Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Flea

Thread: High % VG Mixing

High % VG Mixing

Hi All,

I'm new to mixing and after a few experiments with different commercial ready-made juices have come to the conclusion I am happier with higher VG levels. Currently I am generally mixing PG based flavour concentrate and PG based nic up to about 30% with 70% VG. (found I was getting a tight chest / sore throat with higher PG mixes).

I have read / heard that VG dulls the flavours to a certain degree. I have found that some flavours tend to be very muted while others are quite strong at the same % mix. I recently bought some Caramel Candy from VC and it seems that no matter how much I put in, I'm not getting the flavour (probably up to 25% flavour concentrate atm).

Just wondering what other users of high VG mixes tend to use as their average flavour concentration? (I know all tastes are different but just a guide as a starting point would be helpful)

Thanks,
    Paul

AVF Regular
    I would ring Charlie first and ask him. It depends on whats missing? Is it sweetness? There maybe something else you need to add to bring forth the flavour, though I am a 50/50 mix so I can't help out other than speak with the source I found his advice very helpful.

I now have pretty much everything I could want, next step is making my own mods and juices, watch this space er cadet....

I use 100% VG and most flavours are fine at 20% or lower.

AVF Regular
    As I still haven't recoverd my sense of taste after nearly three years of vaping,
    I mix all my concentrates at 20%, doesnt seem to help me much.

I've upped my mixes to 80/20% at 18mg.
    I still taste nothing.
    But I'm enjoying nothing.
    Megan, Toddosh and Olfella like this.

Thanks for the replies guys

bkb
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I use 100% VG with 20% vodka. Thins out the VG and gives a slight Throat Hit

AVF Regular
    I mix fairly high vg and mostly have used doublers up to this point (just got a couple of concentrates today that i'm keen to try). with a lot of doublers, I mix them as low as 20% rather than 50%, because otherwise I find the flavour too strong for me. it'll be really interesting for me to see if I need to only mix the concentrates at like 2% or something.

AVF Regular
    Paul I also use a 70/30 mix and Ive found that some flavours do take a while. Just sit it in a nice dark spot for a week or two and then come back to it.
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....

bkb
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Kay, If you use the high concentrate from ecigmod shop I find that 4% is plenty. Others 10%. Lot cheaper than doublers