Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By coopz

Thread: Oil concentrates! Advice/suggestions?

Question Oil concentrates! Advice/suggestions?

Hey guys! So I've been vaping for a few months now and I've recently ditched the ciggies for good! I've been making my own liquid from the get-go by diluting some 36mg nic-liquid down to 18mg in a 70/30 pg/vg mix and it's actually pretty satisfying plain tbh. I've been working with a couple different oil extracts that I picked up from my local chemist fairly cheaply, but they're somewhat limited in the range of flavours they have, and I would rather make my own. So my question is; how would I go about extracting my own oils and what kinds of things can I do this with? I've had a little experience extracting some very lovely oil from a very special flower by double boiling it down in vg for 6 hours as it wasn't soluble in the pg, and the vg actually lowers the boiling point of anything you add it to, resulting in a lower stove temp and no chance of actually destroying the goods haha. I would definitely love some advice here!

T7x
    AVF Regular
    Just keep slow boiling stuff in vg or pg, or you can do the steep method, throw stuff in a glass vial with pg / vg and leave for 6 weeks, shake it once per day and strain at the end, a mix of the two is good aswell.
    Grinding stuff up before you do this makes the flavour much better.
    Do you know de way 👺

what other kinds of things could I extract a nice oil for vaping from though? my immediate thought was that maybe I could somehow extract some sort of awesome chocolatey oil from cacao beans or some sort of fruit seed?

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Try some flavor concentrates designed for vaping, such as vendors sell.
    Oils can be harmful if inhaled & usually wear out your coils faster too, meaning more expense to replace them.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

I actually found a nice little cake store today that retails oils that dissolve in pretty much anything, and actually don't seem too harsh on the coils. I'm currently vaping a hazelnut/caramel blend at 18mg and my fridge is now lined with an array of 50ml oil varieties. Seems like a problem solved, but, it's still missing that satisfaction of extracting it myself. from what I can gather I would pretty much have to set up half a meth lab in order to do absolutely minimal yields which totally outweighs the cost I guess.

I love that you've got straight into homebrewing, watch out with using them in clearos though, some may disintergrate or crack.
    DanGibson likes this.

I've found with the cheapo evod's and ce6's that they tend to start leaking after a couple weeks, even with regular cleaning, and and element/wick realistically gets about a week. that could be the nicotine though, and nothing beats a stainless steel rebuildable ^_^