Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Cooling Agent

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by maxsmd View Post
    Oh dear, sorry to hear such terrible news.
    My condolences !
    Thanks. He was 94. A Milne Bay vet, and a tough old boy who battled cancer for the last 20 years. Like the saying about old soldiers he just faded away. He *never* gave up. .303 deafness, so many skin grafts he looked like a jigsaw puzzle by the end, two frozen shoulders 'cause he wore them out with hard work. He could still laugh (but you had to watch closely to see it)

They didn't make too many like him.

The stories...
    He rang up one Sunday morning and we chatted about his vegetables. He said he'd just dug the potatoes out (if you've never dug potatoes up, it's damn hard work, I did some for him once and I was knackered after doing one meter). He then mentioned that the reason he'd rung was to let us know he was going into hospital the next day for a Hernia operation.

Just before he got the pacemaker fitted he went to get the next round of skin cancers (labourer most of his life) checked and the doctor looked at his record and told him a man his age aught to be on SOME medication. I guess they don't like it when you're 90 and not on any permanent medication LOL

Two rounds of radiotherapy and the lymph nodes removed from above his left eyebrow, round behind his ear, and down into his neck. Tough bugger, most people really would have given up.

Oh, and he *never* smoked, even in the army.
    Crisscross and maxsmd like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    My condolences....they dont make men like they use too!
    My mates dad is in his 80's... drinks a bottle of scotch every few day and on top of that smokes like a chimney! Seriously dont know how he is still alive!
    No rush for me on the powder..best for summer vape anyways

AVF Regular
    Hey I realise this is a old thread, and most likely isn't going ahead.... But I'm in if it does.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ywfbi View Post
    Hey I realise this is a old thread, and most likely isn't going ahead.... But I'm in if it does.
    Yeah, we only got about half way.

I also couldn't get a local supplier interested in stocking the powder either. They either wanted me to buy the kilo anyway (which I could already have done) or buy their already mixed version at the usual price that equates to up $20 per gram.

I'm not against trying again some time in the future because it is one of the most expensive concentrates. The raw ingredient is not the cheapest, but it's not $20 per gram either.

I thought about going ahead with the purchase, then selling the surplus in the classies at a later date.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456