Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: [CO-OP] Guideline changes introduction

Supreme Overlord of these Realms

[CO-OP] Guideline changes introduction

If you note the rules at the top of the thread from when this section is created you will notice that it goes a long way towards essentially saying:

"Do not cry about CO-OP's to Jato, Jato can not do a lot to help you"

This was probably the wrong way to go about things. It seems that some are unclear as to what should be considered a CO-OP or not and its not like I at any point chose to put in place guidelines so here we are!

The aim of this thread is to put forward the "rules" as it were that I intend to put in place in this section that should alleviate the concerns of many.

* NOTE *

These "restrictions" if you could call them that may change with your input, I do not guarantee it but this way you all get a say.

CO-OP's moving forward will need to meet the following guidelines in order to be considered a CO-OP:

* A link to the item/supplier in question
    * Confirmation/Proof of the pricing in question
    * Guidelines as to how the CO-OP will be completed. IE; We need to purchase this many to qualify and stuff like that.

What does the above give us? It allows the interested parties that may wish to be involved with the CO-OP to ensure that the CO-OP is above board and serves no purpose other than to assist everyone involved in getting a great deal. With a direct link/confirmation from the supplier and the product involved everybody can be assured that the CO-OP is being run in the spirit of how a CO-OP should be run. It also makes it clear and easy to understand the requirements for being a part of the CO-OP.

In addition to the three guidelines above which you must meet, the following is advised to be taken into consideration;

The intent of a CO-OP from the AV point of view is to allow both the OP and those taking part in the CO-OP to pick up a product at a discount that may not normally be attainable. The reward
    for the runner of the CO-OP is the fact they are receiving the item cheaper than they otherwise could, this is the intent and how CO-OP's are conducted on many hundreds of forums. With this
    in mind the following are not considered CO-OP's:

1. You go out and buy 50 of [Product X] with intent to resell on the forums for cheap

Regardless of how cheaply you intend to sell them for this does not fit within what I feel constitutes the spirit of a CO-OP and contains too much room for skirting both our rules on vendors
    and the nature of CO-OP's themselves. If you wish to buy in bulk to cheaply supply forum members please feel free to do so however bear in mind that you will be considered as a vendor if
    you do and I will require to vendor up and remove/move your thread accordingly.

I am trying to word this without it turning into a Jato rant, maybe an example. (A) Is what I feel is acceptable as a CO-OP, (B) is what I do not find acceptable

(A)

Hi Guys, I was just over on Provapes site and I was speaking to the guy who runs it that states if we buy five in one hit we can all get ten dollars off! Is anyone interested? If so put your name down
    and I can arrange a buy and delivery to my place and ship them all out from there. We should also save on postage as its coming in bulk!

At this time you would allow others to express interest, in which case one of two things occur. There is enough interest, you get the people you require, you take payment, make payment to the vendor, receive the items and ship etc.
    The second thing that could occur is you receive no interest, dont meet your numbers, better luck next time.

(B)

Hi Guys,

I found this supplier moving cheap eGo batteries. I bought five hundred of them and if you put your name on this list I will sell one to you for a great price!

Nobody should take the above as reading that I do not wish to support CO-OP's, I just need to manage peoples expectations, realities and outcome and left to its current trend this has proven difficult and as I first thought
    when setting up this section is becoming rather time consuming. I believe with the above "rules" in place this will greatly improve CO-OP's and make it clearer for everyone involved:

* Exact pricing WITH confirmation from the vendor/website/etc must be given. All users will know what they are paying and where that money is going.
    * Allows users to know exactly what they are dealing with when entering into a CO-OP

At the end of the day the idea of a CO-OP is that you are able to fetch yourself a great deal with the assistance of other forum members to help you achieve your goals which helps out a few members in the process. It should not be considered
    a dumping ground for bulk goods from China that you think might sell well, if you want to take that route become a vendor. If in doubt you can probably consider that its not exactly a CO-OP if you already have the goods sitting in your house, there
    should be no ordering before all payments are collected and processed as one.

This rambles a bit, I am pretty tired but I am hoping people understand what the intention for this section is.

I am posting this here as an open thread as I while I may not take all suggestions on board I do like to give the community as much of a chance as possible to discuss changes before they can occur. I will leave this open until I feel it has served its purpose.

*edit, these guidelines are subject to change*
    Last edited by JatoOspry; 10-04-13 at 01:14 AM.
    Noe and bk_renesis like this.

Nothing? Fine everyone can yell at me in the morning instead, maybe I can make it better by than too.

AVF Regular
    Give us time to read Jato.

Sound good. Crack that whip!!!
    Milkman_ and Jas like this.

Super Moderator
    Jato, thank you for taking the time to provide some clarity around this issue.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

This thread really has little to do with the Joye thing, or even Neo. Its just about making clear the intended purpose of a CO-OP. I have no issue with people choosing to profit from selling on this forum, as long as its upfront and everybody knows whats occurring.

Its hard for me to enforce that if people are running bulk CO-OP's with no proof of pricing other than "I am totally getting them for X". They could be telling the truth and making nothing, or they could be lieing and making 100% markup. I dont know and I dont want to know
    and I dont want to spend all my investigating wether or not its the case. If I clearly seperate the two its a lot easier for everyone involved to know exactly what is going.

I think the Joye thing is for discussion frankly between Neo, his supplier and his suppliers supplier. As I am none of the above I fail to see how I can assist.
    davee and Milkman_ like this.

You can assist by being an awesome owner of a forum and let your users obtain joyetech products at cost price with my help.

I will happily disclose to you all the secrets
    Last edited by neofelis; 10-04-13 at 01:49 AM.
    Noe, davee and bk_renesis like this.

AVF Regular
    Good stuff

Heres my two bits for what its worth. I think alot of the emotions on this site on this topic have been blown a little out of proportion. Some members lack of people skills, and commonsense, probably have alot to with it, but hey its an issue everywhere.

In a nutshell I think your rules are the right ones and put simply people need to clearly state if they are either

A) running a "co op" to get goods at a cheap price for everyone and are only interested in covering costs in the transaction - Hence this should be placed in a CO OP section with the disclosure mentioned above

OR

B) importing lots of ecig gear and selling goods what they believe people will be interested in buying because its something people will hopefully want at a good price, but they intend to make a profit - then I think it should be in a seperate section either under the manufacturers /custom mods section under adhoc vendors? or under its own section in the Group buy section?

Again from my perspective I think both A and B types are fine, I am happy to buy goods at the right price and right quality in either A or B situations, but the angst seems to be coming from the lack of clarity as to whether its an A or B situation.
    Last edited by Mickg33; 10-04-13 at 11:53 AM.
    Noe, Fatman, davee and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickg33 View Post
    Again from my perspective I think both A and B types are fine, I am happy to buy goods at the right price and right quality in either A or B situations, but the angst seems to be coming from the lack of clarity as to whether its an A or B situation.
    Pretty much sums it up.

Personally, all I care is that I get what I paid for at the price that I agreed on; co-ops are a matter of trust which is established for me by past behaviour on the forum, so I don't need to see docs or calculations and don't care if a profit is made or not.
    CCC, davee and Milkman_ like this.

AVF Regular
    My thought are like that:

when is a repeat co op operator is too close to being a vendor?

How many co ops per person per time frame?

Trading rules that are applied by overseas suppliers should be respected otherwise only a few people will enjoy the specific product and no one else will be able to buy it in Australia

there should be a rule against co op operators making outrageous allegations against vendors on this forum while trying to generate interest in their co op

I think another rule was mentioned before of having some sort of a committee that evaluate each co op proposal before it goes ahead

just my two bobs,,,more to come
    shipo, X-BoNeS-X and Bullos like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast