Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Mixing lessons????

AVF Regular

Mixing lessons????

Just pondering the idea of whether some of the extraordinary mixologists here would be keen to capitalize on n00bs that want to learn about concentrates/Doublers/triplers/pg & vg levels/nic levels etc via a more hands on approach. Opportune time to try new flavours and devices also. Could approach vendors for samples etc

I'd pay to learn that's for sure. If it were my specialty if charge $50 per person per workshop.

CCC
    I think VapingCobra has something like that in the works.

AVF Regular
    Well lucky for those in the vicinity of Vaping Cobra lol. I was thinking something a little more underground lol.

Melbourne has the suckiest brick n mortar stores ive no hope gaining interest from them.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    I'd teach you fifth but the airfares might be more than $50 each way
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    If only someone would dedicate a couple of hours to drawing up some conversion tables.....how to weaken nic from 100mg to 48,36,24,18,12, etc etc

And another table to compare vendors nic prices, including shipping, broken down to price per ml. Prove we're getting ripped off by our trans-tasman brothers. lol.

Im bored enough, but hopeless at math etc.
    jen and Domo like this.

Retired Account
    I really hope that this isn't the way things go. It probably is the way of the world though. As soon as something new pops up, there are those who want to profit from it. Look at cupcakes! People are paying upwards of $100 for a 2 hour workshop on how to make and decorate cupcakes. Cupcake shops popping up everywhere.
    I'm no expert, and would never claim to be, but I can mix a decent flavour that works for me and MrGruffy.
    I'm happy also to share what I know with anyone who's interested, but I wouldn't dream of charging anyone for it.
    If you want to get into mixing, you'll need some micro pipettes and a few dripper atties.
    I have some pipettes I bought from Perfumer's Apprentice which were very cheap, and work out to approximately 80 drops per mL.
    So if you want to learn how to mix something nice for yourself, get a few things which manipulate flavours - ethyl maltol, tart and sour (Lorann) or Citric acid, menthol, koolada, caramel sweetener, flash, etc etc.
    Best way to learn? Take something which tastes like poo and turn it into icecream, drop by drop. Once you've done that, you will have a greater understanding of how flavours work together, and how those basic flavour enhancers work with various solutions.

I really hate the idea that individuals would need to start running workshops for profit.. surely we can help each other without making money out of it?
    margyb, Itsmerobyn, davee and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Yes everyone here has been very helpful so far, but my introduction to pvs was a f2f hands on demonstration, I personally would pay for such a tutorial. Perhaps im a minority though.

Im really only interested in making tobacco flavours.....do I need synthetic flavourings - and where would I get those?
    Last edited by fifthflo; 19-04-13 at 02:31 PM.

CCC
    Quote Originally Posted by fifthflo View Post
    If only someone would dedicate a couple of hours to drawing up some conversion tables.....how to weaken nic from 100mg to 48,36,24,18,12, etc etc
    Dont you use something like this? eJuice Recipe Calculator

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    Dont you use something like this? eJuice Recipe Calculator
    Oh, id never seen anything like it!!!
    CCC likes this.

I use Filbert's online calculator for working out how to dilute my nic for mixing.

Link to the post here
    fifthflo and Domo like this.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast