Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Black fire & vanilla bean

AVF Regular

Black fire & vanilla bean

Newbie question here for all the experienced mixers out there.

I recently went in a concentrate co-op and thought "well I'll order what seems to be the most popular" which turned out to be black fire and vanilla bean. So I'm very happy about getting these two as a start.

Question is ...... What recipes can I use them in apart from just using them straight ? What percentages and combos ? I realize I will have to invest in some other concentrate flavors to go with them, but what ? Would like to keep things relatively simple at this point in time maybe between 3 to 5 additional concentrates?. Also for using the two of them together or individually what would you recommend?

Is there any sort of chart somewhere (eg like a colour wheel ?) for newbie mixers?
    I know it's all about experimentation and individual taste which is part of the fun, but some sort of direction to begin with would be great.
    Thanks in advance.
    Cheers
    Sodd

AVF Regular
    Mate the vanilla bean Im not sure of since Im not a great vanilla fan. The black fire though you dont need to mess with, that stuff is heaven just as it is. Im sure you would have noticed it was on almost everyones list, I think from memory only one person didnt order it.
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....

AVF Regular
    Hi Coal miner,
    I figured it must be good which is why I went for it . Lol.
    What percentage would you recommend ? 2 or 3 % like most tobacco flavors I have read about or is it a stronger or weaker concentrate?
    Thanks
    Sodd
    Last edited by The Sodd; 18-09-13 at 11:43 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sodd View Post
    Hi Coal miner,
    I figured it must be good which is why I went for it . Lol.
    What percentage would you recommend ? 2 or 3 % like most tobacco flavors I have read about or is it a stronger or weaker concentrate?
    Thanks
    Sodd
    Im not sure on these super concentrates mate as Ive never used them before. I guess its just a case of start with a little and work out what suits you. Im hoping mine turns up tomorrow before I have to go back to work otherwise I have to wait a week to get my hands on it.
    Olfella and spud like this.
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....

hey I found this but I know there is better one out there but cant find it as yet, i will keep searching

Almond pairs well with: apple, apricot, banana, caramel, cherry, coffee, fig, honey, orange, peach, pear, plum
    Apple pairs well with: caramel, cardamom, chestnut, cinnamon, cranberry, currant, ginger, hazelnut, mango, maple, rosemary, walnut
    Apricot pairs well with: almond, black pepper, caramel, cardamom, ginger, hazelnut, honey, orange, peach, vanilla, plum
    Asian Pear pairs well with: almond, apple, black pepper, cinnamon, ginger, honey, macadamia, nutmeg, raisin, vanilla
    Banana pairs well with: caramel, cherry, chocolate, cinnamon, coffee, ginger, hazelnut, honey, mango, molasses, papaya
    Blackberry pairs well with: apricot, black pepper, cinnamon, citrus, hazelnut, lemon, other berries, peach, plum
    Blood Orange pairs well with: almond, cardamom, chocolate, cinnamon, clove, fig, ginger, honey, other citrus
    Blueberry pairs well with: other berries, cardamom, mango, lemon, hazelnut, ginger, fig, lavender, other citrus
    Caraway pairs well with: apples, cabbage, pears, sauerkraut, allspice, almonds, cardamom, chili, cinnamon, coriander, fennel seed, juniper berry, onion
    Cardamom pairs well with: citrus fruit, ice creams, nuts, mango, allspice, almond, cardamom, chili, cinnamon, clove, coriander, cumin, fennel seed, ginger, mustard, star anise, turmeric
    Carrot pairs well with: anise, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, walnut
    Celery Seed pairs well with: tomatoes, allspice, black pepper, caraway, chili, cinnamon coriander, cumin, fennel seed, ginger, sage, turmeric
    Cherry pairs well with: apricot, black pepper, chocolate, citrus, nectarine, peach, plum, vanilla
    Chestnut pairs well with: apple, caramel, chocolate, coffee, pear, vanilla
    Chocolate pairs well with: oranges, nuts, Allspice, almond, aniseed, cinnamon, clove, curry leaf, fennel seed, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, mint, nutmeg, onion, vanilla
    Cilantro (coriander) pairs well with: apples, apricot, berries, cherries, citrus, nectarine, peach, plum, tropical fruit, Allspice, Cardamom, clove, coconut, cumin, fennel seed, garlic, ginger, sun-dried tomato, tumeric
    Cinnamon pairs well with: apples, bananas, cantaloupe, cauliflower, chocolate, corn, curries, grapes, oranges, winter squash, allspice, caraway, cardamom, clove, cacao, coriander, cumin, ginger, mint, nutmeg, star anise, sun-dried tomatoes, tamarind turmeric
    Clove pairs well with: apples, cakes, chocolate, orange, pumpkin, red cabbage, allspice, cardamom, cacao, coriander, cumin, ginger, nutmeg, star anise, tamarind, turmeric
    Coconut pairs well with: banana, Brazil nut, caramel, chocolate, citrus, Kaffir leaf, lemongrass, pineapple, other tropical fruits, Allspice, basil, black pepper, cumin, curry leaf, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, sun-dried tomato, turmeric, vanilla
    Cranberry pairs well with: apple, chocolate, cinnamon, citrus, mango, mint, pear
    Currants, Black and Red, pairs well with: cassis, chocolate, citrus
    Elderberry pairs well with: apricot, fig, honey, lemon, mandarin, other berries, peach, plum
    Feijoa pairs well with: banana, berries, cinnamon, citrus, mango, vanilla
    Fig pairs well with: almond, black pepper, cinnamon, citrus, hazelnut, pear, vanilla
    Garlic pairs well with: basil, caraway, chili, coriander, cumin, curry leaf, marjoram, mint, mustard seed, oregano, parsley, rosemary, sun-dried tomato, thyme
    Ginger pairs well with: almond, apple, apricot, banana, berries, Brazil nut, caramel, chocolate, citrus, coconut, grape, hazelnut, passion fruit, peach, pear, pineapple, plum, tropical fruit
    Gooseberry pairs well with: citrus, hazelnut, honey, other berries, white chocolate
    Grape pairs well with: chocolate, citrus, ginger, raisin
    Grapefruit pairs well with: basil, black pepper, caramel, citrus, mint, rosemary, thyme, tropical fruit, vanilla
    Guava pairs well with: citrus, lime, coconut, huckleberry, kaffir leaf, pineapple, strawberry, tropical fruit
    Hazelnut pairs well with: apple, apricot, banana, berries, caramel, cherry, chocolate, citrus, fig, mandarin, peach, pear, plum
    Kaffir Leaf pairs well with: banana, citrus, coconut, lemongrass, tropical fruit, watermelon
    Kiwi pairs well with: apple, banana, berries, cherry, citrus, coconut, mango, tropical fruit
    Kumquat pairs well with: berries, cherry, chocolate, cinnamon, coffee, persimmon, plum
    Lemon pairs well with: apricot, berries, black pepper, cardamom, cherry, citrus, ginger, nectarine, peach, plum, prickly pear, tropical fruit
    Lemongrass pairs well with: cherry, berries, citrus, coconut, ginger, guava, kaffir leaf, coconut, tropical fruit, vanilla
    Lime pairs well with: apple, berries, cherry, ginger, papaya, plum, strawberry, tropical fruit
    Lychee pairs well with: citrus, ginger, gooseberry, tropical fruit, vanilla
    Mandarin pairs well with: cardamom, cherry, chocolate, cinnamon, coffee, fig, ginger, nutmeg, tropical fruits, vanilla, star anise
    Mango pairs well with: apple, banana, berries, caramel, citrus, coconut, melon, tropical fruits, vanilla, cinnamon
    Melon pairs well with: berries, citrus, lemongrass, lemon verbena
    Orange pairs well with: almonds, basil, berries, brandy, cherry, chocolate, cilantro, cinnamon, coffee, cranberry, fig, ginger, grape, hazelnut, mint, nutmeg, persimmon, pineapple, vanilla
    Papaya pairs well with: citrus, black pepper, lime, mango, tropical fruit
    Pear pairs well with: almond, apple, caramel, chestnut, chocolate, cinnamon, citrus, ginger, hazelnut, vanilla, walnut
    Persimmon pairs well with: apple, black pepper, cinnamon, citrus, kumquat, pear
    Pineapple pairs well with: basil, caramel, cilantro, coconut, macadamia, rosemary, tropical fruit
    Plum pairs well with: almond, cinnamon, citrus, chestnut, black pepper, hazelnut, honey, vanilla
    Pomegranate pairs well with: apple, citrus, cucumber, mint, tropical fruit
    Prickly Pear pairs well with: citrus, lime, tomatillo, tropical fruit
    Raspberry pairs well with: apricot, cinnamon, citrus, ginger, lemon, nectarine, other berries, peach, plum, rhubarb, thyme, vanilla
    Rhubarb pairs well with: apple, apricot, berries, black pepper, citrus, ginger, nectarine, peach, plum, strawberry
    Strawberry pairs well with: apple, black pepper, chocolate, citrus, coriander, mint, rhubarb, vanilla
    Tomatillo pairs well with: berries, citrus, mango, prickly pear, tropical fruit
    Walnut pairs well with: apple, apricot, banana, caramel, chocolate, cinnamon, nectarine, peach, pear, plum, rum

the other i was talking about has tobacco flavours and menthol in it this is just mainly fruits
    Gresh11, The Sodd, spud and 3 others like this.
    Don't try to be a great man; just be a man

I have been using some Black Fire to fix up all my yuck nutty tobacco's--ie--Golden Virginia, USA Mix, make's them vapeable
    Gresh11 and The Sodd like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxien View Post
    I have been using some Black Fire to fix up all my yuck nutty tobacco's--ie--Golden Virginia, USA Mix, make's them vapeable
    Good stuff mate its a pretty good vape on its own as well.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Try black fire at 2% and vanilla bean at 0.5%

I reckon it might come out allright.

Do you have any French Pipe?? That stuff is awesome. If you do, try 1% black fire, 1% french pipe and 0.5% vanilla bean.
    coal miner, The Sodd and mace like this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks peoples,
    This is exactly the feedback I've been looking for. Thanks CMB, French Pipe is now on the list. Phoenix, you are invaluable. Have cut and pasted this in to my recipe word document ! I think this is 3/4 the battle on DIY, trying to get things that go together without spending a fortune to work it out on your own. Saxien, man (or gal) after my own heart ..... I don't like to waste anything either and have some of what you suggested. Will do. Coalminer, will give what you suggested a go as I have recently read that the concentrates coming are different to the small bottles you normally buy (2 types of black fire). Same with the vanilla bean.
    Cheers
    Sodd
    Last edited by The Sodd; 29-09-13 at 08:56 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sodd View Post
    Thanks peoples,
    This is exactly the feedback I've been looking for.
    Cheers
    Sodd
    Hey mate you still havnt told us what you think of your new stash

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast