Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree208Likes

Thread: this is what we all do to kids

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash View Post
    http://www.australianlaborparty.org/...ugeesCosts.pdf

facility on christmas island cost upward of half a billion to set up.

facility on mainland australia cost less than 150 million.

total cost per year is under $1bn or $25bn less than we spend on the military.

what it costs does not bother me nearly as much as what we put these people through.

i would ask however that we not involve private companies who make more money if people are kept locked up. but that's just a pet peeve i have with private prisons as a whole. not just these ones.

i'm just after a bit more transparency. let the rest of us see how we're treating these people. let people like ROS see them as people...not just numbers spouted by cunts like andrew bolt.
    Your entire argument is built around the premise that it's all about the monetary cost.
    If only it were that simple.
    There are diseases, that we have either eradicated or kept out of this country & which if even one of these boat people are carrying could start a major epidemic in Australia, killing 100's of thousands of people & making 100's of thousands more extremely sick. No this is not scaremongering, it is fact.
    Then there is the terrorist possibility, do you want your family/friends/neighbors at risk of terrorist acts? I know I don't want that but that is what we are inviting if we start giving these boat people a free pass into the country.

Why off shore?
    Because it keeps these people from potentially causing irreparable damage to our population, which the government has an obligation to keep safe. At the same time these people are not being mistreated, sure the conditions they are being kept in is not 3 star hotel luxury but it is better than where they came from. If they prove to have a legitimate case, they will be let into the country, after medical screening & so on.

There was a case a few months ago of Tuberculosis, a disease we have mostly abolished in this country. This wasn't the regular TB this was a super strain resistant to many forms of treatment.
    I am a bit foggy on the exact details now but a teenage girl from PNG (I think that's right), had contracted the TB & flew(legitimately) to Aus. to visit relatives(I think it was in the NT somewhere). She became I'll & went to hospital but she had been here for a while before that & come in contact with very few people. Luckily, no one she came into contact with caught it but she had to be put into isolation, in hospital to prevent it spreading.
    From what I remember reading about it, they said if she hadn't have come here, then she would have died a lot sooner but because we have better hospitals etc. she would live longer, albeit in hospital.
    The point is none of us in Australia have a tolerance to this strain of TB, it was a close call & could have started a major epidemic.
    If just 1 of these boat people is carrying a disease similar to that, we are all fucked, it would spread like wildfire, then the boat people could come any time they liked because we wouldn't be around to stop them.

That isn't even all of the reasoning behind keeping these people offshore but in itself is a very good reason.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

boat people weren't welcome 220 years ago and there still not now. and how the **** is being processed any hotter than being stuck on a crowded boat anyway ???

dry up.... im crusty as fuk lol
    Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.....im off to the PUB

Super Moderator
    Very valid point Noe , and I will add to that too the biosecurity issues that rocking up and dumping a boat on the shore can do .... Most people do not give a lot of thought to the fact Australia and New Zealand are one of the few areas left on the planet where animal diseases common to the rest of the world are not present ( think Rabies etc ) and where our agricultural enterprises are free of many of the pests and plant diseases that decimate food production in other parts of the world .
    It is ONLY this way , because we try to control who and what crosses our borders . Every boat coming from overseas has to undergo a rigorous customs and quarantine inspection , refugee boats do not , because they just appear .. why do you think the people are off loaded and the boats are sunk when intercepted .
    The refugees do not care they are placing the populace at risk , they also have food on board that is totally prohibited entry by normal travellers .
    Every piece of it has the potential to harm thousands of peoples livelihoods and generations of work .
    YES I think Australia has a responsibility to the world and its refugees, but EVERYONE of those refugees coming here illegally by boats is starting their new journey in life BY BREAKING SEVERAL LAWS and putting the general populace and agriculture at risk . Forget economics, forget statistics, forget feel good emotions , objectify and accept that not ONE person coming by boat into this country shows respect for our laws or ways of doing things ... there are ALWAYS choices , there is always a right way , and a wrong way to do things ... why should anyone be rewarded for actively choosing and PAYING FOR an illegal entry as their first act as potential citizens ?
    People will no doubt say " But they have no choice" BULLSHIT say I ! .. every immigrant has passed thru numerous countries to get even close to getting on a boat to get here , countries that offer the same safety as we do , from their issues in their homeland .
    The truth is , despite our processing options etc , they still keep coming , so the reward must be greater than the risk or else they wouldnt be doing it .
    I have nothing but respect for immigrants , this country was built on the backs of them , I will help anyone of any race colour or creed , but to be deserving of help , I would much prefer to offer it to a person who has at least tried to do the right thing , rather than FORCE their presence on us .

Imagine two strangers coming to your house "We are here , we dont care about your ways, we have a right to eat at your table !....now deal with us " says one ...

" Excuse me , we have had a long journey , we have permission to be here but are hungry and tired , can you help ? " says the other ...

which one would you bring in to sit at your table and eat with your children ?
    Last edited by Fatman; 17-01-13 at 09:45 AM.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Christmas Island is a lovely place; the refugees (illegal immigrants) like to complain about the outdated games on their Xbox 360íS.
    Nauru is looking quite nice from when it first started. It was a tent city before. Please feel assured that the refugees (illegal immigrants) tents were air conditioned while the tent builders (21 Construction Squadron) slept under the stars, swiping the mozzies away from their faces.
    It was to my understanding that a refugee was somebody that seeks refuge in a neighbouring country. Last time I looked they werenít living in new Zeeland or Tassie (I can make a Tasmanian joke because I originated from Tassie, poor me I know). ;p
    How much does it cost us to keep one of them for one year? Would a plane ticket back be cheaper?
    What does ASIO do? Gather Intel I was lead to believe. Would it be cheaper to send out a few agents to sniff out the smugglers and nip it in the bud before it even happens (I didnít mean wet work/assassination, more like tip offs)? *
    The UN, name one good thing they have ever accomplished? All they seem to do is roll over for America and instigate genocides. The UN is very corrupt, I urge people to research about that organisation.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Just ignore me and I'll go away.

UN = global star chamber.
    fifthflo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by London Fog View Post
    didnt give a **** about health and saftey when they paid criminal gangs to sneek them past our rules and regulations on dodgy boats
    now they cry foul and try and use the system to get what they want now they are caught

2 words collins class
    might be shite at going underwater but i am sure we can use them for something

Attachment 5647
    I wonder if Aus would have let you come in to the country if they knew what a racist you were. I wonder how much tax you have actually paid in this country and how much in benefits you have taken. We were all boat people once. Yes you might have passed all the tests but how much have you given to this country???? I bet the indigenous aussies say much the same about you.
    Please tell me how many refugees have been deemed terroists??? not many I bet. A lot of these comments are sensationalist at best. I do believe we can accept refugees but need to stop refugees at its source and improve their lot in their country. I would like to see aus take the poor refugees from some the overcrowded camps.
    Now I will wait for the attacks....go on arc up.
    fifthflo likes this.
    I am woman hear me roar

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Your entire argument is built around the premise that it's all about the monetary cost.
    If only it were that simple.
    There are diseases, that we have either eradicated or kept out of this country & which if even one of these boat people are carrying could start a major epidemic in Australia, killing 100's of thousands of people & making 100's of thousands more extremely sick. No this is not scaremongering, it is fact.
    Then there is the terrorist possibility, do you want your family/friends/neighbors at risk of terrorist acts? I know I don't want that but that is what we are inviting if we start giving these boat people a free pass into the country.

Why off shore?
    Because it keeps these people from potentially causing irreparable damage to our population, which the government has an obligation to keep safe. At the same time these people are not being mistreated, sure the conditions they are being kept in is not 3 star hotel luxury but it is better than where they came from. If they prove to have a legitimate case, they will be let into the country, after medical screening & so on.

There was a case a few months ago of Tuberculosis, a disease we have mostly abolished in this country. This wasn't the regular TB this was a super strain resistant to many forms of treatment.
    I am a bit foggy on the exact details now but a teenage girl from PNG (I think that's right), had contracted the TB & flew(legitimately) to Aus. to visit relatives(I think it was in the NT somewhere). She became I'll & went to hospital but she had been here for a while before that & come in contact with very few people. Luckily, no one she came into contact with caught it but she had to be put into isolation, in hospital to prevent it spreading.
    From what I remember reading about it, they said if she hadn't have come here, then she would have died a lot sooner but because we have better hospitals etc. she would live longer, albeit in hospital.
    The point is none of us in Australia have a tolerance to this strain of TB, it was a close call & could have started a major epidemic.
    If just 1 of these boat people is carrying a disease similar to that, we are all fucked, it would spread like wildfire, then the boat people could come any time they liked because we wouldn't be around to stop them.

That isn't even all of the reasoning behind keeping these people offshore but in itself is a very good reason.
    you do raise some good points.

health concerns are one thing, but i've never one been subjected to a health check before entering a country for a holiday.

and the 7/7 had no previous history of even thinking about hanging out with anyone on any kind of terrorist radar.

anders brevik was known as just a bit of a nutter. no worse than some of the geriatrics we've got on this board.

my argument is not about the cost. i'm responding to others, the kind of people that keep the everlasting and usually unattainable "budget surplus" as something political parties will strive for to the detriment of the economy, all i care about is how they're being treated.

treating them like shit so more don't come is inhumane.

cashed up kids can pay their way here, but dirt poor kids from wars we're responsible for are subjected to conditions worse than pedos, simply so more dirt poor kids don't come?

nothing against international students. without them i'd have no reason to hate cab drivers, an i love hating cab drivers.

Super Moderator
    Can I just point out something ? no-one born in Australia , or entering via a legal immigration permit or scheme , is a "Boat Person" or was a "Boat Person"
    When does a person become "indigenous"? Most indigenous people in this world migrated to their presently claimed homes themselves at some point in history , so in my mind that makes the entire population of the world indigenous if you wish to use semantics ?
    I am every bit Australian as a member of the Wurundjeri Nation , I have the same birthright as they do .
    I personally had no say in where I was born , neither did any aboriginal , nor any refugee ... I however was lucky enough to be born into a land as wonderful as Australia is .
    That wonderful country was brought about by my forefathers , and I will feel no shame for them creating a nation such as this one .
    Nor will I feel guilt for any of the acts that may or may not have occured to anyone in the building of this country , I did not perpetrate them , pretty much every conflict on the globe centres from greed , or hatred , and the fathers sins being visited upon the son !
    Apparently my Fathers sins , and their fathers sins , was creating the very country so many peoples of the world want a part of ... so sue me

The most wonderful part of history is it can be skewed at any time in the future to prove a point in an argument , that really isnt worth having !
    It is time to realise , that by buying into arguments , and choosing sides , we are just perpetrating someone elses vision of what the past is , rather than learning from mistakes and working towards a future which works as best it can

Rant over
    grouse, Stoney, GirlyPantz and 6 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

i wonder what the conditions where like when poor people arrived by boat in the 1940"s looking for a better life~~~~ The
    Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.....im off to the PUB

AVF Regular
    We are aware that the illegals coming by boat pay more than most in their country can afford to jump on these boats, hey?..... The poor cant afford what the crims are asking, Crims that bring em aren't doing it out of the goodness of their hearts...i think that we could do away with the poor argument...they aren't poor by any means in their own countries. The kids are held to ransom by parents actions attempting to circumvent the system. The rest I cant argue one way or the other or Id be guessing like most others and letting emotions take over from logic and reality. I reckon the navy should just go over and blow all the crappy looking fishing boats out of the water before their boarded oops theres the emotions coming through again..
    GirlyPantz, shipo, Stomp and 1 others like this.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast