Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Cola steep time

Cola steep time

Hi

I'm a baby when it comes to vaping, a week old in fact.

Everything that I have seen on the net and from what I have been told has lead me to believe that as a general rule. The darker the juice, the longer you should leave it to steep for.

I made my first batches of e-juice yesterday. Made peach tea, black briar and apple pie from vapebar doublers. I made the peach tea 50/50 at 12mg and the black briar at 60/40 at 9.6mg. At first I though the peach was a little on the weak side, tried it again today and it is almost perfect. Not sure if it was just in my head or the extra day made a difference, but I am very happy with it. The black briar was a nice strength from the start. Happy with the taste of both. No issues there. Will more than likely make them 60/40 in the future. Both juices were clear, similar to a slightly viscous water. So I assumed they were good to go straight off the bat, and the results would back this up. No dramas. The apple pie I have not tried yet as it was slightly darker than the other two so I figured I'd let her sit for a while (+ only so many new flavours I can handle in 24hours without confusing my taste buds). The apple pie I made at 66/33 at 8mg. So I made a few different combos to see what I personally like.

I have however made my first mix using concentrates. The brand is LiQ e-juice. I figured I would experiment a little with this one. I have read contrasting things in regards to % of concentrate to use; and there was nothing written on the bottle to help me. Have seen everything from 5-20% recommended so I went with 15%. I used 7.5% Cola and 7.5% Cherry to combine to a total of 15%. The overall composition was 60/40 at 9.6mg (15% flavour conc'). The Cola con' was very dark, and subsequently the juice I have created is quite dark, darker than anything I have seen. So I assume this needs to sit for some time? As a general rule is it fair to assume that juice made with concentrates needs to steep longer than pre-made doublers? as it is my understanding that these doublers have already had some steeping time, in particular the e-cauldron doublers purchased from the vapebar? does this sound right?

So far enoying vaping a lot, even got my best mate onto it quick smart. Always fun to have a mate to share a 'hobby' with.

Great forum this, and cheers for any help that you guys can throw my way.

Alex
    lheamfrg likes this.

Banned (Never to return)
    Onya Alex

Front what I know of doubles, the darker the juice,the longer the steep.

The steep referring to the length of time for all components to blend together.

Doublers shelf time is not relevant

No idea about concentrate, hoping you can tell me when you work it out haha

Some people think that steeping is a load of bunkum.

Personally, I let everything steep at least 2 weeks, preferably 3-4 weeks.

I can taste the difference.

Yep, everyone seems to have different opinions. I think my best bet is to try a few different things and see what works for me.

That's the only way I guess ... Cherry cola sounds nice , be keen to hear how it goes for you

Will let ya know how I get on scotty.

Got anything interesting brewin'?

Not really , I have most of the juices vapebar has to offer , but haven't really venture outside of that . Some I love , some not so much but I do find them all vapeable . I am keen to start trying different stuff but nothing has really jumped out at me yet

I vape with cartos/tanks. And 90% of my juice are VK doublers/triplers. I have tasted and tried along the way but for my setup 4-6 weeks is the minimum for steeping. I don't regard colour at all, some of the juices don't turn, others quite a lot.
    "It's a Grower....Not a 'Shower'!!!" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Thanks for the reply Rylee.

I tried the cherry cola concoction. Doesn't really taste all that much like cherry cola. More like medicine. The strange this is, I actually quite like it. I think it would be amazing with a bit of mint/menthol. Which is what I'm going to add to the next batch.

Banned (Never to return)
    cherry cola always tasted like med's to me anyway

gives me an idea/question , anyone made/found a good root beer vape ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast