Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Noe
  • 1 Post By RippleInStillWater

Thread: Adding Flavouring to Menthol E-Liquid

Cool Adding Flavouring to Menthol E-Liquid

Hey all,

if i was to buy some concentrated flavours from Health Cabin and add them to a dekang menthol E-liquid would it be similar to simply an e liquid and a menthol together? I understand i'd lose some throat hit due to the dilution of the nicotine % but would it be a huge loss?

how much flavour would i have to add to get a good balance of taste?

Radial.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Welcome to AVF

IMO, you would be better off getting the flavored juice you want & adding menthol concentrate to it.
    This way you would have full flavored juice & can control the amount of menthol you add.
    Doing it the other way, you are going to need to add much more concentrates to the menthol juice to get enough flavor from them without the menthol overpowering the flavor, which would mean a greater dilution of your nic strength.

As a rough guide, with HC concentrates you need about 10% added to unflavored juice to get full flavor.
    However with menthol you can add as little as 1% & get enough menthol boost from it, certainly 5% added to juice would be plenty IMO, I have HC spearmint & I find at 5% it is very strong.
    RichoVonBlack, Samtron and avtek like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Wow, you guys know your stuff... that sounds great mate, you've been a real help!

Happy Vaping!

Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Welcome to AVF

IMO, you would be better off getting the flavored juice you want & adding menthol concentrate to it.
    This way you would have full flavored juice & can control the amount of menthol you add.
    Doing it the other way, you are going to need to add much more concentrates to the menthol juice to get enough flavor from them without the menthol overpowering the flavor, which would mean a greater dilution of your nic strength.

As a rough guide, with HC concentrates you need about 10% added to unflavored juice to get full flavor.
    However with menthol you can add as little as 1% & get enough menthol boost from it, certainly 5% added to juice would be plenty IMO, I have HC spearmint & I find at 5% it is very strong.
    Yeah, my menthols are about 15-20% of the total flavor, its a powerful additive....
    studiovape likes this.