Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Capella vanilla custard

Capella vanilla custard

Just had some arrive. I was pretty excited as I absolutely loved the vanilla custard that mrsgruffy sent me (her brew).

This tastes nothing like it. It's just doesn't have the creaminess or sweetness.

Does it need a sweetener or a higher concentration? I made this at 18% in a 75:25 PG:VG mix. Fortunately I only made a 4ml test batch.

Any suggestions?

I only mix it at 5%, and add a little EM, or sweetener.
    marty likes this.

The creaminess doesn't come out till its steeped. 2-4 weeks

AVF Regular
    Yeah can't say I'm a fan I have about 60ml mixed and another full 10ml bottle of the concentrate. Can't see myself vaping it any time soon.
    I j st vape it when I ran out of other juices for backup.

Retired Account
    Dalmas, put it in the back of the drawer and forget about it for a couple of weeks, after you make it up. It does need a bit of time to stew.

AVF Regular
    Chuck 1 drop of ethyl maltal in for each ml.
    Im mucking around at the moment adding extra vanilla and a touch of butterscotch in 17% vanilla custard.
    Steeping is a must for this flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by davee View Post
    I only mix it at 5%, and add a little EM, or sweetener.
    I can't taste any flavours at 5%. I guess I like strong flavours. I mix almost all my juice at 15% plus.

Quote Originally Posted by arth_d View Post
    Yeah can't say I'm a fan I have about 60ml mixed and another full 10ml bottle of the concentrate. Can't see myself vaping it any time soon.
    I j st vape it when I ran out of other juices for backup.
    I really like sweet flavours. My main vape is butterscotch. Any reason why you don't like it arth_d?

Yep, I'll definitely let one steep once I get it right but I don't really want to put away a 4ml batch to stew then have to wait another 3 weeks for a 30ml bottle to be ready.
    Last edited by Dalmas; 27-02-13 at 10:17 PM.

Are you just mixing flavours then vaping them or steeping them for 4 days then vaping?

It should take about 2-4 weeks to perfect a flavour. You need to see what it does over time.

For instance I'm trying to make a perfect apple pie recipe. Yesterday it was all apple and today it's all crust and cinnamon

I also have a new recipe in the makings called "pink stuff" its actually pink in colour. It's filled with summer fruit flavours which will make all the senses go mad!
    Last edited by neofelis; 27-02-13 at 10:24 PM.
    bugzme, Itsmerobyn and Roxxiiangel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by neofelis View Post
    Are you just mixing flavours then vaping them or steeping them for 4 days then vaping?

It should take about 2-4 weeks to perfect a flavour. You need to see what it does over time.

For instance I'm trying to make a perfect apple pie recipe. Yesterday it was all apple and today it's all crust and cinnamon

I also have a new recipe in the makings called "pink stuff" its actually pink in colour. It's filled with summer fruit flavours which will make all the senses go mad!
    Mix a tiny batch, shake the bejeebers out of it, chuck the bottle in the ultrasonic cleaner for a couple of cycles to vibrate the bejeebers out of it then try a some on the dripping atty. With most I have made you get a sense for where it will go. This just seems much more bland than most.

5% Ethyl malto added and steep. It will be pretty good after that I reckon.

RC
    abl86 likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast