Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Robray
  • 2 Post By HSV

Thread: Sodium BiCarbonate?

Sodium BiCarbonate?

Nicotine gum contains sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) to help with absorption of nicotine, and I remember reading somewhere that they're planning on doing the same with ejuices.

Have they already begun doing this? Do Aussie vendors already add sodium bicarbonte to their doublers?

I think this idea holds potential.

For one, it will make vaping far more effective as a tobacco cigarette replcement.

Secindly, the more nicotine absorbed may mean we can begin to drop the nicotine levels in our ejuices.

Thirdly, it also means less nicotine will be exhaled, making if safer to vape indoors.

Has anyone tried this, or know more about it? Can Sodium Bicarbonate dissolve well in PG/VG without affecting the taste and throat hit?

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    I'm not going to try that & potentially ruin a good juice but feel free to experiment by adding a small pinch to your own juice & report back to us on the effects & taste of the juice after you try it
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Not sure Sodium Bicarbonate would work as intended when dissolved in juice? My feeling is that it would end up as solid around the coil. I dont know what temperature SB would vaporize, but it must be far higher than the 160 to 180 degrees that our atomizers can achieve. Anybody??
    TimmyC likes this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robray View Post
    Not sure Sodium Bicarbonate would work as intended when dissolved in juice? My feeling is that it would end up as solid around the coil. I dont know what temperature SB would vaporize, but it must be far higher than the 160 to 180 degrees that our atomizers can achieve. Anybody??
    How do you vaporize a solid?

Oh that's right you burn it...
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Yeah @ 50C it starts slowly turning to sodium carbonate (washing soda). > 200 it happens fairly quickly - that’s by itself of course, don’t know how the solution behaves.

HSV
    Quote Originally Posted by mathsguy View Post
    Yeah @ 50C it starts slowly turning to sodium carbonate (washing soda). > 200 it happens fairly quickly - that’s by itself of course, don’t know how the solution behaves.
    Does that mean it will wash my coils while I vape?
    unik and suspect like this.
    SunBox Modulo E7, Reo Grand, Reo Mini 2.1, J2P Pisces Mini, MicroStick (coming soon).
    Graal, VA Cyclones, GP Spheroid V3, Noname Mods NoTank.

Dunno mate - be nice though, kinda like detergent in diesel

I would say the total solution will behave quite differently to pure bicarb though - SS600 or FM will know.

I tried chucking a half used snus portion (which contains some baking soda) in my RSST tank once with VG; big fail. Gunked up in no time, taste was rank, almost no TH.

AVF Regular
    I clean my attie coils with Bi-Carb + Vinegar all the time.