Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CMB

Thread: Question about nic (again)

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,011

    Question about nic (again)

    I have seen alot of ppl here buy they're unflavoured nic at 100% PG level. My very first lot I bought I got made at 36mg 100%VG. I was wanting to make my next one I order at 24mg as I am comfortable and happy to vape at 12mg so this will make it easy for 1.1 most of the time. Problem is though, if I buy it in a PG only mix, most of my favourite doublers locally are only available in a 100% PG.
    I want ease of mixing, atm I am having to add PG or vg to the mix when doing it to bring it all down to 12mg, (would of course be easier if I vaped at 18mg). Question is, if I want ease of mixing, I should obviously stick with the VG mix but I am concerned a little about the quality issues some ppl have been talking about with the VG mixes versus the PG mixes! I dont have any allergies that would keep me vaping either so thats not a problem. Any ideas? I would really like to keep the mixing to 1.1 (just the nic and doubler)
    xo

  2. #2
    Retired Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NE Tasmania
    Posts
    4,375
    What ratio of pg:vg do you want your final liquid to be?
    The only reason I know that people would import their nicotine in pg rather than vg is because it is likely to stay fresher for a little longer.
    I know quite a few people do buy their nicotine with vg because they prefer to vape only vg.
    I would suggest that you buy your nicotine at 48mg and then put it in 2 bottles of 24mg/mL each.
    That way you can mix it with a doubler flavour 50:50 straight from the bottle and save yourself a few pennies as well.

  3. #3
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    17,417
    I buy 48mg pg. and dilute to 8mg. The problem with buying lower mg nic base is that it limits your ratio options. Why not buy both 24mg VG and 24mg PG. then you can always get to a ratio that works with your equipment

  4. #4
    CMB
    CMB is offline
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    SW WA
    Posts
    4,336
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsgruffy View Post
    The only reason I know that people would import their nicotine in pg rather than vg is because it is likely to stay fresher for a little longer.
    I thought PG would stay fresher too, however the other night I was listening to an old Vapelink episode where they had Kurt the chemist from ECF on. He was saying that because VG in the freezer is thicker than PG the Nic takes longer to break down as the molecules aren't moving about as much.
    Samtron likes this.

  5. #5
    Doc
    Doc is offline
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    546
    If you get 100mg in PG, you will be using so little you can get virtually any ratio you want. Except 100% VG obviously.
    If its got tits or tyres, you got problems.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,011
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsgruffy View Post
    What ratio of pg:vg do you want your final liquid to be?
    The only reason I know that people would import their nicotine in pg rather than vg is because it is likely to stay fresher for a little longer.
    I know quite a few people do buy their nicotine with vg because they prefer to vape only vg.
    I would suggest that you buy your nicotine at 48mg and then put it in 2 bottles of 24mg/mL each.
    That way you can mix it with a doubler flavour 50:50 straight from the bottle and save yourself a few pennies as well.
    My ratio can vary between 50/50 to 70/30 but I am happy to be on 50/50 if I was to be only using a nic and doubler to mix xo
    Last edited by bethydy; 18-07-13 at 09:17 PM. Reason: typo

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    I buy 48mg pg. and dilute to 8mg. The problem with buying lower mg nic base is that it limits your ratio options. Why not buy both 24mg VG and 24mg PG. then you can always get to a ratio that works with your equipment
    Jolly good idea B1, might do that then, so now the question, China or USA? :-) Will read the threads I think xo

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 06:23 AM.