Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Perfumer's Apprentice

Question Perfumer's Apprentice

Just wondering if anyone's got concentrates from them at all? I've watched a few youtube videos with people mixing with their stuff and they have nothing but good to say about them. I'd also love to hear where you get yours from and how good /bad your experiences have been including costs and postage costs. Thanx

Most of their flavours are far better than the other companies.

VapingCobra sell most of their flavours, in small cheap quantities too, so pricing is not much of an issue if you're just experimenting.

However, there are some flavours that I'd say flavourArt are better than. For example, FlavourArt's black tea is much nicer than PA's. FlavourArt's citrus fruits are also a bit better.

But for pretty much all the berries - blueberry, raspberry, strawberry, blackcurrent, blackberry, you best stick with PA. PA's cafe ranges are also far superior to FlavourArts.
    Last edited by marty; 04-09-13 at 05:06 AM.
    bikam0wz and purplgirl like this.

Retired Account
    I use a lot of perfumer's apprentice, and find the flavours to be very good.
    Interesting stuff there, marty. I've tried a lot of flavourart, and haven't found any of it to my liking.
    Perhaps I'd better give it another whirl.. since it's months since I last had my nose in that drawer lol
    purplgirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsgruffy View Post
    I use a lot of perfumer's apprentice, and find the flavours to be very good.
    Interesting stuff there, marty. I've tried a lot of flavourart, and haven't found any of it to my liking.
    Perhaps I'd better give it another whirl.. since it's months since I last had my nose in that drawer lol
    FlavourArt still have some really nice flavours. Their Grape (both concord and white) are really good. Their apple pie is really nice, especially when used in Lozza's recipe. I don't mind their walnut, but I dislike the nut mix - it's way too sweet. Black Cherry is delicious, as well as their Irish Cream. But their cuppacino tastes like their espresso mixed with their fresh cream, both of which aren't that good compared to PA's espresso and Bavarian Cream. Their tobacco's are a whole other story. Some of them I dont like at all, but others I think are really good. A mix of Perique Black and menthol artic for example is a good tobacco vape, but you'll need PA's Koolada to go with it.

With Perfumer's apprentice however, every flavour, even one's I don't generally care for, are still really nice. PA is definitely my favourite brand for flavours.
    mrsgruffy, bikam0wz and purplgirl like this.

Just as an example,

I'm pretty sure both Vaping Cobra and Vapebar use PA's juicy peach in the peach teas. But I think Vaping Cobra uses PA's black tea, whilst VapeBar uses FlavourArt's Black Tea. I much prefer FlavourArt's BlackTea, so for Peach Tea doublers, Vapebar gets my vote.

Later this week I'm going to try mixing PA's the Juicy Peach with PA's Green Tea. PA's green tea is much more to my liking, and is similar to FlavourArt's Black Tea but has a sharper aroma. Vapebar might be using the Green Tea, but I cant be sure.
    purplgirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by purplgirl View Post
    I'd also love to hear where you get yours from and how good /bad your experiences have been including costs and postage costs. Thanx
    Juicewhore sell PA, FA and Capella concentrates. Oz store. JuiceWhore E-Liquid E-Juice
    purplgirl likes this.

Cool magool well I've checked out both JuiceWhore and Vaping Cobra and only VC have the flavours I wanted to try but it's going to be more expensive due to the smallest amount you can buy being 5mls. So my next question is on average how much concentrate do you use to mix up day 30mls of juice? Just wondering if I for now buy from PA to try more flavors and them buy for VC once I know which ones I would like to buy in larger amounts.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Generally it depends on the flavor being used.
    Start at 5% & work your way up or down from there, mix up a small amount, 5ml or 10ml to start with, until you find the right % of flavor to add.
    This applies to any brand of concentrate you are unsure about.
    purplgirl likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Ok thanx, I checked out the calculator to see how much flavour that would be to try out a few ideas I might like the taste of. I'm looking forward to trying them out and go a little mix crazy, lol. I think I'll order from PA this time around so I can try more flavors, at least that way if I find some I love I know I can order from VC to get them quicker and for reasonable prices, but this time around I'm just getting small amounts to try out a few combos and see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Generally it depends on the flavor being used.
    Start at 5% & work your way up or down from there, mix up a small amount, 5ml or 10ml to start with, until you find the right % of flavor to add.
    This applies to any brand of concentrate you are unsure about.

Retired Account
    Purplgirl, that's what I did. I bought my first order directly from PA. I went nuts on the 4mL vials pretty much.
    Generally speaking, they're good at 5% - 10%.
    You don't want to be wasting too much of the other stuff by mixing up a whole 30mL to start with of these.
    A 4mL vial will make you at least 40mL of ready to vape eliquid.
    While shopping at PA, consider picking up some of their teeny tiny eye droppers to fit their vials and their teeny tiny pipettes as well.
    Their tiny pipettes measure roughly 80 drops to 1mL.. which allows you to measure very small amounts quite accurately.
    I recommend that you consider them disposable.
    Can I also suggest you pick up some of their vanillin crystals, koolada, sweet cream, menthol and dulce de leche as well - triffic buys if you decide to get into flavouring as a hobby (for tweaking)
    purplgirl likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast