Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Co-op possible guidelines discussion

Co-op possible guidelines discussion

I think we might have to intoduce new guidelines for future co-ops and bring in a little more open-ness to the way they are run, I am slightly miffed ay paying $17 ? postage on 4 attys, I could join the ecf co-op for these and acttually get them posted internationally from the US for slightly less than this co-op.
    all the costs are broken down to the cent over there, the atty cost on 150 units including shipping to the US comes in at $10.05 each atty. add PP charges and the like and 4 attys shipped over there is around $50.

don't get me wrong, I am happy enough getting 4 tanks for $75 or whatever it was and I want to see these continue, but we should be able to identify what is cost and what is 'handling fees' up front. I don't begrudge krit pocketing some bucks for the effort, I think its pretty much as easy to handle an order for 1 and an order for 5 for same total cost per person, not per unit. I would have prefered the cheaper postage option to be offered, we need to get the form/spreadsheet system they are using working here. It would really help.

I am verified over at ecf, you need to be to see the coop threads.
    i will copy most of the organisation post and cost breakdown later FYI.
    Noe, Hairy-mic and Pete like this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    It makes it hard as far as how you spread the shipping cost from China to Australia. In my mind it's fairer to charge per item rather than per person since technically it's the weight/size rather than how many people are in the co-op that increases postage.

But it is a difficult thing and something I have struggled with in my co-op. Since I had no idea if I would get slugged extra fees for converting the remaining money from $USD to $AUD (since I got everyone to pay USD to make the transfer to China easier). I'm also only doing Express Post because A.) It's trackable, B.) It's cheaper to only offer one type (since I will be buying bulk envelopes) C.) It's marginally easier than having to tally up what envelopes you will need rather than just knowing it's 17.

Having said that I've tried to be super transparent in where the cash is going and have listed the costs for each stage (cost per unit + 5% paypal fee + shipping from China to Aus + 2.4% and $.30 cents Paypal fee (according to Paypal that's the fee per purchase and I asked/expected to people to do it as a purchase rather than a gift)+ shipping from me to each buyer). Only places I may have ended up ahead was in shipping (my original quote was for $75 to send 21 units, but more people jumped on after the price was set which led to 26 costing $81 which brought postage down from $3.50 to 3.15). I also hit everyone up for a nominal amount (under 50 cents) to pay for some bubble wrap and just in case any other cost suddenly popped up.

But I would actually feel more comfortable if there was some way to make everyone aware of each cost and stuff. Everyone seems cool but I feel bad that I could end up pocketing money from doing this since it wasn't my intention (albeit I think it might work out at 50 cents per order or something, besides those that paid extra as a thanks). It's like when you are visiting someone and they lose money, nobody accuses you but you feel guilty even though you didn't take it. Especially when it works out at like double the unit cost to purchase and then mail them.

All of this is totally off-topic I realise, but since I guess we are now talking co-ops in general figured I should post here.

Of course each atty should share a total of the shipping cost to get to Aus, I just think full disclosure so people know exactly where they stand, also other co-ops then have a guide as to what each stage will cost and see if the organiser is being ripped off on charges also.

Its a lot of work, I know this, I appreciate everything krit is doing here and I have no issues with the organisers being paid for this work within reason, I think these costs should pretty much be spread around each member though, not each device. Something in the order of 5 to $10 per person, this is outside of all other costs, its purely payment for the time and paperwork and ultimately envelope stuffing and standing in lines at the PO involved. a true handling fee..
    The first quotations for the aga-T where around $12 per unit from memory, then a request for closer to $20 each arrives with no prior warning. I think this could be handled better.

I also know there are always unexpected charges, so perhaps a small buffer should be built in, it adds litte to each persons cost but gives the organiser a little room to move. Then there is the question of duty and whether its payable or not. I just received a $600 3d printer and was fully expecting duty, nothing .. so it can be vague as to when its due i think.

re postage, well it should be doable to ship as per buyers request, some may want express platinum delivered by trained carrier pigeon, others are happy to wait for an australia post rowboat, if its all documented in a spreadsheet then knowing how many of each type of envelope to buy is not tricky.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    The only thing though is postage can be much cheaper to do it all by one method. Because I will be buying 10 x 2 or 10+5+2 express envelopes it will end up being cheaper or relatively close to the price you would pay for standard postage ($7.45 standard-$9.07 express). I personally would rather eat the difference myself (which isn't really fair) so that if they do go missing or take ages to arrive people are 100% sure it is no fault of mine. <$2.00 is a small price for a little piece of mind.

Plus I am gambling that three mods will weigh under 500 grams which is a big if, otherwise I will be paying the difference to send them in a larger parcel. All up the postage has been the biggest pain in the bum since there isn't an actual set price. It all depends on how many people are in and then gambling on weight. But paying full postage for each item does seem a bit weird.

AVF Regular
    500 grams is a fair old weight btw

then the bulk purchase works in your favour, quote on the maximum price .. if you can score a saving somewhere, thats a win for you. Things like a blowout on a postage cost due to weight for one or two items is no big deal, either wear it as part of the $5 per person (or whatever) cost .. or send thru a request for the dosh if you deem it necessary, even gifted will be no big deal as the address is known.
    generally the weight can be pretty well deduced before delivery, usually the freight weight is known or can be requested. part of the chasing up for detail process..

for comparision .. here is the current active aga-t thread on ECF .. I may have to delete this, so peruse quickly..

AGA-T & Extra Clear Tank CO-OP

AGA-T & Extra Clear Tank CO-OP

DISCLAIMER:
    CO-OPs are buyer beware. If a CO-OP goes bad, there is nothing ECF staff can do to help you. Seizure of shipment is a possibility and will not be considered the fault of the organizer. Unfortunately you will have to chalk it up to a loss. If you feel you have been defrauded, feel free to contact j0ker. CO-OPs are not considered an ECF activity nor approved by ECF. ECF does review all CO-OPs before posting but this is in no way shape or form of liability. The review is only meant to verify the CO-OP is in compliance to rules established in the CO-OP section. ONLY participate in a CO-OP if you are willing to accept total loss.

What is the item(s) in the CO-OP?
    AGA-T & Extra Clear Tank

Please describe the CO-OP as detailed as possible
    THIS CO-OP IS FULL,HOWEVER,BACKUPS ARE BEING TAKEN UNTILL ALL UNITS ARE PAID FOR

PRICES ARE AS FOLLOWS
    150 aga-t @ 8.50=1275.00+157.25 (ship)+71.40(fees)=1503.65/150=10.02 each
    185 clear tanks@ 1.20=222.00+27.75(ship)+12.60(fees)=262.35/185=1.42 each

NO CLEAR TANKS CAN BE ORDERED WITHOUT PURCHASING AN AGA-T

THE LIMIT IS 5 AGA-T & 5 EXTRA CLEAR TANKS PER MEMBER TO DICOURAGE RESALES

LINK TO THE ORDER FORM
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FOcmc6MA#gid=0

LINK TO THE SPREADSHEET
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...EQmFOcmc#gid=0

I do not imply any type of warranty. If you have problems with an item, please contact me and I will give you the vendor's contact information. It is up to the buyer to send the item back for replacement. All fees and shipping associated with said item, is at the expense of the buyer who purchased from co-op organizer.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE ECIGS OR ECIG RELATED STUFF TO BE MENTIONED ON THE PAYMENT INVOICE. NO USERNAMES ON THE INVOICE ..PLEASE

Please make sure your address is correct. I will not be held liable for packages lost after leaving my hands due to incorrect addresses...I print postage from the payment source,tracking will be provided
    ONCE IT LEAVES MY HANDS...IT'S OUT OF MY HANDS......

There won't be any hot swapping. Once you are committed, and make the payment, they will be sent to YOU. If you don't want them, then it will be up to you to sell them off for NO MORE THAN THE CO-OP PRICE YOU PAID..Please Make your mind up BEFORE PLACING AN ORDER that you want these.

ORDERS ARE ONLY TAKEN FROM THE ORDER FORM.Changes are only made from the order form.If you need to change your order,you must fill out the form again with the new TOTAL of all items you wish to request..the old order will be deleted & replaced entirely with the new one...yeah I know,Im picky.LOL..I want the time stamp on each order

THE BACKUP LIST WILL BE MANAGED AS FOLLOWS

if you are on the backup list and an item comes avaiable,you get 1st choice to except it.

if you want 2/or more and only 1 is available,you may except the 1 or wait till 2/more are available (pm will be sent)24 hour deadline to answer

if you except the 1 and another becomes available,it will be offered to the next in line,not you.

if you are on the backup list for 2/or more and you turn down the offer to move into the co-op with less,you will hold your place in line waiting for the full qty you requested to become available.

the effort here is to get at least 1 to each member that would like to participate.I did it different in my last co-op and it was a HUGE P.I.T.A. to keep track of the way I did it.

if you are in the co-op already and would like to pass along an item to a friend,you need to get that friend to enter an order and when his/her name is next in line,that would be the time to give up an item.I want to be as fair as posible and I want you to be able to help a particular buddy if that is your desire,but I want everyone on the backup list to be treated fairly,so I will not take one of yours and give it someone of your choice...sorry

THERE WILL BE NO OFFERS OF TRADES OR SALES IN THIS CO-OP THREAD...PLEASE...THIS WILL ONLY CAUSE A FREEFORALL OF TRADING AND RESALES WHICH ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED

Image Links
    images below

Maximum Quantity
    150 AGA-T.......185 Extra Clear Tank

How much per item (or group of items):
    SEE CO-OP DESCRIPTION ABOVE

What members will receive:
    AGA-T ATOMIZER & EXTRA CLEAR TANK WHEN ORDERED

SPARE PARTS BAG INCLUDING O-RINGS POLE NUTS & CLEAR POLE INSULATORS ARE FREE WITH EACH AGA-T..(THIS IS A PROMISE MADE BY THE SUPPLIER,NOT ME)

How will item be shipped to participant?
    USPS Prority small flat rate box w/tracking

Payment from participant will be via?
    I WILL SEND EACH MEMBER AN INVOICE..IT MUST BE PAID WITHIN 24 HOURS FROM THE TIME I SEND IT

What countries is the CO-OP available to?
    ALL COUNTRIES WHERE THESE ARE LEGAL OR NOT BANNED.IF YOUR COUNTRY HAS A BAN ON THESE ITEMS I WILL NOT SHIP THEM TO YOU.I WILL NOT SHIP THEM IF I HAVE KNOWLEDE THAT WILL END UP IN A COUNTRY WHERE THEY ARE BANNED OR OTHEWISE ILLEGAL....YOU WILL BE AT THE MERCY OF THE CUSTOMS OF YOUR COUNTRY..THEY WILL BE LISTED AS WHAT THEY ARE(PV-ACCESSORY/ATOMIZER) AND THE VALUE WILL BE MARKED AS WHAT YOU ACTUALY PAID

Terms Of Use:

Terms
    Yes
    Attached Thumbnails

Quote Originally Posted by Hairy-mic View Post
    500 grams is a fair old weight btw

yup, 3 provaris would just do it i think..

With the Ucan Coop, plan to calculate the total shipping from China by number of Cans and then shipping from me to you per postage.
    I don't plan to skim anything at all as once the coop closes the total costs are identified, calculated and paid for.
    Just a bit of fun, helping everyone out and saving Krit from the work.
    Happy to abide by any agreement as long as they are democratic.

If we fall short of 70 and price goes up, I have no issue cancelling it before I ask for any payment if that's what the members decide

AVF Regular
    I think transparency is good, but lets not penny pinch and worry to much if the organisers make a buck or two per item, and just want to make sure they cover their costs, because its the first time they run one
    Last edited by Mickg33; 03-11-12 at 03:23 PM.
    Stomp, studiovape and davee like this.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast