Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: What's the best way to taste test DIY mixes?

Question What's the best way to taste test DIY mixes?

I'm planning on getting into mixing concentrates soon and I'm hoping to figure out what works best. I use clearos but I'm guessing the dripping I'm hearing about is what would work better coz I doubt cleaning clearos after trying a few drops here and there is gong to be enjoyable. I also don't really get the whole carto side of things either so if anyone can help and steer me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated. Links along with advice would be great as I'm a visual learner. Thanx

Oh and I'm wondering how accurate dripping is, coz I'm thinking I'll stick to syringes for accuracy but when mixing a couple of ml here and there does it really make much difference?
    Last edited by purplgirl; 08-09-13 at 02:23 AM.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Mix up 5ml of juice at a time, it will save you having to do complex maths to make larger amounts, since for 10ml you just double everything & from 10ml you just multiply by 3 to get 30ml or 5 to get 50ml etc.

Using a dripping atty is the best way to test new juices, either a disposable or a RBA dripper will work.
    magick81, bikam0wz and purplgirl like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

T7x
    AVF Regular
    Use syringues, with flavour concentrate let's say you do 20 drips, that should be 1ml, but due to quantity if the weather was hot and the drops were slightly bigger you may end up with 1.5ml and not realize it, then let's say you finally make the perfect juice and have the recipe all written out, but you can never make it perfect again because you dripped and don't know the exact flavouring quantities .
    magick81 and purplgirl like this.
    Do you know de way 👺

Thanx guys, I'll stick to syringes definitely! I am still a newbie though, so what is an RBA dripper? I've only used clearomizers and have no clue about other ways of tasting, I didn't know there were disposable ones. :S

T7x
    AVF Regular
    It's a rebuildable coil and wick system dripping device. (where you drip liquid straight onto the wick as opposed to any type of tank).
    Do you know de way 👺

Quote Originally Posted by T7x View Post
    It's a rebuildable coil and wick system dripping device. (where you drip liquid straight onto the wick as opposed to any type of tank).
    Similar question from me.
    If you just want to test flavours, wouldn't a little dripping atty like this 510 VKS SS Atomizer be better than messing about with coils and wicks?
    Not that getting a RDA isn't good for general usage, but the wicks hold the flavours of previous mixes in there if you don't replace or clean them.
    I liked m0n4g3's little atty (306?) that just had a little coil (no wick) in a ceramic dish, but have no idea where to get them. But that would be ideal for testing flavours.
    Last edited by coopz; 09-09-13 at 05:00 AM.
    purplgirl likes this.

T7x
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by coopz View Post
    Similar question from me.
    If you just want to test flavours, wouldn't a little dripping atty like this 510 VKS SS Atomizer be better than messing about with coils and wicks?
    Not that getting a RDA isn't good for general usage, but the wicks hold the flavours of previous mixes in there if you don't replace or clean them.
    I liked m0n4g3's little atty (306?) that just had a little coil (no wick) in a ceramic dish, but have no idea where to get them. But that would be ideal for testing flavours.
    It depends, you get more quality control if you make your own wick in there, the premade atties aren't bad but there's no guarantee you are going to get an awesome coil and wick, you rebuild yourself and you can have a guaranteed microcoil and just use cotton swabs to test flavours .
    I personally recommend the smoktech mini RDA.
    The ceramics are pretty popular aswell, I haven't tried them.
    Do you know de way 👺

Quote Originally Posted by T7x View Post
    It depends, you get more quality control if you make your own wick in there, the premade atties aren't bad but there's no guarantee you are going to get an awesome coil and wick, you rebuild yourself and you can have a guaranteed microcoil and just use cotton swabs to test flavours .
    I personally recommend the smoktech mini RDA.
    The ceramics are pretty popular aswell, I haven't tried them.
    Yeah, I'm only talking about the ones with no wicks at all, the ceramic type. The disposable type the Noe mentioned.
    Getting a rebuildable one with wicks is something I'm looking at myself, but that's just to use a dripper with the same flavour for personal use.
    Getting a prebuilt one with no wick and not using a wick at all, and just using it to test flavours, is what I'm trying to describe. I think the one I linked is that type.
    Last edited by coopz; 09-09-13 at 05:51 AM.
    purplgirl likes this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by coopz View Post
    Yeah, I'm only talking about the ones with no wicks at all, the ceramic type. The disposable type the Noe mentioned.
    Getting a rebuildable one with wicks is something I'm looking at myself, but that's just to use a dripper with the same flavour for personal use.
    Getting a prebuilt one with no wick and not using a wick at all, and just using it to test flavours, is what I'm trying to describe. I think the one I linked is that type.
    They all have wicks, just you can't see the wicks in the one Monee had.
    RBAs are more cost effective & it's easy to rinse them out with water to clean, then dry burn to dry the water out, if you are using silica wick or if using natural wick like cotton take the cotton out & replace it cheaply.
    "Disposables" will generally last a month or so of use but cost around $5 a pop, where a cheap RBA is around $10 maybe more maybe less & when the coil blows it costs around 20c to replace.
    purplgirl likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Ok I was hoping some didn't have wicks too coz it would mean flavors don't hold onto the wicks and makes just tasting drops easier, but since that's not possible I think I'm better off sticking to disposable coz I have no idea how to rebuild or change wicks and the difference between wicks or anything yet, still very new and I've only just got my head and clearos, lol.

Can sometime please post me a link to some decent disposable drip atties at fastech for me coz I'm still looking blindly and I'm likely to buy the wrong thing and end up with carts. Thanx

Hmm, just had a quick look and there's heaps! All with different ohms, different sizes which confuses me, why do they hold different amounts of liquid if their made for dripping? I did notice they are all metal which doesn't make me think any are disposable. Some of the RBA ones come with extra wicks and other stuff so it might be worth me getting one rebuildable to play with and see if I can blow myself up, lol. But I still need help pointing in the right direction as you can most likely see.
    Last edited by purplgirl; 09-09-13 at 06:58 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast