Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Vaping Cobra's Concentrates???

Vaping Cobra's Concentrates???

Hi all,
    I was reading a bit about all these concentrates. I am very interested to see what a few drops here and there will do to switch up the flavour dimensions of a few bottles of "ass juice" I have laying around. Looking forward to experimenting with them and no doubt heading to the land of DIY.

Before placing an order I thought I'd stop by and get some feedback on Vaping cobras selection as I am learning quite quickly, the chemical taste that can come from some of these flavours as well as "dodgey" PG and VG DO NOT agree with my sensitive palet. They have 3 brands to choose from and if you have experience with any or all your input would be greatly appreciated.

Baring in mind I'd like to steer away from "Fake" tasting flavours and try to strive for the authentic taste of great home cooked desserts like my nan used to make.

So here goes....

Butter
    Caramel
    Maple Syrup
    Cinnamon
    Pecan
    Pie Crust
    Toasted Almond
    Belgian Waffle
    Strawberry (ripe)
    Cherry/Black Cherry
    Banana (ripe)
    Apple (Granny Smith and a more mellow one)
    Peach
    Honeysuckle and Cherry Blossom (cos im wierd and eat stuff like Ice cream on buttered toast... Don't knock it til you try it :P)

Also a vanilla... that can play in background notes happily with out coming to the front line and punching me in the face! Ill take a stab in the dark and say this is dependant on the amount added????

After reading a rather helpful post from Mrs Gruffy, I'm also after a sweetener/EM some thing creamy to round out flavours as a good dollop of cream should. Her suggestion of Vape King's soft serve has been added to my list.

Cheers for any and all input
    C

Retired Account
    One thing to consider, Lil Loco, is that no flavouring is going to really be as good as the flavour it's attempting to replicate.
    I was just thinking about it this morning, actually. Using banana flavouring to make a banana cake won't be as good as when you can mash up real bananas.
    I once made an orange cake using flavouring rather than orange juice and grated rind, and it was disappointing.
    I also very stupidly once tried to use coconut essence to make a satay instead of coconut milk (which has a lot of fat in it) and it was ghastly.
    In saying this, there are some flavourings that come very close to the real flavour - especially when it comes to lolly flavours.. probably because lollies are made with flavourings to begin with

So far, the concentrates I can recommend from your list, are..

Caramel Capella
    Cinnamon Lorann
    Pie Crust Graham cracker by capella
    Toasted Almond Amaretto by Inawera
    Belgian Waffle Perfumer's apprentice or flavourer's apprentice
    Cherry/Black Cherry Lorann cherry, vapeking's black cherry
    Banana (ripe) Inawera
    Apple (Granny Smith and a more mellow one) Green apple from ecigmodshop
    Peach = Vapebar's peach tea, ecigsa's juicy peach concentrate

It's not a complete list, and your taste may very well vary from mine.

ps. ecigmodshop's green apple and cinnamon bun 50/50 makes the best apple pie flavour I've ever tasted.. better than a real one.
    margyb, xen, Guttersmile and 1 others like this.

Retired Account
    Oh, another sweeter but 'real' apple flavour is Inawera's apple gold. It is sweet and best I can describe it is like an end of season apple, very ripe.
    Lil Loco likes this.

Thanks Mrs Gruffy

I don't expect the flavours to come out bang on the mark as such. But as I have very little to go by I figured getting the opinions of those who have been trying and testing would be a great starting point. I will add that I was given a bottle of Juice Whore's Cinnamon Churro and to me it was like heaven, even though I hate doughnuts! So will be ordering buckets of the stuff as my all day vape no doubt. As that is what got me off the ciggys. Thus far some of the other "cinnamony" flavours have not met the mark as the churro one was quite mild on the cinnamon and very sweet.

I am looking forward to balancing flavours, as I think some of the juices on hand would be better with certain notes and sharpness rounded off... So I will have a play with what would other wise be rubbish to get an idea of what concentrates can do.

You don't know where I can get hold of an Aussie vendor for UPS grade PG and VG?? I was going to get it from Ecig LIFE but they are out of stock.... Who ever would have thought that 3 lil words like out of stock could be so annoying!!!!!
    bethydy likes this.

ecigquality.com for usp grade pg/vg

my suggestions for blenders and such would be
    Flavor Apprentice or loran Bavarian cream
    Flavor Apprentice vanilla swirl
    Flavour Apprentice Dulce de leche
    FlavorArt fresh cream
    TFA smooth

must haves in arsenal raw ingredients on vaping cobra
    ethyl maltol
    vanillin
    Dihydrocoumarin, I love this stuff in desert vapes, describtion says sweet, creamy, vanilla, coconut, milky

go nuts concentrates r cheap and go a long way

try and stay away from concentrates with a warning attached to their use, that's my personal opinion and if there is an alternative use that instead. Some people dnt mind using them, others do. Vaping cobra has notes attached to the concentrates that have any custard notes etc.TFA sweet cream is the only one I have found on his site that doesn't have the warning but it does on TFA's website
    Guttersmile and Lil Loco like this.

A good mixer to use for the creamy effect is Dihydrocoumarin 10% from vaping cobra or Gamma-Octalactone Iv ordered pretty much all of there raw ingredients because when I was mixing in the begging I just wasn't happy with the end results no matter how much I played around with different mixtures these raw ingredients add that little extra thing that I could not find in mixing just the concentrates by themselves and for me helped rid of that fakish flavour I was getting a good cream concentrate for me is fresh cream from flavour art.
    I'm really just learning the different tastes at the moment that these raw ingredients add to the mix but I'm having a lot of fun with it at the same time kind of feel like a chef or mad scientist or something lol and the looks I get from my wife when I am mixing I swear she thinks I am running a meth lab lol
    I just remembered a good vanilla taste is vanillin 10% only need just a little and I seem to like using it better to mix with like atm I am using it to make vanilla custard I have about 10 different flavours from capella/flavour art and perfumers apprentice brewing atm going to give them a few days before I start testing them all out but they all smell really great.

;P lozza 82 beat me to it lol I see you like the Dihydrocoumarin as well
    Last edited by Guttersmile; 19-07-13 at 03:10 PM. Reason: =P
    lozza 82 and Lil Loco like this.

yep Dihydrocoumarin is awesome 2-3% is just perfect,it gives off a coconutty, creamy, sweet graham cracker kind of taste, does wonders for desert vapes

Thanks Guttersmile and Loz as always xxxxxxxx

I did see the warning about diacetyl... and have read a lil... Figured some one would chime in with substitutes, As ya's just did After Our discussion the other day about EM I did look at the raw ingredients and started to glass over a bit but now I'll Read up on that too... then sit and wonder why I forgot the rest of the stuff I was looking at.... OH Shiney!

Loving the idea of "nutty" but scared off a bit from what I have tried so far.... Im sure it will be alot different when I can choose the % of what goes in.

STILL NO BLOODY VAPE MAIL!!! Urge to throw a tantie.... RISING!!!!
    bethydy likes this.

when u tried my apple pie at my place the other night that had the Dihydrocoumarin in it.

damn no nicoticket order, oh babes that sux.

I got the next 3 off after today if u wanna come round and have a play around with concentrates and stuff and have a smelling session lol b4 u put an order in.

Your apple pie was gooooood! Sounds like we have a date!!!!!

Im dripping a TFA Banana NUT! Bread at 12mg ya gave me on my atty at the moment and to my surprise its good Mild on flavour but good. It was shoved on the "deal with it later" pile coz of the nut but now I'm thinking there's a possibility it could be "tweaked" .

I put another order through for nicoticket in the early hours of this morning as the temptation was too great for me to resist getting in before the coupon expired. I would have hit you up for what you wanted more of but given the hour I thought it would be inappropriate. Beetle juice, cherry, raspberry, and strawberry along with 5 samplers I forgot. They are coming in this order, they are all 12mg. The one I put through last night has Cinnamon Danish (couldn't resist but gave Kent instructions LOL), Apricot, beetle juice, Creme brulee, Custards Last Stand, Raspberry, and Strawberry and vanilla cupcake all at 8mg for me, which I might add are coming on a "HANDS OFF BASIS!" from the man, as I have ordered him 3x 50ml bottles in 18mg!!!! Hopefully that will keep us going a while until I am confident with this mixy uppy steepy stuff :P

Still wishing on a star for my order. I hate weekends now coz that's two less days the posty delivers!!! Funny I used to think of postys as two wheeled nazi's bringing nothing but bills and misery but now I think of him more like Santa Clause
    lozza 82 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast