 93.00Mbps and upload speed 35.9Mbps - sometimes during peak time had it drop to 86.00Mbps. No complaints - very delicious for me, but on the most part, many get the crap with the backward FTTN and HFC.

Posted below - just did a Speed Test:-

ybnice Home Telstra NBN Speed
    Last edited by ybnice; 09-01-18 at 10:30 AM.
    emu likes this.
    ""Tootle Puffer" on Starter Kits.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_vaper View Post
    Oh I am connected to Telstra cable for less money and more speed than I would get on NBN using the same cable...
    same - and not looking forward to being forced to change at sometime in the future !
    chris_vaper likes this.

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

AVF Regular
    Yep good old Padstow nsw will be one of the last suburbs on the nbn rollout. We have been offered a free 1 year trial as a guinea pig i suppose but it cant be any worse than the hardlines that are in atm.
    Our iinet line has been re routed 3 times in the last 2 years due to faulty lines. When it rains heavy we loose our line full stop for hrs on end. Dropouts are constant atleast 3 times a week we have to reboot our router.
    So i suppose. Nbn cant be any worse.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny76 View Post
    Yep good old Padstow nsw will be one of the last suburbs on the nbn rollout.
    Funny enough my area wasn't scheduled till Q4 2017. Due to a mysterious circumstance my town got bumped up the list just prior to the last fed election.
    Im sure it had nothing to do with the sudden increase of lib votes.
    chris_vaper and Danny76 like this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast