Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By magick81
  • 1 Post By davee

Thread: Flavor Art Concentrates

  1. #1
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Wattle Grove, NSW
    Posts
    491

    Flavor Art Concentrates

    Hey peeps

    I have never used Flavor Arts concentrates for mixing before now. I am just wondering what percentage flavouring to use with this brand.
    I used to think 15-20% was the answer, but vapeking concentrates tasted like soapy haha, because I was only supposed to use 5%.

    So I thought I'd ask first before trying. After last time I had 20% juice which needed to be diluted to 5% which was a pain in the ass and ended up tying up all my bottles lol

    Thanks
    Kev

  2. #2
    Noe
    Noe is offline
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Posts
    13,140
    Good rule of thumb with concentrates is :
    Start with a low % & work your way up.
    Mix say 10ml in a 30ml bottle & then you can adjust it if it doesnt taste right by adding tripple the concentrate to the next 10ml you mix into the same bottle. This keeps the nic strength & PG/VG ratio the same but changed the flavor strength.
    So Suppose you start with 5%, its too weak, then add tripple in the next 10ml so 15%, you end up with 20ml @ 10% flavor, then if that is too weak you can add either 20% or 30% in the next 10ml(I'd use 20%) so @ 20% you'd end up with 30ml @ 15% flavor or with 30% you'd end up with 30ml @ 20% flavor.
    If you need to go above that, get your taste buds checked by a doctor

    If the 30ml @15% flavor isn't strong enough you could just add 1.5ml more concentrate to make it 20% flavor, into the 30ml. This will drop the nic strength slightly but not a great deal, this is why I'd use the 15% first.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

    Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

    The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

    Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

    I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    melbourne
    Posts
    1,676
    Cigarette Addiction: 12 years Quit Smoking: 22.11.2011 Started Vaping: 22.11.2011
    ProVari V2, SmokTech 1.5 ohm dc carto, OCD Tank at 4.3 volts
    Vaping and Loving it

  4. #4
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Wattle Grove, NSW
    Posts
    491
    Well I'm a bit of a glutton and like a little extra kick in my juice.

    Vapeking concentrates at 20% tasted horrible. The taste reminded me of the time I literally had my mouth washed out with soap when I was younger! Made me feel ill lol

    One flavor had that strong soapy taste, and another had a sickeningly strong floral taste/aroma too it.

    The certainly did not taste like the rock melon and watermelon they were supposed to be lol.

    But at 6% they taste just right.
    So I wanted to know if flavor arts comcentrates are as strong. Because I've had weaker concentrates that worked nicely at 15-20%


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

  5. #5
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Wattle Grove, NSW
    Posts
    491
    Thanks lozza82


    I am adding this because my post is not long enough to upload to the site so blahblahblahahahahahaha


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    lozza 82 likes this.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    2,129
    I tend to use about 3-5% for most FA concentrates. They are pretty potent.
    RichoVonBlack likes this.

  7. #7
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Wattle Grove, NSW
    Posts
    491
    Actually I should add that my previous results were using 100% VG mixes.

    I know the VG does have a big muting effect on flavors.

    These days I am mixing them at 50/50% PG/VG


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

  8. #8
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Wattle Grove, NSW
    Posts
    491
    Any advice for someone mixing either watermelon or melon canteloupe at 50/50% PG/VG??


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 02:43 AM.