Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Bitter, bitte?

Super Moderator

Bitter, bitte?

I'm trying to put the bitter into a lemon flavour. I've kinda reconciled myself to the reality that nobody is going to give me quinine to put in a flavour, and nor would anyone really want to vape it. Any ideas on a 'bitters' (lemon lime and bitters) or bitter lemon (quinine) flavour that would be okay to vape?

Do you think I could get away with putting a couple of drops of actual bitters into a flavour? It's largely alcohol, so hmmmm.

Anybody tried for a bitter flavour?

Another, unrelated question.
    Has anyone found a flavour that resembles gunpowder tea?
    alegria likes this.
    Anything I write on AVF is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    Please read the AVF rules: http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum...ions-bans.html

I will ask Tony for you. He might have a suggestion!
    mrsgruffy likes this.

MrsG

Saw this bitter wizard flavour. (Halfway down page)

Flavour Art, Italy, a leading supplier of flavouring for e-liquids
    mrsgruffy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsgruffy View Post
    I'm trying to put the bitter into a lemon flavour. I've kinda reconciled myself to the reality that nobody is going to give me quinine to put in a flavour, and nor would anyone really want to vape it. Any ideas on a 'bitters' (lemon lime and bitters) or bitter lemon (quinine) flavour that would be okay to vape?

Do you think I could get away with putting a couple of drops of actual bitters into a flavour? It's largely alcohol, so hmmmm.

Anybody tried for a bitter flavour?

Another, unrelated question.
    Has anyone found a flavour that resembles gunpowder tea?
    Bitter lemon would be really nice I think, like those Schweppes soft drinks
    mrsgruffy and alegria like this.

mmm I'd be concerned about using the Angostura bitters unless you could confirm that are free from any oils.

For the quinine you could always evaporate tonic water to get a concentrate?

Just had a thought, what about steeping the pith from lemon? Just make sure there are no oils in your steep.
    mrsgruffy likes this.

Super Moderator
    Thanks everyone.. some great ideas there!
    I just got a "remove sweetness" flavour, and I've started with a lemonade flavouring, added some lemon, taken out the sweet, and it still needs a 'something'!
    I think it's the slight bitter that naturally comes with citrus fizzy drinks.. and yes, I was thinking about a bitter lemon.. that goes down so well on a hot day.
    Anything I write on AVF is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    Please read the AVF rules: http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum...ions-bans.html

Try everything I say You only live once!

I've heard of people using Apple cider vinegar to Medical Water in e-juice. Apple cider in vaporizers cures Stress and migraine: Cider vinegar is known to calm nervousness and insomnia

Vinegar: used to make sweet flavors more bitter

Have you tried Lorann's Tart & Sour? I sometimes use a couple of drops per 10mL in fruity stuff.

Amanda

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Hey @mrsgrumpy , You can definitely add a few drops of bitters to your brew so to speak. Just be aware that besides just adding that bitter bite you're looking for it will also give the liquid a bit of 'dryness'

And if you're feeling really adventurous you can always try you hand at making your own Tinctures. Tinctures, Homemade Bitters, Cheese-Making & Project Catch-Up | Get Sconed! Just a quick link, but there are tons of sites you can look at on the subject.
    mrsgruffy, JenJ and alegria like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast