Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Concentrate help

Concentrate help

So I finally want to take the plunge and have a crack at mixing my own juice, and I think I can actually figure out the maths side of it (yay). But when I look at all the concentrates my head hurts and I don't know what to try mixing with, which brands of concentrate work, which ones taste like bum, what should I avoid like the plague. I want to start off ordering from Australia to keep costs down while I figure out what I'm doing.

I've seen Flavour Art, Perfumers Apprentice, Capella drops, i-mix and Lorann (I think I saw Lorann is actually for baking and can crack tanks easier?), are there any others out there I've missed from the local area?

I'm pretty sure I just want to make my house look like a a laboratory. I have had a sift through old posts but I couldn't find exactly what I was after, but help from the mixing gurus would be lovely

AVF Regular
    Hey Bleak.. I've had some success with one rule of thumb.... 2 drops concentrate per 1ml.. the hardest thing is letting it steep.. cause you're keen to try it and see how it taste.. so.. make some small batches up and try let it steep for a bit. Perfumers Apprentice Concentrates from Juicewhore are the absolute best.. absolute best!

Yasmin
    BleakOptimism likes this.

I get my concentrates from electroniccigarettelife.com.au. They are not bad @ $4 each, plus flat rate next day delivery which is a bonus
    BleakOptimism and eciglife like this.

Retired Account
    ecigmodshops super concentrated flavours. I just bought some this week, and they're really really good, so far. Haven't tried any of their tobacco flavours, just fruit and desserts
    davee and BleakOptimism like this.

Just remember BleakOptimism, all concentrates mix at different rates. Even different flavours in the same brand can all differ.

So when you order them, see if they have the info on the site as to how much to use, and use that as a starting point.

I use a lot of LorAnn, and it doesn't crack tanks any more than anything else. Sounds like a rumour put out by a competitor, because all these concentrates are made for the baking industry. It is flavour more than anything else that will crack tanks. I put up a list not too long ago on another thread about what flavours from what brands are suitable for vaping, but basically if you buy it from a ecig vendor it will be suitable for vaping. There is also a chart floating around for which concentrates/flavours may crack tanks.

It's really easy to do, just keep track of what you have put into a particular mix. Nothing worse than not writing it down, and wanting to make more cos it rocks, and you have no idea how to replicate it.

Good luck, it's a lot of fun.
    Mushman and BleakOptimism like this.

Here's a good site with plenty of recipes. The Vape Book
    Just be aware that some concentrates are different (ie. There's concentrates and then there's super concentrates). Just start with your percentages small and work up. Take plenty of notes.
    Good luck
    Last edited by Roguex2x; 24-04-13 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsgruffy View Post
    ecigmodshops super concentrated flavours. I just bought some this week, and they're really really good, so far. Haven't tried any of their tobacco flavours, just fruit and desserts
    The Tobacco flavours are really good too. Have some VZ concentrates too which are possibly Hangsen? Handy if you happen to get your nic from VZ.
    Mushman and BleakOptimism like this.

Thanks for all the info folks Looks like I'll just try a few of each brand and see how I go, and I have a nice new notebook given to me that I now know exactly what to do with!!! I saw a thread about flavours that crack tanks and it was pretty long, all this advice is very welcome. Once I have money again (come on NEXT payday), I'll grab a bunch and start experimenting, even ordered myself a dripping atty to experiment with. There will no doubt be more questions once I get into things.
    davee and keyboardmama like this.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    vapingcobra.com.au have a great range and lots of good info on their site.

I have found the Flavour Apprentice fruit flavours to be very nice.

For tobacco's you can't beat the EcigModShop super concentrates.

Happy mixing, it's great fun especially when you have a win
    Mushman, davee and BleakOptimism like this.

Get yourself the Pheonix clone from vaping cobra, I find that so much easier to use to test out juices than the standard dripping atties which for me are too messy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast