Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: capella recipes

capella recipes

so today i decided to revisit some diy i had done back in January with capella flavourings. some need some tweaking and ive mainly just used single flavours to test how strong they r first.
    Now one mix i havent been able to put down is cinnamon danish swirl at 12 %, yum yum yum,

some of the other recipes ive done is

capella vanilla custard 12%
    ethyl maltol 1%
    it aint strong enough, gonna try 18% vc

capella strawberries and cream 20%
    needs more, gonna try 25%

Capella banana split 12%
    needs more, gonna try 18%

capella sweet strawberry 15%
    needs more, gonna try 20%

Capella choc fudge brownie 8%
    tasted great when dripped, not so great in my carto, need some more experimentation

yes i like strong flavours
    so any recipes or feedback or even bad concoctions, pls share

Retired Account
    lozza, try a bit of fairy floss with your vanilla custard

I still haven't got the Cap vanilla custard right. Currently at 15% VC with 5% Ethyl malto. Not creamy enough and still a bit chemically tasting TBH.

Capella Choc fudge brownie seems right for me. My current mix is Capella Choc fudge brownie @ 13%, Capella Peanut butter @ 1%, TPA Sweet Cream @ 2% and Ethyl Malto @ 5%.

Everything is mixed at 70:30 | PG:VG @ 16mg in our house

Fairy Floss, Mrs Gruffy? Is that your secret ingredient? I'm still trying to create that awesome VC you sent me but haven't revealed the recipe. I suspect you are trying to get us hooked then, BAM! Out comes the 20ltr drum and the jacked up prices :P
    Last edited by Dalmas; 28-03-13 at 07:42 PM.
    margyb, lozza 82 and MrGruffy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsgruffy View Post
    isnt fairy floss the same as ethyl maltol ?

Quote Originally Posted by mrsgruffy View Post
    What % are you mixing your VC at mrsgruffy?
    I'm finding %5 plenty for my taste..

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmas View Post
    I still haven't got the Cap vanilla custard right. Currently at 15% VC with 5% Ethyl malto. Not creamy enough and still a bit chemically tasting TBH.

Capella Choc fudge brownie seems right for me. My current mix is Capella Choc fudge brownie @ 13%, Capella Peanut butter @ 1%, TPA Sweet Cream @ 2% and Ethyl Malto @ 5%.

Fairy Floss, Mrs Gruffy? Is that your secret ingredient? I'm still trying to create that awesome VC you sent me but haven't revealed the recipe. I suspect you are trying to get us hooked then, BAM! Out comes the 20ltr drum and the jacked up prices :P
    the vanilla custard i made was so week tasting and yeah like a chemically sort of taste. I might try adding some EM to the fudge brownie that might help, thanks.
    All my mixes r 70/30 pg/vg at 6mg

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalmas View Post

I've cut down to about 4ml a day of mrsGruffy's custard, alternated with a random 4-6ml of everything else. Smooth, rich, sweet, yummmmm.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lozza 82 View Post
    isnt fairy floss the same as ethyl maltol ?
    I would like to know too ??

Retired Account
    See, that's the thing. I don't really have recipes. I tweak something until I like it, doing the same thing proportionally to the bottle as I do to what I'm vaping. It's sort of a dash of this, a drop of that.. and that's the honest truth. I half fill my clearo to start so there's plenty of room to mess around with a flavour. It's a bit of a pain starting from scratch with every 30mL bottle I make, but then again, the concentrates change flavour from week to week. Some get stronger, some get weaker. I can't make head or tail of it, to be honest. There's no bloody consistency. Like last night, I started a new bottle of vanilla custard, and tweaked it, and then handed it over to MrG who had some of the last bottle still. It was just so much better than the last lot compared to what he had in the bottle. Perhaps as I get better at it, I'll be better able to record actual recipes. I'm very pleased with how my custard is progressing, but my coffee is disgusting. I just tipped out a 3.5mL tank full, after tweaking it and changing it, it got worse and worse, rather than better LOL

I really think you have to just experiment to your own taste. I have a lot of vanillas and custards and butterscotches and EM and fairy floss, which may or may not be the same as EM. I can taste a difference between the two. Sorry I can't be more helpful
    margyb likes this.

I'm almost certain that Cotton candy is the same as EM. Which if mixed at about %10 will give you Fairy Floss flavour.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast