Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Mint - like the herb, not the peppermint.

Retired Account

Mint - like the herb, not the peppermint.

I'm trying to make a morrocan tea flavour.. I think I've got the tea part sorted, but I'm looking for ideas on either a flavour which is like the herb mint rather than peppermint. If anyone's come across a mint flavour which is like the herb.. can you let me know? Do you think I could just put some chopped up actual mint in some pg and heat it or just soak it for a while and it would work? I guess I should just try it.. anyone had any luck with this sort of steeping?

found this, they may be able to direct you to a source that will sell a smaller amount (with a recommended usage amount of between 0.1% to 0.2% their standard sale amount may be enough for several lifetimes)
    Mint Flavour 76.512 - AFIS
    MrGruffy likes this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsgruffy View Post
    Do you think I could just put some chopped up actual mint in some pg and heat it or just soak it for a while and it would work? I guess I should just try it.. anyone had any luck with this sort of steeping?
    Only with tea, but it should work with mint ... I mean you make mint sauce by soaking mint leaves (chopped or not) in vinegar, don't you?
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

T7x
    AVF Regular
    Peppermint is a herb....
    Do you know de way 👺

Retired Account
    I know peppermint is a herb.. but I'm looking for the much milder variety. I know there's heaps of varieties too.. just the common backyard grows like a weed variety is what I'm after

MrsG - have you considered essential oil extraction from the actual plant?

Probably the simplest way would be to use a solvent like ethanol to extract the oil and then allow the ethanol to evaporate off either partially or wholly and then mix down with in a PG base (or VG etc).

You could go to a distill, but that's a fair investment in kit that may only be used a few times.

Might be a little more complicated than effusion in a base like PG or VG, but the ability to change the flavour by % in your mix will be far easier and quicker to actually 'get' the flavour from the plant.
    mrsgruffy likes this.
    Combined Vape tally - $1,202.36 since 18JUL13
    His and hers provaris just destroyed my break even timeframe!!

AVF Regular
    No experience whatsoever with mint & extracting to make vapeable juice, however if you were to ask me to make you a mint flavoured cocktail I have learned that muddling gets the fastest strongest taste. Your have to find something pretty small to use as a muddling stick depending on the size of your container and amount of herb. Muddling is good with citrus fruits as well - gets all the oils out of the skins

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by KamaKaZzie View Post
    found this, they may be able to direct you to a source that will sell a smaller amount (with a recommended usage amount of between 0.1% to 0.2% their standard sale amount may be enough for several lifetimes)
    Mint Flavour 76.512 - AFIS
    Holy snapping duckshit, 25L as MOQ.
    Steeping and tincturing with 95% alcohol is the first two methods I think.
    KamaKaZzie and rushn like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGruffy View Post
    Holy snapping duckshit, 25L as MOQ.
    Steeping and tincturing with 95% alcohol is the first two methods I think.
    Pmsl love the duckshit phase mrG.

Ill take 30mls off your hands when MrsG talks you into buying it

Let me know if you do find sonething MrsG... We have been on the hunt for ages for the same thing.
    mrsgruffy likes this.
    Vaping and smoke free since March 2012

Careful with 95% alcohol, what's the other 5%??

If you're referring to iso (or rubbing), its usually an antibacterial that remains on the skin long after the alcohol has evaporated and done its job.

That being said, you can get ISO where it's literally watered down with demineralised water, which would be fine, you'd just not want to let the total volume of alcohol evaporate of otherwise you'll be left with water and oil, which could be even harder to deal with in minute quantities. By leaving some alcohol in solution, it will allow the water and oil to mix, which then can be diluted with PG and or VG.
    Combined Vape tally - $1,202.36 since 18JUL13
    His and hers provaris just destroyed my break even timeframe!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast