Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By kay67kay
  • 2 Post By Nakor
  • 1 Post By necro

Thread: Ok what do you think could be wrong?

Ok what do you think could be wrong?

Just tried the first couple of mixes that i made the other night,
    The watermelon tastes pretty good nice and sweet,but the marshmallow/vanilla mix tastes like soap.all bottles and instruments were cleaned and rinsed well prior to use,
    I used 15% watermelon with 1% EM and 12% marshmallow with 3% vanilla and 1% EM,all other ingredients were the same.
    Any guidance on what has gone wrong would be greatly appreciated.

AVF Regular
    it could just be that you've mixed it too strong. if I were you, I'd take a little of the mix and add pg and or vg til it starts tasting how you want it too. I found a lot of my doublers were tasting kind of chemically and soapy and I wasn't enjoying them at all. I accidentally discovered that they are just too strong for my taste buds. I generally mix them 25/75 rather than 50/50 now.

and some concentrates are designed to only be used at between 2 and 5%.

AVF Regular
    The best advice I got, (from a pro) was to start as low as possible and slowly increase the concentrate %. As soon as the taste sours, overpowers, goes chemically, etc, dial it back a notch and mark that down as the limit for that flavour. It aldo gives you a (very) rough idea of how strong a flavour is when combining it with others.
    Samtron and necro like this.

Thanks mate,That sounds like it could be my problem Tell you what I was shattered when i tried the marshmallow hehehe....will give it a try tomorow gettin too tired too see the lines on the syringes...:-) Much appreciated....

AVF Regular
    Yep, too strong.
    Happened to me before. Got like a florally soapy taste, reminded me of when i was a kid and a nun washed my mouth out with soap lol

AVF Regular
    gosh your doing better than me...i mixed an apple pie mixture that gave me acid reflux on vaping....i diluted it by 50% and it was still wrong...smells great though...it's then that i realised that i'm not mixing flavours i'm mixing chemicals...and making it too complicated with 4+ different types isn't wise...

have you put some clear tape on your syringes? covering the gradients/numbers? this prevents them from rubbing off. Noe taught me this one. did it straight after i washed the gradients off one of my syringes and had to replace it. now they'll last for ages.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

Retired Account
    What concentrates are you using, necro?

Quote Originally Posted by mrsgruffy View Post
    What concentrates are you using, necro?
    With the marshmallow i was using some flavors apprentice mrs gruffy,i have since solved the problem seems i used a tad too much.. :-)
    mrsgruffy likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Samtron View Post

have you put some clear tape on your syringes? covering the gradients/numbers? this prevents them from rubbing off. Noe taught me this one. did it straight after i washed the gradients off one of my syringes and had to replace it. now they'll last for ages.
    A neat little trick that I use is I paint over all the markings with clear nail polish. I give it a couple coats just to make sure. Works perfectly and looks neater than tape.

Although syringes are so cheap, I used to just throw them away and replace them. But now I have had the same set for ages!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free