Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By spurius
  • 1 Post By spurius
  • 1 Post By Meeuwsy

Thread: Recommendations of TPA/TFA percentages please.

Recommendations of TPA/TFA percentages please.

I've read through the suggested percentage chart floating around AVF but none of the flavour I got was on the chart so I went with 10% to be safe.

The concentrates I got were;
    Mango (Out of the bottle a WEIRD plastic-y smell, even after mixing it at 10% there's still the smell, letting that air out along with the other for a day, then steeping for as long as my temptation can hold out)
    Pina Colada
    Tiramisu (VERY VERY VERY! strong smell, doesn't quite smell like Tiramisu out of the bottle but a drop landed on my finger and after a while the coffee and chocolate started to come out. So I'm hoping it'll calm down a bit after a day of aerating. Only used 5%)
    Vanilla Custard

If you have had experience of any of those please give some recommendations. I'm mixing at about 50/50-40/60 if that helps.
    Last edited by Meeuwsy; 05-08-13 at 05:56 PM.

There's some here: Mixing ratios and flavor options

- edit - you've already seen those ? feel free to add any recommendations you end up with
    Meeuwsy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by spurius View Post
    There's some here: Mixing ratios and flavor options

- edit - you've already seen those ? feel free to add any recommendations you end up with
    Thanks a lot for going out of your way to look at for the thread, but yes, I've read through it already. The only one I got out of it that I had bough was FlavourArt Watermelon.

And "Tiramisu 4% Tiramisu 3% (5-8%), 5/5"

I just wish there was an actual "from the manufacturer" set of recommendations. Some of them are too strong at 2%, and some barely register at 10%. Good luck, I've had about 2 successes out of 10 experiments so far.
    Meeuwsy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by spurius View Post
    And "Tiramisu 4% Tiramisu 3% (5-8%), 5/5"

I just wish there was an actual "from the manufacturer" set of recommendations. Some of them are too strong at 2%, and some barely register at 10%. Good luck, I've had about 2 successes out of 10 experiments so far.
    Yep, I went with that but there wasn't a Tiramisu for The Perfumers Appentice but we'll just have to wait and see how it turns out.. right now the Tiramisu is VERY strong and has a nutty smell

Okay, just prematurely trying out watermelon and I LOVE watermelon. Pretty dissapointed with FlavourArt Watermelon, tastes more like a honeydew melon. Flavour is a bit weak for me, probably move up to ~15% for my next batch.

Tiramisu still has a VERY strong smell, no coffee or chocolate coming through yet. Had to move it to a higher shelf cause I though it would taint my other flavours. It has already tainted my syringe, flushed boiling water through it, some baking soda/vinegar and the smell still comes through. Trying to let it sit in Vodka through the night..

Mango has lost nearly all of it's plastic smell, still there though.

Vanilla Custard smell DELICIOUS ! Like I want to take the bottle and just pour it over some strawberries and blueberries.

Pina Colada.. ehh. Never had a Pina Colada before, but smells pretty nice.
    Last edited by Meeuwsy; 05-08-13 at 10:15 PM.
    spurius likes this.