Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Expression of Interest for Sony VCT5

AVF Regular
    Hey mate I can vouch for these Samsungs: 3.7V 2500mAh 18650 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery ( INR18650 - 25R )-15.49 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com if you are prepared to wait a few weeks they're good. Lots of reviews.

Or https://www.fasttech.com/products/1420/10002357/2706600 with (probably) slightly faster shipping.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    INR18650- 25R for $15?!

I was selling them for $5.65.....

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurkin View Post
    INR18650- 25R for $15?!

I was selling them for $5.65.....
    That is for 4. Not each Works out to around US$3.75 each so slightly cheaper than what you were selling yours for.
    Last edited by Tara; 12-12-15 at 01:35 AM.
    steve.c and Mr Young like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara View Post
    That is for 4. Not each Works out to around US$3.75 each so slightly cheaper than what you were selling yours for.
    They're fine! Except for they're from annoying GB

AVF Regular
    Most VTC5 batteries are fake as sony has not been manufacturing these for awhile.
    Despite people thinking the VTCs were 30amp continuous, it is only the lower 1600mAh VTC3s that were.
    The 2100mAh VTC4s are 20amp continuous with a pulse up to 30amps
    The higher 2600mAh VTC5s [good chance being fake now] 20amp continuous and pulse safely to only 25amps.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ety-Grades.pdf

AVF Regular
    I thought they only stopped making them temporarily while they relocated their plants from Japan?
    Who knows, there are so many stories and rumours out there but there are a lot of reputable vendors that are confident they are selling
    authentics. Going on what I've seen and read over time I'm inclined to believe they are being manufactured again.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara View Post
    I thought they only stopped making them temporarily while they relocated their plants from Japan?
    Who knows, there are so many stories and rumours out there but there are a lot of reputable vendors that are confident they are selling
    authentics. Going on what I've seen and read over time I'm inclined to believe they are being manufactured again.
    My belief is sony is manufacturing them again but only for large OEM companies to solder these for laptop, battery drill packs and the like where several of the 18650s are soldered together.
    My understanding is that Sony does not like people using these as a single 18650 battery for vaping and do not want any liability should something happen when using one 18650 on its own.
    So yes, authentic VTC5's are around and at the same time a lot of fakes are around also.
    Personally, i have moved away from the sony's as newer and better batteries can be found now.

AVF Regular
    Yeah there is a letter that is going around that reads to that effect but weather its fake or not is another thing.
    I agree there are other options nowadays so its not a huge deal.....but there are fakes around of everything so
    you still need to be careful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12