Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: Cotton Co-op (Sterile Wool, Organic Cotton). Expression of Interest list

Cotton Co-op (Sterile Wool, Organic Cotton). Expression of Interest list

Hi All,

As many of you are aware I ran a small scale buy for various types of cotton wicks and cotton wool. It started off as a handful of people and now I get pms daily about it.

There has been some really good feedback from people and I am waiting to send the remainder to the reserve list as well as some replacement organic wick to Optee and Suspect. Once I have filled the reserve list I will be pretty much out of stock.

So with that in mind now that I get pm's daily about it, I think its time to get the ball rolling.

This is all Opteemist's fault for showing off at a vape meet >< !!

The 3 types and some feedback:

- Medline sterile cotton wool (contains no sizing, no boiling rewuired unless you want to play it ultra safe, no contaminates). Users have noted this provides a very very clean taste and is significantly better than your local supermarket brand cotton wool. It removes the cotton based taste / aftertaste that people were having. This proved to be very popular and even more so now that people have tried it at vape meets.

- Organic Cotton from the Philippines. This is pretty much as natural as it gets. I am still waiting on further feedback but personally I think it provides a very clean taste. I am trying to sort out some different thread counts and sizes and a bit more quality control as the last batch wasn't as good as the 6 months previous (needed washing before use).. I am negotiating with my supplier on a cost to see if this can be reduced further.

- Modnworld Organic Cotton/Hemp Wick aka Tark's wick. Most people loved it with the exception of one person who didn't like the hemp taste. But otherwise it had high praise from vapers all over the place including Pbsuardo who uses it with his cotton builds where normal cotton wool won't work very well, like in an Ithaka for example (not saying it cant be done with cotton wool, it can but its easier in a rope configuration). More info here Organic Cotton Hemp Wick "Eco-Wick" 5 meters. If you want to try it yourself and not wait for me Tark now offers international shipping. He makes some nice drip tips also

So for now this is an EOI so I can figure out just how much I would require, how much help I'm going to need and then I can provide you a firmer cost and time frames.

I am also looking for a volunteer or two should it grow to a size where I cannot manage to ship it myself.

In the previous mini co-op the 3 items and their cost was as follows :

1) Organic Cotton - 50 cents a meter. This price may reduce based on order quantity. It may also increase in price if it is sourced at a higher quality than the previous batch. it may also increase in price if shipping it from the Philippines to Australia with a larger amount. For the previous batch I only ordered 20 meters and it was packaged with lots of mods and atty's, if its a very large batch and its shipped by itself it will be DHL or Fedex it will increase the price.This does not include shipping from me to your door. From me to your door would be $3.00 for up to 10 meters if you are not ordering cotton wool with it. If someone has a local source for this that is cheaper and more easily obtained I would love to hear from you.

2) Tark's Organic Cotton/Hemp Wick - 80 cents USD a meter, 1 dollar AUD once you take into account the exchange rate and shipping. This does not include shipping from me to your door which can be as low as $3.00 if you are not ordering cotton wool with it.

3) Medline Sterile Cotton. $3.50 for a glad bag 22cm x 25cm stuffed to the brim which was the most I could fit into a 500gram Parcel Post / Express post bag. It may not seem like a large amount but it's enough cotton wool to last you potentially months as the bag will make 100's of wicks. Comparatively if you went and bought a standard bag of cotton wool balls at the supermarket it wouldn't even fill an 1/8th of the bag so it is very cost effective. The cost is derived from the U.S to A.U shipping charges, not from the cotton rolls themselves and is unlikely to decrease unless it is sourced locally.

Larger amounts (several 22cmx25cn bags) can be ordered using a 3 and 5kg parcel post or express bag.

Interest List

Organic Pinoy Cotton. This will be the most difficult to obtain in a bulk quality so please don't put 50 meters as it's not going to be practical at this point. For the time being this is capped at 5 meters per person. If you do not want to wait you can buy it directly from myvape.in's website, however it is $3.50USD a meter.

This will take the longest to obtain and to be shipped so it may be worth shipping separately if you are ordering sterile cotton wool or tark's wick which will arrive much sooner.

1. bronco x5
    2. luntingsir x5
    3. conner83 x5
    4. Meeuwsy x5
    5. Hellfish x5
    6. Adam x3
    7. laurie9300 x5
    8. Unik x5
    9. ckane x5
    10. eTama x5
    11. Gresh x2
    12. Bodiseifer x5
    13. urecia x5
    14 The Sodd x3
    15 bugzme x 5
    16 jokoleyticus x 5
    17 decadent666 x 5
    18 Kronikabis x 5
    19 pacboy x 5
    20 bikam0wz x 5
    21. suspect x5
    22. Olfella x 5
    23. ssingleton x 3
    24. Dhans x 5
    25. fad x 5
    26. Doc x 5
    27. himynameisbunny x5
    28. oznewbie x5
    29. jay8354 x5

Tarks Wick Aka Mod n world. Quantity is not much of an issue here as it will not really increase shipping costs. However final available amount will depend on what Tark has available when I contact him. If you do not want to wait you can order some directly.

1. bronco x10 Shipped
    2. luntingsir x10 [B]Shipped/B]
    3. conner83 x5 PACKED AND READY TO SHIP
    4. Meeuwsy x10 $10.00 ON HOLD
    5. Hellfish x10 PACKED AND READY TO SHIP
    6. Adam x3 PACKED AND READY TO SHIP
    7. Greg x3 PACKED AND READY TO SHIP
    8. toddish x10 Shipped
    9. laurie9300 x10 Shipped
    10. eTama x5 PACKED AND READY TO SHIP
    11. Unik x5 Shipped
    12. ckane x5 shipped
    13. Gresh x2 PACKED AND READY TO SHIP
    14. Bodiseifer x10 Shipped
    15. urecia x10 Shipped
    16 The Sodd x3 Shipped
    17 bugzme x5 Shipped
    18 jokoleyticus x 10 PACKED AND READY TO SHIP
    19 decadent666 x 5 Shipped
    20. Kronikabis x 10 $10.00 PACKED AND READY TO SHIP
    21 pacboy x 10 Shipped
    22. avtek x3 Shipped
    23. bikam0wz x 10 Shipped
    24. suspect x 5 $5.00
    25. Olfella x 10 Shipped
    26. ssingleton x 3 $3.00
    27. Dhans x 5 Shipped
    28. fad x 10 Shipped
    29. Doc x 10 PACKED AND READY TO SHIP
    30. himynameisbunny x10 Shipped
    31. oznewbie x5 $5.00
    32. jay8354 x 10 PACKED AND READY TO SHIP
    33. Gruffy's Shipped

Medline Sterile Cotton. $3.50 for a glad bag 22cm x 25cm stuffed to the brim which was the most I could fit into a 500gram Parcel Post / Express post bag. 3KG will fit 2 x 22cm x 25cm bags and 5k may fit as many as 4.

1. lheamfrg x 2 Shipped
    2. conner83 x2 Packed and ready to ship
    3. Adam x1 Pending More Sterile
    4. Hellfish x1 Packed and ready to ship
    5. Greg x1 Pending More Sterile
    6. laurie9300 x1 Shipped
    7. eTama x1 Paid and Pending More Sterile
    8. Meeuwsy x1 ON HOLD
    9. ckane x1 Shipped
    10. Gresh x2 $7.00 Paid and Pending More Sterile
    11. urecia x1 Shipped
    12 The Sodd x 1 Shipped
    13 bugzme x1 Shipped
    14 jokoleyticus x 1 Paid and Pending More Sterile
    15 decadent66 x 2 Shipped
    16 Kronikabis x 1 $3.50 Paid and Pending More Sterile
    17 pacboy x 2 Shipped
    18 spawn_8 x2 Shipped
    19. avtek x 1 Shipped
    20. bikam0wz x 1 Shipped
    21. FOCharlie X2 Shipped
    22. Domo x1 Paid and Pending More Sterile
    23. Olfella x 1 Shipped
    24. ssingleton x 1 $3.50
    25. Dhans x 1 [B]Shipped/B]
    26. fad x2 Shipped
    27. Doc x 1 Paid and Pending More Sterile
    28. launching_rs6 x2 Shipped
    29. himynameisbunny x1 Shipped
    30. oznewbie x1 $3.50
    31. Sushisnap x 2 $7.00 Paid and Pending More Sterile
    32. jay8354 x 2 Paid and Pending More Sterile
    33. eatingsurreal x1 Shipped
    34. Gruffy's Shipped

Its also important to note. This will not be a pre-payment type co-op unless the value exceeds $200. Once I have a decent amount of interest I will pay for it and then once it has arrived I will then send a payment request. All payments will be goods via paypal.

The speed at which it is sent to co-op participants will depend on the amount of orders and how many cadets (helpful volunteers) I get that can help with the distribution.

To be clear, this is not an alibaba co-op of clone vape gear. It's not going to ship out at the fastest rate possible from hong kong and it's freight from the U.S due to the cotton roll size, but I and my helpful volunteers will do the best as we can.

If you have any suggestions of places that you know will sell sterile cotton locally to the general public or organic cotton then please let me know

Thanks,

Sam
    Last edited by soth; 13-11-13 at 12:47 PM.
    bugzme and MrGruffy like this.

AVF Regular
    This will take the longest to obtain and to be shipped so it may be worth shipping separately if you are ordering sterile cotton wool or tark's wick which will arrive much sooner.

.... and so on

Tarks Wick Aka Mod n world. Quantity is not much of an issue here as it will not really increase shipping costs. However final available amount will depend on what Tark has available when I contact him. If you do not want to wait you can order some directly

.... and so on

Medline Sterile Cotton. $3.50 for a glad bag 22cm x 25cm stuffed to the brim which was the most I could fit into a 500gram Parcel Post / Express post bag. 3KG will fit 2 x 22cm x 25cm bags and 5k may fit as many as 4.

1. lheamfrg x 2

AVF Regular
    Can u put me down for 10m of both Organic and tarks please on phone hard to copy list.

AVF Regular

1. bronco x5 (as per limit)
    2. luntingsir x5

.... and so on

Tarks Wick Aka Mod n world. Quantity is not much of an issue here as it will not really increase shipping costs. However final available amount will depend on what Tark has available when I contact him. If you do not want to wait you can order some directly

1. bronco x10
    2. luntingsir x10

.... and so on

1. lheamfrg x 2
    Last edited by luntingsir; 21-10-13 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Added bronco's request

AVF Regular
    Organic Pinoy Cotton. This will take the longest to obtain and to be shipped so it may be worth shipping separately if you are ordering sterile cotton wool or tark's wick which will arrive much sooner.

1.conner83 x 5

.... and so on

1. conner83 x5

.... and so on

1. lheamfrg x 2
    2. conner83 x2

why not try it all

Organic Pinoy Cotton. This will be the most difficult to obtain in a bulk quality so please don't put 50 meters as it's not going to be practical at this point. For the time being this is capped at 5 meters per person. If you do not want to wait you can buy it directly from myvape.in's website, however it is $3.50USD a meter .

2. luntingsir x5
    3. Coner 83 x5
    4. Meeuwsy x5

.... and so on

1. bronco x10
    2. luntingsir x10
    3. Conner83 x5
    4. Meeuwsy x5

.... and so on

1. lheamfrg x 2
    2. Conner 83 x2
    3. Meeuwsy

Guess I didn't make it into the "reserve list" haha so going to have to order all 3.
    Last edited by Meeuwsy; 21-10-13 at 08:52 PM.

AVF Regular
    Meeuwsy, you kicked Connor

who in turn kicked Bronco and Luntingsir
    Meeuwsy likes this.

AVF Regular
    re-upped as I ninja'd connor83 and Meeuwsy

2. luntingsir x5
    3. conner83 x5
    4. Meeuwsy x5

.... and so on

1. bronco x10
    2. luntingsir x10
    3. conner83 x5
    4. Meeuwsy x10

.... and so on

1. lheamfrg x 2
    2. conner83 x2
    3. Meeuwsy x1
    lheamfrg likes this.

AVF Regular
    Organic Pinoy Cotton. This will be the most difficult to obtain in a bulk quality so please don't put 50 meters as it's not going to be practical at this point. For the time being this is capped at 5 meters per person. If you do not want to wait you can buy it directly from myvape.in's website, however it is $3.50USD a meter .

1. Meeuwsy x5
    2. Hellfish x5

.... and so on

1. Meeusy x10
    2. Hellfish x10

.... and so on

1. lheamfrg x 2
    2. Meeuwsy
    3. Hellfish x1

Guess I didn't make it into the "reserve list" haha so going to have to order all 3.[/QUOTE]

AVF Regular
    Crap! Sorry peeps

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast