Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Safety, and creamy tastes

Cool Safety, and creamy tastes

Think Capella, TPA for sure, FA, FW, and quite a few other flavour producers sent something out, but don't have a clue where, saying they're safe enough. Take a walk next to a busy road, then worry about a tiny % of 15 or 20 %...

But what I was going to say was really that Dolce de Leche gives a lovely creamy taste , as does Bavarian Cream and there's Smooth too, which is just what the name says. The new Super Concentrated (like 2 to 5 % max) that they sell in the US of A have cream and vanilla, and need really a minimum of seeping - I seep for at least an hour with them - makes them great for last minute flavour adjustments. Although they're great on their own too, 'cept they tend to make you lazy. 3%, Nic, VG/PG, shake, vape, and they do some really niiiice flavours too. Great for beginners, as if you can measure 2 or 3% you can't go wrong, and if you do you can put it right, really easy...
    Does take a bit of fun out of mixing, but it is sooooo practical, if you just want to vape something in an hour (though some don't even wait an hour), even if they get better over a few days.

Good mixing, hopefully happy vaping, but most of all, HAVE FUN mixing your favourite flavours, and getting a whole new taste to vape
    Let Vapers decide on Vaping, it's our health in question, not anyone else's.

AVF Regular
    Diacetyl and "safe enough" don't belong in the same sentence in my opinion... but it's your health so it's your call. But if it was me I would be checking the ingredients to be sure they were Diacetyl free, even then there can be trace amounts so it becomes a judgement call for the individual. Once it does some damage there is no healing it, so "safe enough" is a big call to make. Last I read avoiding custard tones was best but flavours are lost on me so I stopped digging into it because it was no longer relevant to my vaping needs.
    Last edited by GirlyPantz; 06-05-13 at 09:23 AM.

Im vaping a Diacetyl flavour right now PA Butter.

For the record, I'm still alive
    grouse and jen like this.

AVF Regular
    I have some FA condensed milk flavouring coming in, it contains Diacetyl. The way I vape most of my cloud does not reach my lungs, so I am less worried about it being in my liquid at 5 or 10%. It's not an industrial sized amount.

It's important for newbie mixers and DIYers to have the information about Diacetyl and other possibly harmful ingredients so they can make an educated decision on whether or not they want to use it.
    GirlyPantz likes this.
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

AVF Regular
    I hadn't heard of diacetyl so I googled it. This is copied from the Wiki page.

The United States National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health has suggested diacetyl, when used in artificial butter flavoring (as used in many consumer foods), may be hazardous when heated and inhaled over a long period.

Workers in several factories that manufacture artificial butter flavoring have been diagnosed with bronchiolitis obliterans, a rare and serious disease of the lungs. The cases found have been mainly in young, healthy, nonsmoking males. Lung transplantation is the only known cure for bronchiolitis obliterans.

While several authorities have called the disease "popcorn worker's lung", a more accurate term suggested by other doctors may be more appropriate, since the disease can occur in any industry working with diacetyl: diacetyl-induced bronchiolitis obliterans.

In 2006, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters and the United Food and Commercial Workers petitioned the U.S. OSHA to promulgate an emergency temporary standard to protect workers from the deleterious health effects of inhaling diacetyl vapors.[8] The petition was followed by a letter of support signed by more than 30 prominent scientists.[9]
    That word, 'obliterans' is scary enough for me. I'll be emailing my juice supplier to ask if there is any of this stuff in the flavours I use. Even if the amounts are tiny, I'm chain-vaping all day (or I often do) -that's too much of a risk for me.
    Noe, GirlyPantz, Quom and 5 others like this.

AVF Regular
    So I email House of Liquids, since they are the ones I'm vaping like crazy at the moment. No diacetyl in those I'm happy to report.
    GirlyPantz and jen like this.

AVF Regular
    Ive been on no flavour for 5 days now. Its awesome.
    GirlyPantz likes this.

AVF Regular
    Really arth-D? Someone else mentioned vaping unflavoured recently, what's that about then?

AVF Regular
    There is an interesting thread going on over at the ecig subreddit about this subject.
    If anyone is interested in reading, head on over.
    Is Diacetyl a real threat to vapers? : electronic_cigarette
    JenJ likes this.
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by neofelis View Post
    Im vaping a Diacetyl flavour right now PA Butter.

For the record, I'm still alive
    And may you have many more days vaping that Neo Keep up the fight.

If I were you, I would go on it everyday just to prove everyone wrong.

Nothing sounds better than "I told you so"
    davee likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast