Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Question about flavouring essence PG for mixing

Question Question about flavouring essence PG for mixing

Today I went to Asian supermarket and bought a bottle of flavouring essence.

flavouring_essence.jpg

Ingredients mention on the bottle are:
    Propylene Glycol, Water, Artificial Flavour, Ethanol, Sunset Yellow FCF, Tartrazine E102.

Can anyone advise whether it is okay to mix with VG to vape?
    Thank you.

AVF Regular
    percentages of each ingrediant please?
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

@izmali it didn't say any percentages :-(

AVF Regular
    im not entirely sure of the last three ingrediants being safe to vape
    Mushman likes this.
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

Retired Account
    Izmali, it won't tell you that on the bottle.
    However, it does list the ingredients with the largest to the smallest amount in the bottle.
    I tried to vape many of the Queens essences ($1 per bottle in the supermarket) but they really weren't much chop.
    They were too weak to have enough flavour. I mixed it to about 50% flavouring and 50% pg/vg nicotine, and it still didn't give me a flavour.
    You have to try for yourself. Start by using 5% and work your way up in 5% increments.
    It's most likely not going to be good for vaping, but then again, it could be.

If it turns out to be yummy banana flavour for vaping, please let us know where you got it!!
    keyboardmama likes this.

@mrsgruffy

I tried with 10% of that flavour with 90% of PG/VG nicotine. It gave me a good flavour. But a bit watery, and strong smell. So that I'm not sure it is also safe to vape. I only know which is to use one or two drops when we bake banana cake.

There is a huge list of additives on ECF I think, and I can't find the link now, but it tells you what additives in flavours are safe to vape and what to steer clear of.

Someone here might have ready access to it, but I will look tomorrow when the computer and myself are not so tired. Was a very informative list.
    Robray likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by keyboardmama View Post
    There is a huge list of additives on ECF I think, and I can't find the link now, but it tells you what additives in flavours are safe to vape and what to steer clear of.

Someone here might have ready access to it, but I will look tomorrow when the computer and myself are not so tired. Was a very informative list.
    Thank you. I'm awaiting for it.

I bought and tried a couple of Queens flavours today. I'm thrilled. Nice tasty vapor. Only three (listed) ingredients. Supposedly natural. At $1 a piece? Cheering. Keep in mind I vaped it straight. The first ingredient is glycerine anyway (prefer VG juices anyway), followed by natural flavour, and then water. Reads like the ingredients list of good natural ejuice IMO. No alcohol in this one (strawberry) so I don't know how they are preserving it but i'll question after I've had sone time enjoying a juice that FINALLY works for me. And at $1 from a supermarket...craziness. Bought the coconut too, also with no alcohol. Will try that tomorrow.

AVF Regular
    The biggest problem with things like Queens Essence is the colourings and oils

Colourings are an unknown and unnecessary risk but that aside atomisers and cartos live longer with lighter coloured juices
    Oils don't vape they burn -- enough said

Way back when I started, I too quickly found Queens Essence, I usually keep a bottle of it in my handbag to show people the ingredients while I list the ingredients in my e-cig and then explain that low colour or no colour is better suited to the device. The familiar little bottle that lives in most pantries is automatically viewed as safe so people quickly make the link to the vapour being acceptably safe to bystanders. Non-combusted nicotine it's self is not a big cancer threat, that is why products like Nicorette are not plastered with cancer warnings. Those 2 things usually satisfy the type of questioner that says "Well if its not smoke what is it? I saw something about them being poisonous in the news"

Anyway seeing as Queens is a local company here in Brisbane I jumped on the phone to see if it was possible to buy the flavourings before the colour was added. Sadly they said, no it is not and that the colouring is crucial ingredient to achieving the flavour

The only essence I bothered trying was a commercial bottle of Queens Concentrated Vanilla Essence and even though it was a concentrate it was still too watered down to make a decent flavoured vape

We do have vendors here in Australia that sell Flavour Art concentrates, that are designed for our needs, or of course you can always buy from them direct.

IMO the less "unknowns" and additives in our juice the less chance we have of things going horribly wrong in years to come...

Today's kids have lollies like Atomic Sours but when I was a kid the sour fad was a dried fruit known as salted plumbs, they got banned due to heath risks from the red colouring.... so yes it really could be an issue
    Mushman likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast