Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: So, umm, how's the job situation looking in Oz these days?

AVF Regular

So, umm, how's the job situation looking in Oz these days?

As the title says is pretty much it.

How hard is it to find a job? No need to be some special, wonderful or amazing career opportunity, only turn up on time, do what is needed and get paid for it.

I'm not worried and only checking the water, but some recent info would be handy as I've not looked for a 'job' in over 20 years.

Just asking. We'd be heading to Melbourne first and only I'd expect. House isn't something I need to worry about, only something to keep me off the streets causing trouble.

Thanks, I hope.

Stu.

(Who's had about as much as I can take of here now and would really like to get the frick out. Seems the kids will do better not being here, and I think Mrs. Schtoo's family are making some noises about getting out of here as well, if only to dodge inheritance taxes...)

AVF Regular
    Imo thier are a heap of jobs out thier if you are willing to work. As a forklift operator i could, and have left a job and have another the same day.

I think the major problem is for those who dont live in or near a city.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    giruvian and AllyP like this.

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    1. Over worked
    2. Under paid
    3. Over taxed
    But we all gotta eat
    Danny76 likes this.
    I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on AVF is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the AVF rules: http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum...ions-bans.html
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

emu
    AVF Regular
    Sparkies in high demand all over the place so I've been told, you'll be employed before you wan't to if you're not careful Stu.
    Danny76 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Emu, I figured as much although I don't know how valuable I'd be having been out of the trade (but still licensed) for 16 years...

Not sure I even want to go down that route. Although actually 'working' for a living again does have it's attractions...

So long as I can show up, do what I'm supposed to, go home and not think about work and collect some money at the end of it, that'll do me for a time at least.

That said, I'll probably have a job lined up before I jump on the airplane. Won't be able to avoid it when some folks hear I'll be in town.

So it's not all doom and gloom, that's fine by me. Like I said, no house stuff to worry about, so I can take darn near anything and so long as it's enough to eat on that'll do.

Just something I'm throwing out there at the moment. No actual plans as yet.

Stu.
    emu likes this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Schtoo View Post
    Emu, I figured as much although I don't know how valuable I'd be having been out of the trade (but still licensed) for 16 years...

Not sure I even want to go down that route. Although actually 'working' for a living again does have it's attractions...
    I'm liking the sound of this Japan place, so you don't have to actually work over there..?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    I'm liking the sound of this Japan place, so you don't have to actually work over there..?
    Oh no, I do actually work but it's definitely not conventional, limited in how much I can actually get done (because I'm Johnny on the spot) and I'm just burned out. And tired of paying more taxes and whatnot than I really should be, propping up a system I do not and will not get very much out of.

It's not all bad, but in the very near future it seems it'll be better for all of us to be not here at the very least.

The daily 'grind' is somewhat appealing after having to prop myself up for a decade and a half.

Thanks for the info all, I'll be poking and prodding later on in the year I think.

Stu.
    emu likes this.

AVF Regular
    they are huge but some are booming cause people dont want to whipe shit from arses or deal with arses who talk and speak shit on the road
    If you know it. Help someone
    If you dont know it. Ask

On land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by saph View Post
    they are huge but some are booming cause people dont want to whipe shit from arses or deal with arses who talk and speak shit on the road
    ???
    Wtf

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Tara likes this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by saph View Post
    They are huge but some are booming because people don't want to wipe shit from arses, or deal with arses who talk and speak shit on the road
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny76 View Post
    ??? Wtf
    My interpretation of that bit of word salad is: Hey Stu plenty of jobs in nursing homes mate and if that don't take your fancy you can always drive a cab.

Thank fck there's no pic.
    giruvian, act180, 1ynne and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast